gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:13:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl Wilson biography due September 29th  (Read 57081 times)
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2015, 04:57:11 PM »

wow..what a great birthday present for me this will be  Smiley

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2015, 06:38:32 PM »

Whoa.  If this is a good bio, this will be one fascinating read.  By all accounts, a complex man that few people outside the family really knew intimately (but who was universally loved).
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2015, 07:46:21 PM »

Maybe this is some of the "big news coming " that Brian referred to a few weeks ago.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2015, 07:50:11 PM »

Me too!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 08:03:19 PM »

Me too!

you born 9/29 mikie? 9/29/53 for me.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2015, 08:08:34 PM »

Classy cover, nice design, just what Carl deserves.

Can't wait to get a copy

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 08:27:43 PM »

Maybe this is some of the "big news coming " that Brian referred to a few weeks ago.

Could be. Since he posted that, we've gotten the official information about the release, formats, and tracklist of the new album most fans have been waiting to hear, we had Brian do a live event on this board and BW.com, and with reports coming in of the film being screened at various festivals in the next few months I'm guessing an official date for a general release will happen as well. And there is also the book for which we're waiting to hear an official release date. And perhaps some tour info as well, I'm hoping for an East Coast jaunt if and when it all comes out.

Album, book, movie - all in the works, one of them confirmed and detailed already. Possibly additional live shows. A bio of Carl is another event coming in 2015 which fans can look forward to, for sure! Definitely big news all around. Good news for fans.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 08:44:56 PM »

wow..what a great birthday present for me this will be  Smiley

Me too!

9/25/55, Steve.  Close enough to the book release.  Unfortunate that Carl can't contribute to or proofread this book, but I have a feeling it'll be screened pretty good by others before it comes out.

There's another surprise book coming probably this year or next, but I'm under oath not to say anything!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:52:44 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 08:57:29 PM »

wow..what a great birthday present for me this will be  Smiley

Me too!

9/25/55, Steve.  Close enough to the book release.  Unfortunate that Carl can't contribute to or proofread this book, but I have a feeling it'll be screened pretty good by others before it comes out.

There's another surprise book coming probably this year or next, but I'm under oath not to say anything!

ooh....  I bet at least 66% of BBs collectors already know about that one, Mikie!  Did you have to sign in blood?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2015, 09:54:10 PM »

What a nice surprise.  I needed one today.  Ordered it and picked up the complete 4 Seasons AND Byrds albums boxes plus some other odds and ends...Gathering of Flowers-Mamas and Papas, Mark Ronson and a a couple of other cds.  Can't wait to read Carl's biography.  Sure took it's sweet time floating to the surface.  What a day!!!  Shocked

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2015, 10:02:53 PM »

There just isn't enough info on Carl! We even got a book about David Marks before him for crying out loud!

Carl wasn't a really outspoken guy, I doubt there would have been one earlier if he had lived longer.

Now if Bruce would publish one too, the cycle would be complete.

I Wrote the Songs, Now I Adjust the Mic: The Memoirs of Bruce Johnston

How about Bruce Johnston: Life is shorts ? (Of all people me saying that... Cheesy)

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2015, 06:59:29 AM »

Me too!

9/25/55, Steve.  Close enough to the book release.  Unfortunate that Carl can't contribute to or proofread this book, but I have a feeling it'll be screened pretty good by others before it comes out.

Close enough for me, as well. My birthday is 9/21. I am really looking forward to reading this book.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2015, 07:12:00 AM »

I hear Jardine's pushed it back to 2021 to coincide with the 60th anniversary.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2015, 07:17:10 AM »

DAMN it.  The last Beach Boy we need a book about and he delays it. I might be dead by then!

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2015, 07:20:20 AM »

And speaking of birthdays and Carl's book release, AGD's birthday is in the same month as some of us too.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2015, 07:32:52 AM »

Very interesting! Will definately pick this up.

Don't know that earlier book either (Surf Beat) - anyone here who has read that one or other books by Crowley? If so, what is your impression of him as a writer?
Haven't read him but found this:

"Kent Crowley writes about music for numerous publications such as Vintage Guitar and Shakin' Fever. He researched Bob Keane's The Oracle of Del-Fi and edited Hollywood's Gold Star Studio founders Stan Ross and Dave Gold's upcoming Gold Star Album. He has consulted on Freak Out in Cucamonga, an upcoming documentary on Frank Zappa's Pal Studios/Studio Z."

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2015, 08:01:47 AM »

And speaking of birthdays and Carl's book release, AGD's birthday is in the same month as some of us too.

9/6/55

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2015, 08:05:14 AM »

Carl was so private that this is kind of a Catch-22 situation... if anyone close to Carl spoke to the biographer, they probably wouldn't have given much away. And if no one spoke to the biographer, what's he really gonna tell us that we can't find from using the search function on this board?

Does anyone really think this is going to be a great biography?

Having said that, i don't know much about Carl's life so it'd be interesting to find out even a little more.

Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2015, 08:14:00 AM »

damn,  i'm really an old fart around here!     Grin

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2015, 08:25:10 AM »

Really looking forward to this one. Nearly as much as the Mike one and much more then the Brian one.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2015, 10:16:35 AM »

You are. But I think "Oldsurferdude" might be King of Oldfartdom on this board. Or maybe "Add Some". Or maybe "Fillthepage". Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. "Custom Machine" has been around the block a few times. So has "Rn57".

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2015, 10:28:08 AM »

You are. But I think "Oldsurferdude" might be King of Oldfartdom on this board. Or maybe "Add Some". ".

LOL And later...we'll be back to list all of the 'wieners' who post here...not mentioning....OR QUOTING....anyone in particular....well NOT Steve anyway. Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »

You are. But I think "Oldsurferdude" might be King of Oldfartdom on this board. Or maybe "Add Some". Or maybe "Fillthepage". Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. "Custom Machine" has been around the block a few times. So has "Rn57".
10/12/47, Evanston, Ill. Hello

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2015, 11:14:22 AM »

10/12/47, Evanston, Ill. Hello

GOOD GOD, THAT"S OLD!!!!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2015, 11:24:35 AM »

Ill. Hello
[/quote]

At that age...I'm guessing   Air Quotes"Ill" Air Quotes is really just putting it mildly.  King

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx