gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:40:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian on Conan tonight (4/8)  (Read 16395 times)
If Mars had life on it...
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2015, 08:14:46 PM »

wonder what he'll play
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 08:18:48 PM »

wonder what he'll play

I haven't watched Conan since he left NBC.  Will Brian still play at the end of the show?
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 08:39:11 PM »

Runaway Dancer

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 08:51:59 PM »

Whomever these two doofs are need to finish on up...only 10 minutes left. I know it was pretaped but damn this sh*t could've been cut out.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 08:58:43 PM »

Wow, Brian actually looks really into it, I'm really liking this performance!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »

Mic is not loud enough but what I can hear of him he sounds great...and that's the most animated I've seen Brian in years

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 09:00:55 PM »

Watching it now.  Brian's vocals are quite low in the mix.  Still, this is going better than the Jimmy Kimmel performance.  I still think BW's best TV performance was his appearance on Conan years back performing "Heroes and Villains".  Wish I could watch that one again...

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 09:01:14 PM »

Yeah, I could barely hear Brian, if at all.  Everything else appeared to go a lot smoother than the Kimmel performance, though.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 09:02:11 PM »

Mic is not loud enough but what I can hear of him he sounds great...and that's the most animated I've seen Brian in years
Absolutely-great performance by him and the band-much better than Kimmel.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 09:02:50 PM »

Is it to early to search YouTube yet?  LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 09:06:05 PM »

Not really sure why Brian was there...the only time he was audible in the mix is if his phrasing was off from Sebu.

He looked WAY happier than last week, but if I were in that audience and didn't know Brian Wilson's history...I'd leave there saying, well what did that guy have to do with anything? He barely sang, and never touched his piano.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 09:07:56 PM »

Yeah, I could barely hear Brian, if at all.  Everything else appeared to go a lot smoother than the Kimmel performance, though.

Just rewound it and rewatched. ..Brian was indeed low, but I could hear him better once I knew what to listen for, and he sounded great...to the point where I REALLY wish he was turned up!

And actually. ..I thoughe he was miming but upon 2nd watch he was indeed playing the keys, as during the false fade towards the end he's the only one touching the keys, and you can hear it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:09:17 PM by ♩♬ Brian Wilson is my Spirit Animal ♯♫♩ » Logged

Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 09:15:03 PM »

Not really sure why Brian was there...the only time he was audible in the mix is if his phrasing was off from Sebu.

He looked WAY happier than last week, but if I were in that audience and didn't know Brian Wilson's history...I'd leave there saying, well what did that guy have to do with anything? He barely sang, and never touched his piano.

Total Bullshit as usual.  He played the keyboard the whole time . He was completely audible in the mix. But this is completely in line with just about every post you make. Your agenda shines through though , just fine
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 09:17:07 PM »

Total Bullshit as usual.  He played the keyboard the whole time . He was completely audible in the mix. But this is completely in line with just about every post you make. Your agenda shines through though , just fine

My agenda? What is this...the mob?  Shocked

I'm a fan...I watched the show, and I'm commenting. I'm sorry if my thoughts don't line up with your "agenda"...yeesh!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 09:18:22 PM »

Here we go...
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 09:22:15 PM »

Here we go...

No. NOT here we go dammit.

I'm a fan and I'm sorry if I don't praise everything Brian does! I don't praise everything ANY of them do!!!

We should be able to comment here regardless of our feelings and not be ostracized for it.

I'm all for conversation about our opinions, but this board has NEVER engaged in that...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 09:24:54 PM »

My agenda? What is this...the mob?  Shocked

I'm a fan...I watched the show, and I'm commenting. I'm sorry if my thoughts don't line up with your "agenda"...yeesh!

Considering the way you just completely disrespected Guitar fool in the other thread because he actually backed up what he said  (despite you viewing his view as 'stagnant'), well...

Nothing to do with opinion. ..you flat out stated Brian never touched the keyboard, which was blatantly incorrect (and has been pointed out to you twice now). it's okay to admit you're wrong once in a while. No, you don't have to praise everything. sh*t,  I sure as hell don't. But if someone points out something you're incorrect about, no need to get so defensive.

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 09:28:47 PM »

Considering the way you just completely disrespected Guitar fool in the other thread because he actually backed up what he said  (despite you viewing his view as 'stagnant'), well...

Nothing to do with opinion. ..you flat out stated Brian never touched the keyboard, which was blatantly incorrect (and has been pointed out to you twice now). it's okay to admit you're wrong once in a while. No, you don't have to praise everything. sh*t,  I sure as hell don't. But if someone points out something you're incorrect about, no need to get so defensive.

I watched the entire performance live on TV and never once saw his hands make contact with the keys nor did I hear it.

If someone would like to provide a clip proving otherwise, I'll gladly watch it once more.

I wasn't defensive about anyone being right or wrong, I'd like to know what Ray knows about my "agenda".......
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 09:31:51 PM »

If I have to do a video capture to prove it then so be it. He hit a duff note and was the only person touching the keyboard at the time!

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 09:32:36 PM »

If I have to do a video capture to prove it then so be it. He hit a duff note and was the only person touching the keyboard at the time!

Please, I'm not trying to come off cocky, is it on youtube yet? I'd like to have some proof!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 09:36:12 PM »

Jim Henson once pulled all your strings....

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 09:37:45 PM »

Here tomorrow I guess.

http://teamcoco.com/category/video-category/full-episodes
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 09:40:33 PM »

Jim Henson once pulled all your strings....

I didn't think Muppets had strings

...wocka-wocka...
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 09:40:46 PM »

Here we go...

No. NOT here we go dammit.

I'm a fan and I'm sorry if I don't praise everything Brian does! I don't praise everything ANY of them do!!!

We should be able to comment here regardless of our feelings and not be ostracized for it.

I'm all for conversation about our opinions, but this board has NEVER engaged in that...

But saying things like Brian "recycled" Kokomo into Tell Me Why is something else though. If you're backtracking anytime you're challenged on your claims, why are you making them?

Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 09:42:33 PM »

I watched the entire performance live on TV and never once saw his hands make contact with the keys nor did I hear it.

If someone would like to provide a clip proving otherwise, I'll gladly watch it once more.

I wasn't defensive about anyone being right or wrong, I'd like to know what Ray knows about my "agenda".......

I will just quote 18th of May's post ; reply # 304  to you on the No Pier Pressure review thread: " this is in keeping with your tone and pattern of the negative- Brian band/everything Brian from your last 40 odd posts. Well done".

I have seen Brian give really lousy performances  on TV before . Tonight was not one of them.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx