gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:58:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Landy ever realize he did anything wrong?  (Read 52706 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2015, 10:46:59 AM »

The notion that, for nine years, Landy's girlfriend had no idea what he was doing to Brian is simply laughable. She was around, she saw what was happening. She knew. She was complicit.

What with the whole living in his house thing.
John Malone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2015, 10:48:06 AM »

I am sorry if you feel I am being too hard on poor Alexandra. She must have been as floored as everyone else to find out her boyfriend was doing such evil things to Brian Wilson. Heck, had she known, she probably would have joined in the lawsuit alongside Carl, Audree, Carnie, and Wendy to have Gene removed from Brian's life.

The notion that, for nine years, Landy's girlfriend had no idea what he was doing to Brian is simply laughable. She was around, she saw what was happening. She knew. She was complicit.

Andrew...thank you!!! I was beginning to feel like the lone voice picking on her.
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2015, 10:59:18 AM »

Hi all,

I think that Landy might haven known by this time he was doing wrong.  That one comment to Diane Sawyer abut how in his life of work he is an artist was a sing that he thought he was right.  Yet I wonder how he felt once the camera was off?  Very few people will admit they were wrong.  Alexandra knew what was going on.  Landy couldn't take anyone who had a differnt opinion of him and what he was doing.  That wasn't just wrong of Landy to say that the Wislson family was sick and were harming Brian it was evil, pure and simply evil.  Nothing can EVER justify that statement of Landy's.  Evan will always defend his Father.  Alexndra will always say that she and Eugene were the victims.  Carl taking them to court was magnificent!!!  Remember when Melinda started to question Landy he told her to go away.  I like what Peter and Debbie said.  There is what people will say in public and to the public and what they will say and do in private.   People who manipulate will be found out sooner or later.  In an interview Audree said that Landy was the wrost thing that happened to her son.  When Brian's daughter saw their father they could only see him one house a piece and a person from Landy's staff had to be there.  I read on an online site that Brian had to sneak a phone call to Audree.  Brain did take drugs.  Landy did take advatnage.  If any of you want to learn more about Landy read Maureen McCormick's story.  Can we change what happened?  No, we cannot.  Can we say how we feel?  Yes, we can.  I know that if Brian had been put in a hospital for two years he might have been fine.  If Alexandra wants to talk she will.  I think that both sides simply want to move on.  I know that Landy thought he could outsmart the others.  Yet he forgot, or chose to forget, that the blame finger always comes back around.  Nobody in that sitution is blameless.  The real victims of the Landy years are the two daughters from Brian's first marriage.  Audree and the girls are blameless.  In the end Carl saved the day.  He is the hero.  
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2015, 11:39:23 AM »

I am sorry if you feel I am being too hard on poor Alexandra. She must have been as floored as everyone else to find out her boyfriend was doing such evil things to Brian Wilson. Heck, had she known, she probably would have joined in the lawsuit alongside Carl, Audree, Carnie, and Wendy to have Gene removed from Brian's life.

Andrew...thank you!!! I was beginning to feel like the lone voice picking on her.

Yeah, AGD, thanks for putting Malone at ease. He can breathe easier now.  Meanwhile, let's not forget to completely disregard  the "funny" lyrics she wrote to some of the finest melodies around. You know, the lyrics that were approved of by Wilson, Titelman, Waronker, and Stein. Let's be sure to play that down and accentuate the negative stuff she was sucked into by association.  Roll Eyes

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2015, 11:42:58 AM »

I thought BW '88 had some pretty decent lyrics, for the most part, compared to what had come before. Although I love 'Everybody Wants to Live Just Once', regardless, so I suppose I've pretty much become agnostic on lyrics over the years of my Beach Boys fandom.  Tongue
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2015, 11:47:19 AM »

Nobody in that sitution is blameless.  The real victims of the Landy years are the two daughters from Brian's first marriage.  Audree and the girls are blameless.  In the end Carl saved the day.  He is the hero.  
Agree with this 1000%. I'm really looking forward to the book on Carl, he seemed to have an inner strength that few in life are lucky to possess.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2015, 11:59:08 AM »

Gee, Ray, been waitin' 3 days for you to come on this thread to help weed out the truth from bullshit!  Finally, I state a fact about Alexandra along with some speculation and you decide to call bullshit. I know you did that respectfully, Ray, maybe after a 6-er of Artois(?)

Then Debbie comes along, following Ray as she seems to be doing on the Love & Mercy thread putting in her .02 sense saying Alexandra's lyrics are "funny". Granted Alexandra's credits were subsequently removed from "Love & Mercy", but I don't find any of the lyrics to the above songs "funny". Why do you think they're funny, Debbie?

I'm taking this to PM due to the personal attack level here, but will comment on one thing.  Re:  the L&M THREAD, I commented on previous reviews by people who had seen the film, ever since Toronto.  Recently I commented on Howie's review first, and I commented on Ray's review later.  They were responses to people who actually saw the film.  My comments are based on personal experience and relationships from before the Landy period and observations during the Landy period, so I have a perspective here, whether you happen to agree or not.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:22:21 PM by Debbie Keil-Leavitt » Logged
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2015, 12:27:22 PM »

Check out the clip where Diane Sawyer got Landy for an interview. She asked a point blank question and Landy sat there looking like a deer in the headlights for what seemed like forever and couldn't answer.  Brian must have been hyped up on something as his face contorts like Mr. Ed when he talks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-vhRkfFgj8

Thanks for posting this Mikie.  The Brian section of this was sort of painful to watch (except the part with Diane Sawyer walking on the beach, she’s hot).  And I don’t need to see that photo of Brian in a Speedo again, yikes!

Yeah, we all wish we could go back in time and find a real doctor for Brian.

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2015, 12:27:28 PM »

Yeah, AGD, thanks for putting Malone at ease. He can breathe easier now.  Meanwhile, let's not forget to completely disregard  the "funny" lyrics she wrote to some of the finest melodies around. You know, the lyrics that were approved of by Wilson, Titelman, Waronker, and Stein. Let's be sure to play that down and accentuate the negative stuff she was sucked into by association.  Roll Eyes

Mikie, I don't get what your problem is here. Best stow it.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »

Well in the BS Landy/Brian biography Landy made sure to put something in there about how he was going to SAVE Denny next and obviously ran out of time.

My two cents. I give Landy nearly NO credit in any form. A thousand reputable doctors could have/should have treated Brian. People speculate on what if's here all the time. What if a true doctor, instead of that hack that drugged the hell out of Brian, had helped him.

Not just that. The book blames Carl for supposedly wanting to wait until after Christmas to begin Dennis' treatment. He is indirectly blamed for Dennis' death on his older brother's autobio-- it must have been heartbreaking for Carl.

Yes, that was despicable.

As I recall (the copy I had of that awful book is long since gone), the book said that part of the treatment would have been an intervention, and since Carl figured -- probably correctly -- that Dennis would put up a big fight and probably make things ugly, that Carl decided to wait until after the first of the year to spare Audree any drama during the holiday season.

Of course, what that book DIDN'T mention is that Carl had tried to get Dennis help for years and had offered to have the Beach Boys pay for the treatment and buy the Harmony back for Dennis if he stayed clean.

Pointing all that out would have gotten in the way of Landy's agenda.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2015, 12:46:34 PM »

PM from me your way, Bud.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2015, 12:49:48 PM »

Check out the clip where Diane Sawyer got Landy for an interview. She asked a point blank question and Landy sat there looking like a deer in the headlights for what seemed like forever and couldn't answer.  Brian must have been hyped up on something as his face contorts like Mr. Ed when he talks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-vhRkfFgj8

Thanks for posting this Mikie.  The Brian section of this was sort of painful to watch (except the part with Diane Sawyer walking on the beach, she’s hot).  And I don’t need to see that photo of Brian in a Speedo again, yikes!

Yeah, we all wish we could go back in time and find a real doctor for Brian.

You're welcome, Heysaboda.  I remember when that was first broadcast on TV on a weeknight. . Very enlightening. My whole family watched it with me and I remember saying out loud, "Uh oh".

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2015, 12:53:36 PM »

I thought BW '88 had some pretty decent lyrics, for the most part.

I thought so too.

The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2015, 12:54:33 PM »

Could it be that someone has a crush on Ms. Morgan?
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2015, 01:06:37 PM »

Who, Mikie or AGD?

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2015, 01:20:01 PM »

Who, Mikie or AGD?

LOL
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2015, 01:41:25 PM »

Well in the BS Landy/Brian biography Landy made sure to put something in there about how he was going to SAVE Denny next and obviously ran out of time.

My two cents. I give Landy nearly NO credit in any form. A thousand reputable doctors could have/should have treated Brian. People speculate on what if's here all the time. What if a true doctor, instead of that hack that drugged the hell out of Brian, had helped him.

Not just that. The book blames Carl for supposedly wanting to wait until after Christmas to begin Dennis' treatment. He is indirectly blamed for Dennis' death on his older brother's autobio-- it must have been heartbreaking for Carl.

Yes, that was despicable.

As I recall (the copy I had of that awful book is long since gone), the book said that part of the treatment would have been an intervention, and since Carl figured -- probably correctly -- that Dennis would put up a big fight and probably make things ugly, that Carl decided to wait until after the first of the year to spare Audree any drama during the holiday season.

Of course, what that book DIDN'T mention is that Carl had tried to get Dennis help for years and had offered to have the Beach Boys pay for the treatment and buy the Harmony back for Dennis if he stayed clean.

Pointing all that out would have gotten in the way of Landy's agenda.
Exactly. Landy hated Carl because he was the one trying to separate the dr from his patient/hostage/victim. Again, I have to think all the trauma Carl endured trying to take care of his brothers took years off his own life. He always put others before himself. Only the sickest MF ever would blame Carl for Dennis' death.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2015, 01:50:32 PM »

I thought BW '88 had some pretty decent lyrics, for the most part.

I thought so too.

They weren't the greatest (understatement) but miles ahead of anything on Sweet Insanity.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2015, 01:53:51 PM »

I think the idea that Landy or Morgan contributed much of substance to the lyrics on BW88 is laughable.

Rewriting Brian's original words or adding extra, dubious verses? Perhaps. But the main lyrics of Love and Mercy are clearly all Brian's doing. And I have no idea what they could have added to Let It Shine, given that Jeff Lynne wrote the bulk of the song.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2015, 02:12:04 PM »

I think the idea that Landy or Morgan contributed much of substance to the lyrics on BW88 is laughable.

How do you know that?  Looking forward to your response.

Meanwhile, it's known that a couple of Landy's credits were rescinded before the re-release of the Brian Wilson '88 on CD (Rhino). I noticed that Morgan has been removed from the Love & Mercy credits. So obviously some of the credits were B.S. I guess the publishing company knows who wrote what/when and who didn't.  Not sure Brian knows - he folded like a wet noodle in court concerning the Mike Love Sea Of Tunes lyrics. But I don't think the general public knows who actually wrote what. You can get writing credit for only contributing two words, so.......

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2015, 02:15:08 PM »

I dunno, after looking at her picture, I was thinking about...

John Malone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2015, 02:31:20 PM »

Hoo boy! After years of just reading just about everything here and actually posting once in a blue moon, I finally decided to come out of my shell and engage in conversation. I started the day yesterday with only about 22 cumulative posts over five years, and just in the past 24 hours, I have posted almost that same amount. And, just as quickly, I seem to have ruffled some feathers. 

Mikie...do you have an association with Alexandra Morgan we don't know about here? Of all the drama I have sat and watched in this place over the years, most of it has been part of efforts to defend either a Love or a Wilson, or someone else close to the band in a positive way. I simply cannot believe anyone would waste his/her energy going to the mat over Alexandra Morgan, who was a co-conspirator in all the abuse put out by one Eugene E. Landy. I only offered my initial opinions about whether or not Landy ever felt guilt. Then, somebody posted the link to that horrific one woman show (if you watch it, you'd think it was a bit from SCTV). After checking out the part between 45:00 and 50:00, where Ms. Morgan gives us a personal and rather fond recollection of being seduced by her therapist IN THE OFFICE did I again confirm that Landy was a total whack job completely lacking an ethical compass. And, since she appears to be proud that she had the rare (yeah, right) opportunity to go to bed with Dr. Landy, then she's pretty much the same. It just gave me a true insight into who these people were (and apparently she still is.) No need for me to breathe easier. I wasn't that upset about it to begin with. If the sad tale of abuse regarding BW wasn't there, these two people would be more humorous than anything else.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:34:26 PM by John Malone » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2015, 02:53:11 PM »

How do you know that?  Looking forward to your response.

Meanwhile, it's known that a couple of Landy's credits were rescinded before the re-release of the Brian Wilson '88 on CD (Rhino). I noticed that Morgan has been removed from the Love & Mercy credits. So obviously some of the credits were B.S. I guess the publishing company knows who wrote what/when and who didn't.  Not sure Brian knows - he folded like a wet noodle in court concerning the Mike Love Sea Of Tunes lyrics. But I don't think the general public knows who actually wrote what. You can get writing credit for only contributing two words, so.......

Not just a couple. All of Landy and Morgan's songwriting credits were removed. I'm not saying that's accurate or correct, either.

I also didn't say that I knew anything about the authorship of those songs. Please note that I began my post with the words "I think."

But given Landy's desire to be credited for everything, and to insert himself into every part of Brian's life, I think the idea that he truly co-wrote Brian's best songs of the period is nuts. There were reports from the sessions that Landy would try to rewrite lyrics to songs on the fly -- and there are extant boots of BW88 tunes with alternate, worse lyrics.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2015, 03:15:47 PM »

John, to be truthful, I did exchange a few e-mails with Alexandra around 2007 after Landy died. But that's neither here nor there. I exchanged quite a few with Carol Kaye too, but if I bring it up here, AGD would tell me she's fulla sh*t and never talk to me again. I regard AGD as a friend; we are only days apart on birthdays, and there's been COUNTLESS times over the years when I've wanted to step in and defend posters on this board and others who have had run-ins with him. But.... I held back. Then today, he tells me to "Stow it". Isn't that what Mel the cook use to say on that sitcom show a few years back?

Hey, after all this board-polarizing Mike vs. Brian and Brian vs. Mike and Mike vs. Mike and the Brianistas and the Lovesters and The Smiley Smile Board vs. Loren Daro with Buddahat and others sticking up for the underdog, I decided to take the low road and get my own attention. Realizing I would be unpopular even while emphasizing in my posts that Landy was a "villain" and a "crook" along with other adjectives, I defended his therapy decision to get Brian back in the saddle right way with his music (did I really have to?) Then I decided to exude an air of positivity towards someone who contributed a few lyrics to some songs that I like. That's it. And I have no regrets. The thing that got me in trouble with the board hierarchy is when I said, "Alexandra more than likely didn't have much to do with Landy's business affairs, other than to write lyrics for the Brian Wilson '88 and Sweet Insanity albums. Probably her association with the controversial Landy is why she doesn't want to discuss the songwriting part of it." I thought about that twice before I posted it, but was feeling a little defensive and posted it anyway. Shoot me. It's been a fun discussion, and I'm sure the Johnny Come Latelys will provide their input now, since there's nothing else to talk about and business is slow here.

Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2015, 03:25:11 PM »

How do you know that?  Looking forward to your response.

Meanwhile, it's known that a couple of Landy's credits were rescinded before the re-release of the Brian Wilson '88 on CD (Rhino). I noticed that Morgan has been removed from the Love & Mercy credits. So obviously some of the credits were B.S. I guess the publishing company knows who wrote what/when and who didn't.  Not sure Brian knows - he folded like a wet noodle in court concerning the Mike Love Sea Of Tunes lyrics. But I don't think the general public knows who actually wrote what. You can get writing credit for only contributing two words, so.......

Not just a couple. All of Landy and Morgan's songwriting credits were removed. I'm not saying that's accurate or correct, either.

I also didn't say that I knew anything about the authorship of those songs. Please note that I began my post with the words "I think."

But given Landy's desire to be credited for everything, and to insert himself into every part of Brian's life, I think the idea that he truly co-wrote Brian's best songs of the period is nuts. There were reports from the sessions that Landy would try to rewrite lyrics to songs on the fly -- and there are extant boots of BW88 tunes with alternate, worse lyrics.

Thanks - I can't imagine that anyone presumed that anyone but Brian wrote the music, but anything's possible. The lyrics I found entertaining were the Landy-esque aphorisms/cliches of the time where Morgan was credited - must have been the boot. I suppose it's possible that Brian wrote them to make Landy happy, given the benefits for him from doing that at the time, but they definitely don't sound like Brian.  
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:26:34 PM by Debbie Keil-Leavitt » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx