gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680810 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 10:27:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: David Crosby on Mike Love  (Read 29596 times)
DJ M
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2015, 04:01:15 PM »

https://twitter.com/thedavidcrosby/status/572904529273860096

Did you ever work with Mike Love?

"Have not
Would not
Not a good person"

Ha ha ha
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »

Funny that Neil Young basically said the same thing about Crosby recently on Howard Stern Wink)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 04:05:04 PM »

Crosby means it, Neil is just doing his CSNY drama as usual l.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 04:10:39 PM »

Pot calling the kettle black?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 04:13:59 PM »

Pot calling the kettle black?

Typical born-again sober guy talk on Crosby's part .....

"Oh, I was on crack back when I behaved like a total piece of shite, so it doesn't count"
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 04:21:53 PM »

Mike was totally sober when causing trouble and ripping off the BBs legacy. His only drug is his ego.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »

Mike was totally sober when causing trouble and ripping off the BBs legacy. His only drug is his ego.

I think your self righteous non-stop negative judgement of Mike demonstrates a much bigger ego on your part than he could ever have.

At least Mike helped make good music along the way.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:25:07 PM by Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 04:24:13 PM »

Mike is not having a good week.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 04:26:27 PM »

Mike is not having a good week.

Why on earth is Crosby getting asked about Mike Love and tweeting about Mike Love lately?

My guess is he's butt hurt over Neil's comments and is lashing out at an easy target.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »

It's always about deflecting blame from Mike on others.

tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 04:29:48 PM »

At this point Mike could say the sky is green and red and someone one would try to rationalize it that he was correct or it was the sky's fault for being blue. Not much better or different in regards to Brian either but that always existed. The rationalization of everything Mike is still so baffling to me.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 04:31:18 PM »

At this point Mike could say the sky is green and red and someone one would try to rationalize it that he was correct or it was the sky's fault for being blue. Not much better or different in regards to Brian either but that always existed. The rationalization of everything Mike is still so baffling to me.

It's not even about Mike, but rather the hypocrisy behind MUCH of the criticism he gets.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 04:32:12 PM »

He's answering a bunch of questions on Twitter, some sort of random question and answer session.

Just a few minutes later he was asked about the genius of Brian wilson, he called it "innocent, brilliant and inspiring".

He's obviously on team Brian, would fit in well on this Board.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 04:36:41 PM »

He's answering a bunch of questions on Twitter, some sort of random question and answer session.

Just a few minutes later he was asked about the genius of Brian wilson, he called it "innocent, brilliant and inspiring".

He's obviously on team Brian, would fit in well on this Board.

Yeah, he would  Evil
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 04:37:32 PM »

Not every criticism is hypocritical about Mike or unfair.  There is a balance to be found but finding that balance on the board seems to be impossible.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 04:39:22 PM »

Not every criticism is hypocritical about Mike or unfair.  There is a balance to be found but finding that balance on the board seems to be impossible.

well, maybe if the hypocritical part of it was dialed back a bit the relevant and reasonable criticism would be a bit easier to catch. Otherwise it's like how Rick Wakemen described Tales From Topographic Oceans as "wading through a cesspool to get to a water lily"
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 05:26:01 PM »

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up  And his crutch is TM which he hides behind to justify his wacko behavior traits which additional face painting won't have an effect on.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 05:29:27 PM »

https://twitter.com/thedavidcrosby/status/572904529273860096

Did you ever work with Mike Love?

"Have not
Would not
Not a good person"

Ha ha ha

I'm sure ML must be devastated as his hopes of working with David Crosby vanish.  Roll Eyes

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 05:33:18 PM »

Considering what Terry Melcher has said about David Crosby it's certainly cause for concern when David Crosby says this about you
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 05:37:12 PM »

Well David was the most objectionable character Terry had ever met. As per Van Dyke Parks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiwQF-NB4Ig&sns=em

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 05:38:42 PM »

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up  And his crutch is TM which he hides behind to justify his wacko behavior traits which additional face painting won't have an effect on.

and YOU talk about having a crutch!!!!!!  Evil
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 05:54:35 PM »

Well, not really. You use your own judgement to determine baseless hate from legitimate issues, same as with anything else in life. No there's not really some saint-like poster who is completely 100% unbiased but who'd expect there to be. Human beings are opinionated.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 06:07:15 PM »

and YOU talk about having a crutch!!!!!!  Evil
WTF??? myKe luHv is a bleeding hypocrite who's "religious doctrine" preaches peace, luHv and understanding. Even a Kohkohdope could see that the pointster can't conveniently hide behind a religion to justify his ego. Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 06:08:04 PM »

I wonder how many musicians (famous, musical contemporaries from the 60s-on) would actually disagree with Crosby's statement. Either privately or publicly. Sadly, I'll bet not many. It's sorta like how you can count Bill Cosby's celebrity defenders on one or two hands, and about 50% of the defenders have something to gain (Cosby Show residuals $$) by defending him.

Mind you, I'm not trying to compare Love to Cosby, just stating that I unfortunately and very sadly don't think there are many big names who would come to Love's defense and refute Crosby's tweets. Wish it wasn't so.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »

I wonder how many musicians (famous, musical contemporaries from the 60s-on) would actually disagree with Crosby's statement. Either privately or publicly. Sadly, I'll bet not many. It's sorta like how you can count Bill Cosby's celebrity defenders on one or two hands, and about 50% of the defenders have something to gain (Cosby Show residuals $$) by defending him.

Mind you, I'm not trying to compare Love to Cosby, just stating that I unfortunately and very sadly don't think there are many big names who would come to Love's defense and refute Crosby's tweets. Wish it wasn't so.

Look at it this way. How many artists have had the luhvster guest on their albums. Kinda speakes for itself. Smokin

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx