gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680817 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 12:16:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The New Surfsiders  (Read 5276 times)
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2015, 02:37:05 PM »

How did I miss these?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRPIKqH2csw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syHA6aNAZmM

It looks like they have 4 singles out on Norton Records.

The original "The Surfsiders Sing The Beach Boys Songbook" is one of the worst records of all times -- so bad it's good.  And these guys have the sound down perfectly! 

Lee
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 05:37:07 PM »

Actually, I enjoyed Kohkohmoe listening to these guys do it. Really hones in on what a foozler the original was.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 06:31:44 PM »

So good!! Love it!

Cook pork throughly
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 06:47:29 PM »

How did I miss these?:

The original "The Surfsiders Sing The Beach Boys Songbook" is one of the worst records of all times -- so bad it's good.  And these guys have the sound down perfectly! 

Lee

Lee;  Is that Ed Norton records ? Ed Norton , Engineer of Subterranian Sanitation ?  This is the second worst f---ng thing I have ever heard. And simultaneously the funniest.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 07:20:48 PM »

How did I miss these?:

Lee

Lee;  Is that Ed Norton records ? Ed Norton , Engineer of Subterranian Sanitation ?  This is the second worst f---ng thing I have ever heard. And simultaneously the funniest.

Makes me wonder how swell their other releases are: 

Smile Medley/ Never Learn Not To Love   described:  >>   Don’t have the time to plow through the Beach Boys’ multi-disc SMiLE SESSIONS box set? See what REAL genius is as the new Surfsiders blaze through the whole album in three minutes! And if that ain’t enough tp make you flip your lid, the boys serve up a snappy dance version of the Manson-Wilson chestnut! <<

Little St Nick/ Til I Die   Described:  >>  Run, run reindeer! In Round Three of their assault on the beach Boys songbook, we find the New Surfsiders in an upbeat festive mode, which carries over to the peppy stab at a SURF’S UP gem! Perfect holiday gift for the Mike Love fan on your shopping list!

And describing the first two... 
Kokomo/GV    >>Norton launches its new POPULAR DEMAND SERIES with stunning covers of two Beach Boys chart toppers by the New Surfsiders! This exciting brawny, suntanned threesome carry on the semi-musical tradition of the legendary sixties budget album THE SURFSIDERS PLAY THE BEACH BOYS SONGBOOK (which featured a young Lou Reed in full Mike Love warble on several tracks), a tradition that seemed unapproachable until now! Add some twisted music to your day!  <<

D,D,D / Luau   >>Subtract some music from your day the New Surfsiders way! One side “live in concert” and one side “live at a party”!  <<

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 09:20:44 PM »

OMG. 

They nailed the sound of the original Surfsiders album PERFECTLY.  It sounds like it recorded in the same studio for crying out loud.  And that awful "saxophone player on meth" backing track is just as relentless as the original.

I'm sure most have heard the original, but it bears repeating here in case some haven't.  The opening harmonies of "When I Grow Up To Be A Man" are everything you need to know about this record:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alOsjIY3j6Y
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 02:37:50 AM »

this sounds really bad! I cant sing but sing way better than these guys.
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 05:50:38 AM »

Lee;  Is that Ed Norton records ? Ed Norton , Engineer of Subterranian Sanitation ?  This is the second worst f---ng thing I have ever heard. And simultaneously the funniest.

No relation Ray, but Ralphie's quote "Norton, you are a mental case" applies just the same!

I just bought all 4 singles from Norton Records.  $6.00 each.  What can I say...

Lee
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:53:13 AM by LeeDempsey » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 06:25:36 AM »

Lee;  Is that Ed Norton records ? Ed Norton , Engineer of Subterranian Sanitation ?  This is the second worst f---ng thing I have ever heard. And simultaneously the funniest.

No relation Ray, but Ralphie's quote "Norton, you are a mental case" applies just the same!

I just bought all 4 singles from Norton Records.  $6.00 each.  What can I say...

Lee

Oohhhh  to have your money buddy!

LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 07:47:52 AM »

C'mon Chris, you know you will just wait until they show up on eBay for $5.00 each, and then tell me you got them cheaper!   Wink
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 07:52:54 AM »

Okay, who spiked the Glee Club's fruit punch with energy shots?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 08:01:17 AM »

Okay, who spiked the Glee Club's fruit punch with energy shots?

Lee's buying!!

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 08:19:24 AM »

I think the punch got spiked by the people from facesofmeth.com Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 08:43:27 AM »

Here they are http://www.45cat.com/45_search.php?sq=New+Surfsiders&sm=se

Watson, did you hear this?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 09:06:04 AM »

C'mon Chris, you know you will just wait until they show up on eBay for $5.00 each, and then tell me you got them cheaper!   Wink

If only!  They seem to show on Ebay for $9-12 each

Here, if you want to purchase:  http://www.nortonrecords.com/search.php?search_query=%22+the+new+surfsiders%22&Search=
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:09:31 AM by bgas » Logged

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 08:09:34 PM »

Great fun.  Laughed loads.  The Dance-cubed 'intro' was throw-back hilarious.

And NO...I don't think Im gonna buy any of this.  It's on YewToob.   Good enough

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 10:43:03 PM »

Funny AND terrible.

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx