gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681218 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 28, 2024, 10:53:35 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love "Vibe Room" Q&A  (Read 55840 times)
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 07:16:17 PM »

Well I guess this means he won't be doing a Q and A on this forum then?   Undecided
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 09:06:28 PM »

I believe this is right down the hall from the champagne room.
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 09:56:18 PM »

Well I guess this means he won't be doing a Q and A on this forum then?   Undecided

I can hardly imagine why not.  Roll Eyes

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2015, 10:03:23 PM »

I can hardly imagine why not.  Roll Eyes

Why the rolled eyes?
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 12:01:07 AM »

For sarcasm - clearly Mike has no desire to engage in a Q&A with the Gruesome Twosome lurking.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 12:04:59 AM »

For sarcasm - clearly Mike has no desire to engage in a Q&A with the Gruesome Twosome lurking.

Ah..  Of course..  I need more coffee  :/
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 12:28:16 AM »

w00t!  Ick! Just clicked on the site and immediately felt soiled.

I think you're blameshifting, dood.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:09:57 AM by Alan Smith » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 03:40:46 AM »

Cool!
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 10:32:10 AM »

No pizza questions so far. Interesting.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 02:46:15 PM »

The "Vibe Room" sounds really...sexual. 

Feeling exitations, Nick? Wink
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2015, 10:52:17 PM »

The "Vibe Room" sounds really...sexual. 

Feeling exitations, Nick? Wink

Only clothing allowed? Baseball caps.

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2015, 11:14:14 PM »

Funny how the only folks talking about this seem to be Mike haters ......

He's pretty easy to ignore if you choose too, which I'd imagine would be the optimal reality for some people, so why not try it?

This argument could apply to everything anyone dislikes on the internet. I never understood the thought process that everyone has to be positive about things all the time online. It isn't like that in real life.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
rynedotcom
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 08:36:27 PM »

So this will be more enjoyable than Bri's, right?
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2015, 09:47:47 PM »

Funny how the only folks talking about this seem to be Mike haters ......

He's pretty easy to ignore if you choose too, which I'd imagine would be the optimal reality for some people, so why not try it?

This argument could apply to everything anyone dislikes on the internet. I never understood the thought process that everyone has to be positive about things all the time online. It isn't like that in real life.

Who said everyone has to be positive about everything on the internet? I certainly didn't ..... Your point, though valid and correct, doesn't let incessant negativity off the hook either.

No great secret, but I think when it comes to Mike, there's a not so subtle line where poking fun becomes just ugly and redundant and mean spirited ..... This can be annoying to .......... Beach Boys fans, ya know?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:58:10 PM by Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again » Logged
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 09:34:16 AM »

I've tried to register for Mike's forum with two different email addresses, and have not received the required activation email ... which probably explains why no one is posting there !

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 09:53:47 AM »

I've tried to register for Mike's forum with two different email addresses, and have not received the required activation email ... which probably explains why no one is posting there !

Weird. Maybe you're deemd a hostile witness?
I saw your post, went to the site, registered and got my activation password immediately, tho it was in my spam account.... 
Now if I can only figure how to change my password

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »

Weird. Maybe you're deemd a hostile witness?
I saw your post, went to the site, registered and got my activation password immediately, tho it was in my spam account.... 
Now if I can only figure how to change my password

Ahhh ... there you go, Spam !

Thanks

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 09:47:10 PM »

I asked if he would bring the white robe back to the stage! Smiley Also, curious on his thoughts on Gary Usher, Roger Christian, Jack Reiley and Stephen Kalanich.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2015, 10:35:26 PM »

Wishful thinking, but I tend to think it will be the same. Tho, if you like joke questions about pizza 'n' stuff (aka 'odd humor'), you may enjoy it more, yes.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2015, 01:31:23 AM »

You can tell how loved of a figure Mike Love is around here by the amount of replies to a thread about a Q&A by him gets in multiple days.....

Almost makes you feel sorry for the guy until you remember what a long, successful, & money-filled career dude has had.

I've like to ask him what it's like being so bald while being a cousin to people with such luscious heads of hairs, and if he'd trade lifetime of Buber-creativity and mental illness for having enough hair to never have to seek out a baseball cap,  but have no interest in signing up for his "vibe room".

No mas, por favor.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2015, 01:40:40 AM »

I think they'll both be, just in different ways.

Much like I dig both of them, for different reasons (although of course I am partial to Brian)

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2015, 09:21:22 AM »

You can tell how loved of a figure Mike Love is around here by the amount of replies to a thread about a Q&A by him gets in multiple days.....

This would be a longer thread than it is now if the Q&A was on this board. It would be a more controversial one than the Brian one, that's for sure.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2015, 06:13:56 PM »

Just a reminder that tonight is the last night for everyone to get questions in for Mike to answer.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2015, 01:07:30 AM »

This would be a longer thread than it is now if the Q&A was on this board. It would be a more controversial one than the Brian one, that's for sure.

Yeah, of course there would be a bigger thread if Dr. Love was doing his Q&A on this site. I'm sure once he answers all the questions this thread will blow up. But there have been way more pointless and stupid threads on this forum that have gotten a lot more responses. There are plenty of threads that make you go "how the hell did such a small, insignificant issue turn into 15 pages of arguing".

Us SmilySmilers could rally together and spam his "vibe room" with questions about the collapse of SMiLE and C50, and why he sang "over and over the crow cries uncover the corn field" so well and with such passion, but. Nah. We just got 2 pages.

I'm not a Mike sympathizer, and I don't think he's as evil and talentless as a lot of people make him out to be, but when he offers to do a video interview interview with questions asked by the "general public" (also known as the hardkore Beach Boys fans) and a thread on SmileySmile.net doesn't even get 3 pages worth of comments after several days... Dude obviously isn't a very loved figure around here, despite the number of people who claim neutrality in the Wilson vs. Love debacle.

No mas, por favor.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 08:05:26 AM »

Mr. Burns, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx