gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:29:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Landy ever realize he did anything wrong?  (Read 52718 times)
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »

Hi all,

Manson was once a part of Dennis's life.  Landy was once a part of Brian's life.  While a majority of fans don't like it this is how it was.  The former is in jail.  The latter is dead.  Both men were wrong.  I am sure that whomever bought Landy back in is kicking himself now.  It would be natural for Alexndra to say that she and Eugene were victims.  Each side wants to be the vicitm.  Yet in the end Brian was the victm of Landy and Dennis was the victim of Manson.  I know that Manson would say he was the victm of Dennis.  It is amazing what people will say when they have lost the cases.  Dennis is dead.  Brian is still with us and has an ablum coming out on Tuesday, April 7.  I am looking forward to enjyoing that.  Yes, Carl did put others first.  I am sure he received some spanknigs from Murry.  Both men are dead.  Did any of you notice in the Diane Sawyer interview that at one point Landy compated himself to Brian?  What a crock!!!  Landy had illusions of a very posh and grand life for himself.  When he took over Brian's life he lived in Brian's house while Brian lived in a house very much like the ones we live in.  While Landy had the babt grand piano Brian had and upright piano.  The latter is the type you see in every Chorus room in school.  If any of you are looking for the best description of the Landy years read Catch A Wave by Peter Ames Carlin. 
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2015, 12:14:17 PM »

Hi all,

Manson was once a part of Dennis's life.  Landy was once a part of Brian's life.  While a majority of fans don't like it this is how it was.  The former is in jail.  The latter is dead.  Both men were wrong.  I am sure that whomever bought Landy back in is kicking himself now.  It would be natural for Alexndra to say that she and Eugene were victims.  Each side wants to be the vicitm.  Yet in the end Brian was the victm of Landy and Dennis was the victim of Manson.  I know that Manson would say he was the victm of Dennis.  It is amazing what people will say when they have lost the cases.  Dennis is dead.  Brian is still with us and has an ablum coming out on Tuesday, April 7.  I am looking forward to enjyoing that.  Yes, Carl did put others first.  I am sure he received some spanknigs from Murry.  Both men are dead.  Did any of you notice in the Diane Sawyer interview that at one point Landy compated himself to Brian?  What a crock!!!  Landy had illusions of a very posh and grand life for himself.  When he took over Brian's life he lived in Brian's house while Brian lived in a house very much like the ones we live in.  While Landy had the babt grand piano Brian had and upright piano.  The latter is the type you see in every Chorus room in school.  If any of you are looking for the best description of the Landy years read Catch A Wave by Peter Ames Carlin. 

Gads, I'm going to sound like I'm defending Landy - one of the last people I'm inclined to ever defend.  Brian told me he preferred his upright to a baby grand for composing as the soundboard faced him as he played.  Why Brian didn't have both pianos for obvious reasons would be the bigger question.
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 14, 2015, 01:28:55 PM »

Hi all,

Yes, Debbie why Brian didn't have have both types of pianos would be the bigger question.  Brian knows more about pianos than I would.  Yes, he had the best upright.  He would know more about soundboards than I would.  I know that whatever Landy wanted he got.  Manipulators make me sick!!!  The type of Landy did as well as the type that one family member does to another to get their way.  Landy did give Brian pills so that he could control him.  People manipulate because they know they can get their way or are scared of something.  What the latter manipulator doesn't get is that there is a way that things can work out so that everyone can get some of what they want.  Landy wanted total control.  In the end he lost.  I am sure that whomever bought Landy back into Brian's life the second time is kicking himself.  Landy looked at Brian and saw money for himself.  In the end Carl saved the day and Brian's life.  There is a saying that goes to the vicot goes the spoils.  Landy really got the spoils and then got caught.  If everything between Brian and Lady was suppsoed to be between them only then how did his family find out about the revised will?  The Wilson family is wonderful!!!   Thank goodness that Melinda literally ran into him in 1992.  He started dating her again and in 1995 they got married.  She is the reason he is in the best shape he has ever been in since before taking drugs.  We owe Carl, Audree, the grirls, Melinda and the peopel who ruled in Car's favor gratitude.  Now all that remains is to wait until No Pier Pressure comes out.  It will be marvelous!!!  A late Easter gift!!! 
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 16, 2015, 02:20:37 AM »

True or false:

The lyrics to "Smart Girls" were written by Brian Wilson.

False

Correcto mundo!

How about "Country Feelin'" and "Daddy's Little Girl"?  Wilson or Landy?
Country Feelin' - Landy
Daddy's Lil Gil - Wilson

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2017, 11:18:05 PM »

I've just gone through this whole thread. There's no opinion I can add about Eugene's methods/character that hasn't already been given.

But I think it speaks volumes upon volumes about Brian that he missed Eugene. What a beautiful soul Brian has.

"In my opinion it makes Pet Sounds stink - that's how good it is!" - Dennis Wilson

"Our records were really very good. We're very talented and we know how to do what we do." - Carl Wilson

"The thing is, I'm just pooping along. Some people buzz along. I poop along. I just can't help it; that's the way I am. I'm just a pooper." - Brian Wilson
Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2017, 03:32:53 PM »

Brian missing Landy is a classic example of Stockholm Syndrome.

If it runs amuck, call the duck
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 22, 2018, 10:25:37 AM »

I recently got an Ancestry.com account, and in addition to trying to figure out some personal family tree stuff, I randomly for sh*ts and giggles typed in a few non-family names. Landy was one of them. And lo and behold, I discover that when Landy moved to Hawaii after having been forcibly removed from Brian, he wound up living literally walking distance from a park called Wilson Playground.

I cannot think he was unaware of this when he chose where to live. Creep-a-delic!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: March 22, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »

Interesting...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx