gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681509 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 09, 2024, 11:59:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian on Conan tonight (4/8)  (Read 16604 times)
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 09:43:47 PM »

Jim Henson once pulled all your strings....

I didn't think Muppets had strings

...wocka-wocka...
Tell Mike and his family we all said hi.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:45:18 PM by 18thofMay » Logged

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 09:47:07 PM »

Woodstock-  You're right. Thank you for responding logically. I got defensive before responding clearly and ended up hurting the view of my opinion.

But Ray & 18th........why am I the one being chastised by the mods here when these kind of remarks are being made?

Never have I encountered a stranger fan base...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 09:48:21 PM »

If I have to do a video capture to prove it then so be it. He hit a duff note and was the only person touching the keyboard at the time!

Please, I'm not trying to come off cocky, is it on youtube yet? I'd like to have some proof!
uploading right now. Should be ready in 20 minutes unless my WiFi decides to work better.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 10:03:41 PM »

Much better than the Kimmel performance.  Good, upbeat song choice.  Brian was mixed low but I thought they sold the song, which to me is the point of these appearances...make people want to check out the album.  I wish they could do "Saturday Night" with Nate or "Guess You Had to Be There" with Kacey on national TV soon...
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 10:05:21 PM »

Much better than the Kimmel performance.  Good, upbeat song choice.  Brian was mixed low but I thought they sold the song, which to me is the point of these appearances...make people want to check out the album.  I wish they could do "Saturday Night" with Nate or "Guess You Had to Be There" with Kacey on national TV soon...

Those would've been much better selections. I think both of those songs and names would yield a greater response on national late night television.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 10:05:47 PM »

If I have to do a video capture to prove it then so be it. He hit a duff note and was the only person touching the keyboard at the time!

Please, I'm not trying to come off cocky, is it on youtube yet? I'd like to have some proof!
uploading right now. Should be ready in 20 minutes unless my WiFi decides to work better.

I'll check it out in the morning...thank you!  Grin
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 10:11:18 PM »

Uploaded faster than I thought.  Word of warning. ..language is kind of strong because I started unknowingly slipping into my Righteous Bald Dude character. ..force of habit! LOL

Note...first time using my brand new phone to do a video.  If it comes out upside-down I'll fix it. https://youtu.be/iGJr3IO2vHY
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:45:19 PM by ♩♬ Brian Wilson is my Spirit Animal ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2015, 10:23:37 PM »

The video was posted upside down, but that's okay cuz RS13 lives in an upside down world  Grin

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2015, 10:26:37 PM »

I'll check it out in the morning...thank you!  Grin

By morning, the official video will be up which means you must watch it now or all of Billy's work will have been for nothing and then we shall all be damned.  Evil

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2015, 10:29:20 PM »

I'm fixing it now.

To clarify. ..Scott was playing the high ding ding ding parts, Darian was playing the lead. Now *somebody* played the little organ sounding part at the end while Darian was holding one chord down. Scott's hands were away from the keyboard.

And...did anyone ever solve the mystery of what Brian's fingers were touching?  I mean it LOOKED like a keyboard to my, but hey, I had a stroke 4 years ago. Might have been hallucinating. I might have actually been watching Brian have dual hand spasms. Maybe he was molding a clay pot. Might have been texting me with his iPhone. Who knows?

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2015, 10:40:04 PM »

Billy, listening to your commentary was almost more fun than watching the video. Prior to that I hadn't realized that guys could have the advantage of a "third hand" wben playing the keys. Great performance all around, but when watching it upside down, until I turned my laptop around so everything was right side up, both your beard and Sebu's beard looked fake.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 10:41:05 PM »

LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 10:44:49 PM »

I think he was Brian was relieving 'pier pressure' with that third hand LOL

This is about 3 weeks' worth of beard growth. Maybe more...lost count. I want to see how long I can grow it before they tell me to cut it off at work!

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 11:05:15 PM »

Hmm… won't be ripping that to MP3 for automotive listening LOL

“We live in divisive times.”
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2015, 11:24:49 PM »

LOL

Video is fixed now

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2015, 11:26:31 PM »

To be honest, the tracks a cooker.  No wonder Brian's so into it, the sh*t rocks.  

He sounds good, too, you can hear him in the mix.  I'm surprised people don't think they can hear him, because he's sliiiiightly off!  He's always slightly off god bless him.   If he wasn't singing.... he wouldn't be off a little bit.  

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2015, 11:34:29 PM »

LOL

Video is fixed now
Not for me. Still upside down.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2015, 11:59:05 PM »

I just turned my laptop upside down - problem fixed! MUCH better then the Kimmel performance.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2015, 12:11:27 AM »

Weird...showing up for me right side up now, on my laptop. Gah. LOL

I'll work on it tomorrow.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2015, 12:58:30 AM »

Just watched again and noticed two things...Brian's vocals and keyboard is more audible on my video than on the actual show for some reason. ..and also..on my vid, despite my promise, you CAN hear me singing along during the opening LOL

Thank God I was in pitch!!

Nicko1234
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2015, 01:29:01 AM »

Nice to see Brian looking so happy and animated.

The effort and energy Brian has put into promoting this album would put a man half his age to shame. He deserves for it to be a decent sized hit.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2015, 02:18:41 AM »

Stop standing on your heads. Official video released. Grin

http://teamcoco.com/video/brian-wilson-04-08-15
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2015, 04:16:50 AM »

An unusally professional BW tv performance. Bravo.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2015, 05:23:21 AM »

Rubber r soul

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2015, 05:36:43 AM »

The idea that someone would wonder why Brian was even there is bizarre.

Let's say you don't know who Brian is--well, he is shown singing basically the entire time, with quick shots of the other performers. You wouldn't know which voice belongs to him, and would have no reason to think he was buried in the mix a bit. As far as playing the keys, his hands were moving, not sure what more you'd look for there if you happened to be watching the show. Casual observers are not going to obsessively break it down like that. And if they did, they'd have no reason to suspect anything awry. For good reason, since nothing was.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx