gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:24:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Lorren Daro Thread  (Read 233711 times)
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 30, 2015, 07:08:14 AM »

Filled...There is little doubt that the 3 Wilson boys all had problems with drugs at some point along the path.  Why they took 'em?  They had issues.  It was the 60s.  Loads of folks were 'doin' it.  They were 'on the road to find out'.  They needed to quell the despair of being the 'sons of a gun'?

I remember who gave me my first drink of hard liquor.  First time drinker?  First time puker.  Bad trip.  IF I had become an alcoholic would it have been HIS fault?  Surely not.  Sooner or later...likely sooner...I'd have poured a set of drinks somewhere else with someone else.  And it was illegal too.  The drinking age here back then was 21.  I was what? ... 16 or 17?  Minutia.  Can't remember.  I do recall having a whopper of a hangover the next day,  And I've NEVER taken a drink of gin again.  Can't even tolerate the smell of the stuff.

It would have happened with Brian.  The things already indelibly stamped in his head would have had more to do with his reactions and thoughts and problems while tripping [if he had any problems goin' on inside his noggin at that time] than just where he was situated or who he was with.  I'm guessing if Lorren had provided strawberries that they would have enhanced the experience.

The point?  It could have turned out worse.  Maybe it could have turned out better.  The thing is...it still would have turned out with or without Lorren.
Add Some and buddahat - my point in that fictional "hypothetical" was for an opportunity to neutralize the dialogue and take it out of the BB context.  It is capable of repetition in other contexts. It is of no consequence what the other brothers did or didn't do.  

However, concept of Dennis and Carl being referred to as "dandelions" in the herd just objectifies them and shows disrespect to Brian's whole family and business model. Loren had no apparent "use" for them. They appear to be mere pawns on the chessboard. Brian is an "orchid" and worth an effort?

We aren't necessarily talking about the brothers but they were mentioned and not in a complimentary fashion. I wasn't there, so I am not an eyewitness. But, I cannot rely on Daro's account.  It clashes with many others who have bona fide cred.  And with Numero Uno - Brian.

And after all, much in literature is a "metaphor" for something else that is at another level in social/political discussion.  

This whole SSmile posting scenario I missed in 2012 and prior to, but when I went back with the search function and found this had been well-debated before.  My position is unlikely to change.  This event or events touched and undermined a whole family, and a working a business model, and is now being boastfully retold and I guess that is one reasons why I find it problematic.  

And, others have unraveled some of the timelines; those who have credible info.  
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 30, 2015, 07:08:45 AM »

Filled...There is little doubt that the 3 Wilson boys all had problems with drugs at some point along the path.  Why they took 'em?  They had issues.  It was the 60s.  Loads of folks were 'doin' it.  They were 'on the road to find out'.  They needed to quell the despair of being the 'sons of a gun'?

I remember who gave me my first drink of hard liquor.  First time drinker?  First time puker.  Bad trip.  IF I had become an alcoholic would it have been HIS fault?  Surely not.  Sooner or later...likely sooner...I'd have poured a set of drinks somewhere else with someone else.  And it was illegal too.  The drinking age here back then was 21.  I was what? ... 16 or 17?  Minutia.  Can't remember.  I do recall having a whopper of a hangover the next day,  And I've NEVER taken a drink of gin again.  Can't even tolerate the smell of the stuff.

It would have happened with Brian.  The things already indelibly stamped in his head would have had more to do with his reactions and thoughts and problems while tripping [if he had any problems goin' on inside his noggin at that time] than just where he was situated or who he was with.  I'm guessing if Lorren had provided strawberries that they would have enhanced the experience.

The point?  It could have turned out worse.  Maybe it could have turned out better.  The thing is...it still would have turned out with or without Lorren.

I'm with you. I've made my feelings on him quite clear but in all fairness you can't blame him for turning Brian on to acid because Brian would have tried it regardless. That said, not seeing any problem with Brian *driving* while tripping is mindblowingly stupid, but that's been covered already.
Billy, take my word on this, it was different back then. Even in the 70's when I was teenager, we did lots of stuff that is really looked down upon today, but wasn't looked at that way then. Even drunk driving wasn't treated the same way as it is now or even the past 30 years. I drove while doing lots of different things and did so because I felt that I was in the best control of myself. I truly did not trust any of my other friends behind the wheel.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #652 on: January 30, 2015, 07:09:59 AM »

Snore...almost as boring as Nicko's posts

Oh no, let's not get at each other's throats, please...

Agreed. If this continues (from anybody) this thread will be locked and warnings will be issued.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: January 30, 2015, 07:10:43 AM »

I'm with you. I've made my feelings on him quite clear but in all fairness you can't blame him for turning Brian on to acid because Brian would have tried it regardless. That said, not seeing any problem with Brian *driving* while tripping is mindblowingly stupid, but that's been covered already.

Well ya.  Unless he was driving a VW...'cause bugs CAN fly...so it'd have been safe then. Shocked  I think Lorren suggested somewhere that he dropped acid maybe 8 times was it?  A rookie Billy.  A novice.  A virtual beginner.  Maybe not qualitied to be the 'tour guide'.  Don't know.  I wasn't there... [and EVERY trip is/was different]

Filled...to be timely...Dennis and Carl had not emerged from the shadows in 65-early 66...so perhaps they hadn't been noticed yet.  Their buds hadn't begun to bloom so to speak?  Brian was FAR easier to spot.  As was Mike I would think.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:17:54 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 30, 2015, 07:14:29 AM »

Well ya.  Unless he was driving a VW...'cause bugs CAN fly...so it'd have been safe then. Shocked  I think Lorren suggested someonewhere that he dropped acid maybe 8 times was it?  A rookie Billy.  A novice.  A virtual beginner.  Maybe not qualitied to be the 'tour guide'.  Don't know.  I wasn't there... [and EVERY trip is/was different]
That cracked me up! I had a bunch of VW's in that day when the engine was in the rear!

My other query is how does one come upon a "medical grade" substance without being in the medical profession?
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 30, 2015, 07:17:31 AM »

Well ya.  Unless he was driving a VW...'cause bugs CAN fly...so it'd have been safe then. Shocked  I think Lorren suggested someonewhere that he dropped acid maybe 8 times was it?  A rookie Billy.  A novice.  A virtual beginner.  Maybe not qualitied to be the 'tour guide'.  Don't know.  I wasn't there... [and EVERY trip is/was different]
That cracked me up! I had a bunch of VW's in that day when the engine was in the rear!

My other query is how does one come upon a "medical grade" substance without being in the medical profession?
It is well known that Owlsey's stuff was "Kitchen Clean". Listen to Steely Dan's Kid Charlemagne.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #656 on: January 30, 2015, 07:19:07 AM »

Billy, take my word on this, it was different back then. Even in the 70's when I was teenager, we did lots of stuff that is really looked down upon today, but wasn't looked at that way then. Even drunk driving wasn't treated the same way as it is now or even the past 30 years. I drove while doing lots of different things and did so because I felt that I was in the best control of myself. I truly did not trust any of my other friends behind the wheel.

Oh yeah, I know, but at least it's something you realized was wrong with 20/20 hindsight. sh*t, I've done some stupid things back in the day too. Off subject but this is a good example... One day, about 13 years ago, I called in sick to work. So I was home and decided to smoke a bowl or two. Or twelve, who knows. I smoked so much, I smoked myself sober basically. Wasn't sh*t on TV, and was bored. So, I drove myself to Walmart to buy a videogame. Here's the punchline...I worked right next door. Sure enough, i ran into my boss (who didn't see me), bought some cough drops, and went home. Completely forgot to buy the game. Even more odd was the fact that I passed up a GameStop several exits before I got to that Walmart... and the fact that there was a Walmart closer to me than the one next to my damn job.

Ahhh...youth. LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: January 30, 2015, 07:21:55 AM »

Ya Doc...Stan's 'product' was the best I ever 'heard' about Wink  Still...not sure I would have wanted to drive.  Busing it from point A to point B was hard enough.  I could tell you some stories about how STUPID I was with that 'stuff' but it'd be boring.  [sh*t on a stick!!!  SORRY Billy...I posted that w/o realizing that you had told YOUR story.  But YOUR'S was compelling. LOL]

Filled I responded to your response just prior to your last post...as an edit in the post above yours'.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:27:13 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 30, 2015, 07:35:14 AM »

Buddahat - let's just suppose that Brian was Joe Schmo, but Joe is the best strawberry farmer on the planet.  His father Mac was a strawberry farmer but Joe could grow better than Mac, and the old guy didn't like it.  And Joe has a young bride named Betty. And Joe has a buddy that has been watching Joe, and is closer to the secret cultivation formula than anyone else, and he is Nick.  

Nick goes out and sells the prize strawberries, all over the place, doing the grunt work in the grocery stores, and farmers' markets, with some other guys, doing the public relations, bringing sample platters of Joe's strawberries with champagne on the side, to hotels, and conventions. Business is good for Joe, and he keeps working on making the cultivation even better.

All the local farmers and beyond, want Joe's secrets so they can get in on the action.  And some farmer distributor named Johnny, a well-connected guy in big-time agribusiness is on the chase to get the secret so they all can get in on the action.  So they want to give him some "truth serum" to get the secret. Johnny thinks the only way he can get the secret is to cut off Betty, Old Mac and Nick, who gets new accounts all the time...

A different perspective...

Let's just suppose that Brian was Joe Schmo.  Joe is quickly becoming a very good strawberry farmer, and without any proper training.  His father Mac was a strawberry farmer but Joe could already grow better than Mac, and the old guy didn't like it.  But Joe was providing a good living for the family, so Mac helped to sell Joe's berries.  And Joe has a young bride named Betty. And Joe has a buddy that has been watching Joe, and he has learned enough about Joe's strawberries to be able to market them effectively, and he is Nick.  

Nick goes out and sells the strawberries, all over the place, doing the grunt work in the grocery stores, and farmers' markets, with some other guys, doing the public relations, bringing sample platters of Joe's strawberries with champagne on the side, to hotels, and conventions. Business is good for Joe, but he knows that his strawberries can be better, so he keeps working on growing a finer product.

Joe has a friend named Johnny, a well-connected guy in big-time agribusiness, who knows that Joe can grow even better strawberries.  So Johnny gives Joe some fine books about agriculture in order to help Joe.  After Joe reads the books, he asks Johnny about a very potent fertilizer, which Joe believes will help him.  Johnny at first refuses, as the fertilizer is very strong, and can damage crops if used incorrectly.  Jow is relentless and tells Johnny that he will find his own fertilizer.  Finally Johnny gives in, and guides Joe through the first use of the fertilizer.  Old Mac, Betty, and Nick do not want Joe to use the fertilizer, because they are afraid that the strawberries will be too different to the ones that they have been selling.  But Joes strawberries just got better and better, so much so that Nick didn't know how to sell these new strawberries.  So Nick, Mac and Betty tried to force Joe into growing the old strawberries again, which were very good, but not as fine as the new ones.  Eventually Joe grew tired of the arguing, so he stopped growing strawberries and let Nick grow his own strawberries...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:50:24 AM by LostArt » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 30, 2015, 08:01:49 AM »

Buddahat - let's just suppose that Brian was Joe Schmo, but Joe is the best strawberry farmer on the planet.  His father Mac was a strawberry farmer but Joe could grow better than Mac, and the old guy didn't like it.  And Joe has a young bride named Betty. And Joe has a buddy that has been watching Joe, and is closer to the secret cultivation formula than anyone else, and he is Nick.  

Nick goes out and sells the prize strawberries, all over the place, doing the grunt work in the grocery stores, and farmers' markets, with some other guys, doing the public relations, bringing sample platters of Joe's strawberries with champagne on the side, to hotels, and conventions. Business is good for Joe, and he keeps working on making the cultivation even better.

All the local farmers and beyond, want Joe's secrets so they can get in on the action.  And some farmer distributor named Johnny, a well-connected guy in big-time agribusiness is on the chase to get the secret so they all can get in on the action.  So they want to give him some "truth serum" to get the secret. Johnny thinks the only way he can get the secret is to cut off Betty, Old Mac and Nick, who gets new accounts all the time...

Let's just suppose that Brian was Joe Schmo.  Joe is quickly becoming a very good strawberry farmer, and without any proper training.  His father Mac was a strawberry farmer but Joe could already grow better than Mac, and the old guy didn't like it, but Joe was providing a good living for the family, so he helped to sell Joe's berries.  And Joe has a young bride named Betty. And Joe has a buddy that has been watching Joe, and he has learned enough about Joe's strawberries to be able to market them effectively, and he is Nick.  

Nick goes out and sells the strawberries, all over the place, doing the grunt work in the grocery stores, and farmers' markets, with some other guys, doing the public relations, bringing sample platters of Joe's strawberries with champagne on the side, to hotels, and conventions. Business is good for Joe, but he knows that his strawberries can be better, so he keeps working on growing a finer product.

Joe has a friend named Johnny, a well-connected guy in big-time agribusiness, who knows that Joe can grow even better strawberries.  So Johnny gives Joe some fine books about agriculture in order to help Joe.  After Joe reads the books, he asks Johnny about a very potent fertilizer, which Joe believes will help him.  Johnny at first refuses, as the fertilizer is very strong, and can damage crops if used incorrectly.  Jow is relentless and tells Johnny that he will find his own fertilizer.  Finally Johnny gives in, and guides Joe through the first use of the fertilizer.  Old Mac, Betty, and Nick do not want Joe to use the fertilizer, because they are afraid that the strawberries will be too different to the ones that they have been selling.  But Joes strawberries just got better and better, so much so that Nick didn't know how to sell these new strawberries.  So Nick, Mac and Betty tried to force Joe into growing the old strawberries again, which were very good, but not as fine as the new ones.  Eventually Joe grew tired of the arguing, so he stopped growing strawberries and let Nick grow his own strawberries...
And, we all have a different perspective...

Except Joe could never stop growing strawberries, as it was akin to breathing, for Joe, and he could not live without breathing. And that is notwithstanding Nick cultivating another patch of strawberries or continuing on with the original (like KFC) crop.

But I guess my point is the "divide and conquer" thing, (with a sort of premeditation) undermining a family business and a very young bride, and whether it is contentious or not, and whether there is a sort of "substituted judgment" for the family who is in the crosshairs. When I boil it down, it is what I see. 

One thing that always stayed with me from teaching a long time, often with foster kids in my classes who were in "a less than desirable" family situation, is that when reunited for visits, clung to that biological parent/sibling, because it is still such a strong bond.  And some social worker does not always "know best" as to what is right or wrong...

Who deliberately breaks up a family? Who does that?
Gregg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: January 30, 2015, 08:33:44 AM »

And again I think you are placing too much responsibility/blame on Lorren. He didn't force Brian to take LSD just as he didn't break up Brian's marriage. Brian made his own choices. Brian and Marilyn stayed together a LONG time after Daro was out of the picture. I believe they finally divorced in 1979 and I think it's safe to say a lot had transpired in those 15 or so years of marriage, most of it without Lorren Daro in the picture.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 30, 2015, 08:36:43 AM »

And again I think you are placing too much responsibility/blame on Lorren. He didn't force Brian to take LSD just as he didn't break up Brian's marriage. Brian made his own choices. Brian and Marilyn stayed together a LONG time after Daro was out of the picture. I believe they finally divorced in 1979 and I think it's safe to say a lot had transpired in those 15 or so years of marriage, most of it without Lorren Daro in the picture.

Which makes Lorren full of sh*t to claim he was instrumental in their breakup and people were right to call him on it.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 30, 2015, 08:38:26 AM »

Let's just suppose that Brian was Joe Schmo.  Joe is quickly becoming a very good strawberry farmer, and without any proper training.  His father Mac was a strawberry farmer but Joe could already grow better than Mac, and the old guy didn't like it.  But Joe was providing a good living for the family, so Mac helped to sell Joe's berries.  And Joe has a young bride named Betty. And Joe has a buddy that has been watching Joe, and he has learned enough about Joe's strawberries to be able to market them effectively, and he is Nick.  

Perfect.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 30, 2015, 08:39:40 AM »

Gregg - you may be correct. But, the individual has more than enthusiastically taken responsibilty.

We are merely reading what he wrote.  
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 30, 2015, 08:42:34 AM »

One thing that always stayed with me from teaching a long time, often with foster kids in my classes who were in "a less than desirable" family situation, is that when reunited for visits, clung to that biological parent/sibling, because it is still such a strong bond.  And some social worker does not always "know best" as to what is right or wrong...

And remember Carnie and Wendy were not yet born when Lorren was still around.
Gregg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 30, 2015, 09:13:17 AM »

Gregg - you may be correct. But, the individual has more than enthusiastically taken responsibilty.

Really? I must have missed that part.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 30, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »

I never blamed Lorren and his crew for putting Brian on the path to drug problems before he posted here and I still don't. Same as I don't blame the bartender who gave Dennis his first beer or the 7/11 guy who sold Carl his first pack of smokes. I held no opinion on the guy one way or another. However, since he posted here I've seen plenty of reasons to dislike the guy.

MURRY - OK Murry was an abusive dick, so Lorren gets a pass here.
MIKE - Oh heavens above, so Mike didn't agree with every creative whim that popped out of Brian's head, so what? NEWSFLASH LORREN! He was in the band with Brian, not you. Right or wrong, he was entitled to give his views on material presented. This may make him a pain in the ass but it does not make him Satan. Ultimately, Mike went along with just about every idea Brian had, singing take after take to Brian's satisfaction. Maybe if you hadn't found watching people working on songs 'boring' you might have noticed.
MARILYN - Your comments on her were just disgusting. I don't care if she was a total bitch to you back in the day, she stuck with Brian long after the party was over and had to try pick up the pieces. You on the other hand, f***ed off the second Brian stopped being fun to hang around with. I asked before if you knew the term 'fairweather friend'? Silly me! Of course you do, it's a phrase used in I Just Wasn't Made For These Times, the song Brian 'wrote' about you.  Roll Eyes
DENNIS & CARL - "Both kinda stupid" you said. They were both still in their teens! Forgive them for not jerking off to the works of Arthur Koestler between vocal takes, you pretentious old windbag.
ON YOUR OWN LAUGHABLY SELF IMPORTANT VIEW OF YOUR PLACE IN BB HISTORY - You seem to think that if not for you giving Brian his first trip and turning him 'hip' Brian would have never grown to be the artist he did. Brian's music had been growing more and more sophisticated from the Sufer Girl album onwards. Listen to All Summer Long, Today! or his work with other artists from 1963-64. Other than sharing a mutual friend of Tony Asher, you did jack for his creativity.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #667 on: January 30, 2015, 09:43:51 AM »

Thank you MB...well said.

Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 30, 2015, 09:47:06 AM »

WOOO
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM by Mr. Cohen » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #669 on: January 30, 2015, 09:48:58 AM »

Forgive them for not jerking off to the works of Arthur Koestler between vocal takes, you pretentious old windbag.

LOL  LOL  That's one of the funnier things I've read

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 30, 2015, 09:56:03 AM »

Forgive them for not jerking off to the works of Arthur Koestler between vocal takes, you pretentious old windbag.

LOL  LOL  That's one of the funnier things I've read
Jackpot MB!   Beer

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #671 on: January 30, 2015, 10:01:41 AM »

Not sure that I agree with all of it...but certainly some of it.  Van Dyke as well as Tony right?  Mike may have done more than just present his 'take' on things.   It is certainly an opinion Mr Beard.  I'm not having any difficulty guessing where you stand.  LOL
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:04:43 AM by Add Some » Logged

Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #672 on: January 30, 2015, 10:16:30 AM »

Exactly. He considered it a point of pride. You guys making excuses for him would be singing a different tune if that was your parents marriage or your own that someone else bragged about sabotaging. And to argue "yeah, but he didn't actually sabotage it" is missing the point. Daro considers it his doing and is proud of that. That's all that matters.

Funny how he claimed to be clearing his name when all he did was make himself look demonstrably worse than any of us would have ever thought otherwise.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #673 on: January 30, 2015, 10:20:50 AM »

I never blamed Lorren and his crew for putting Brian on the path to drug problems before he posted here and I still don't. Same as I don't blame the bartender who gave Dennis his first beer or the 7/11 guy who sold Carl his first pack of smokes. I held no opinion on the guy one way or another. However, since he posted here I've seen plenty of reasons to dislike the guy.

MURRY - OK Murry was an abusive dick, so Lorren gets a pass here.
MIKE - Oh heavens above, so Mike didn't agree with every creative whim that popped out of Brian's head, so what? NEWSFLASH LORREN! He was in the band with Brian, not you. Right or wrong, he was entitled to give his views on material presented. This may make him a pain in the ass but it does not make him Satan. Ultimately, Mike went along with just about every idea Brian had, singing take after take to Brian's satisfaction. Maybe if you hadn't found watching people working on songs 'boring' you might have noticed.
MARILYN - Your comments on her were just disgusting. I don't care if she was a total bitch to you back in the day, she stuck with Brian long after the party was over and had to try pick up the pieces. You on the other hand, f***ed off the second Brian stopped being fun to hang around with. I asked before if you knew the term 'fairweather friend'? Silly me! Of course you do, it's a phrase used in I Just Wasn't Made For These Times, the song Brian 'wrote' about you.  Roll Eyes
DENNIS & CARL - "Both kinda stupid" you said. They were both still in their teens! Forgive them for not jerking off to the works of Arthur Koestler between vocal takes, you pretentious old windbag.
ON YOUR OWN LAUGHABLY SELF IMPORTANT VIEW OF YOUR PLACE IN BB HISTORY - You seem to think that if not for you giving Brian his first trip and turning him 'hip' Brian would have never grown to be the artist he did. Brian's music had been growing more and more sophisticated from the Sufer Girl album onwards. Listen to All Summer Long, Today! or his work with other artists from 1963-64. Other than sharing a mutual friend of Tony Asher, you did jack for his creativity.

Rock!

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
rattfink
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 30, 2015, 10:41:12 AM »

In the end, if I were hypothetically an invited "Honored guest" (or an already established one being asked to return) to the SS forum, I certainly would think twice about accepting such invite.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx