gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:43:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Carl Conversation 1974  (Read 20122 times)
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2015, 05:17:13 AM »

when it is possible that he either just embellished it or maybe didn't relate the details with complete accuracy.

Embellished is a good hint. Last night I was thinking that, considering the guy's aim, it is likely that he exaggerated Dennis' state to fit his Christian agenda more. Also Carl's talk of being able to sleep with any chosen girl without knowing whether out of "true" feelings for him personally or just because he's famous is to be taken with more grains of salt than that he did meet Carl and got called an asshole by him.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2015, 07:20:18 AM »

There's people on this board that knew Carl well. By most accounts he was a gentle soul, but I've also read he was opinionated and stood by what he thought. Like when he walked out of the Baywatch Nights session, or when he moved Brian from center stage to the side behind a piano.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2015, 12:26:59 PM »

when it is possible that he either just embellished it or maybe didn't relate the details with complete accuracy.

Embellished is a good hint. Last night I was thinking that, considering the guy's aim, it is likely that he exaggerated Dennis' state to fit his Christian agenda more. Also Carl's talk of being able to sleep with any chosen girl without knowing whether out of "true" feelings for him personally or just because he's famous is to be taken with more grains of salt than that he did meet Carl and got called an asshole by him.

...except that as the cards come tumbling down...the cards come tumbling down...

Some of it is BS?  Some of it isn't?  Good thing we didn't STEP in it. Wink

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2015, 02:30:44 PM »

Some of it is BS?  Some of it isn't?

Based on true events, dramatized for the effect, I'd say.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2015, 12:16:05 AM »

There's people on this board that knew Carl well. By most accounts he was a gentle soul, but I've also read he was opinionated and stood by what he thought. Like when he walked out of the Baywatch Nights session, or when he moved Brian from center stage to the side behind a piano.
I would agree with that. Sometimes we think 'gentle' means 'passive'; Carl stood his ground when he needed to. His gentle diplomacy is very much missed these days.
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2015, 08:57:16 PM »

Add Some you are like a sage, old backwoodsman .
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2015, 12:26:26 PM »

Fascinating story!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx