gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:44:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kanye fans don't know who Paul McCartney is?  (Read 4880 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2015, 05:01:58 PM »

Sir Paul and Kanye just released a song together and ever since the fans of Kanye have been Tweeting about how Kanye is working with an unknown and that he's going to make Paul famous...lol... I feel bad for the younger generation if this is the state of the world where people don't know who some one who is a musical Genius like Paul McCartney is.

http://columbus.suntimes.com/national-entertainment/7/72/414882/kanye-beatles-paul-mccartney-famous/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,19515.0.html

:D

(That one was more geared towards ranting about the youth of today, though)

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:15:42 PM »

I feel bad for the younger generation if this is the state of the world where people don't know who some one who is a musical Genius like Paul McCartney is.

I'm sure the younger generation is very appreciative of your concern.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:16:45 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 06:43:41 PM »

Thankfully, that's more of an exception, as it seems like it's cool and trendy to be into music from previous generations these days.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 10:15:06 PM »

Oh well.

If it helps, I don't know jack about Kanye other than I think he sells headphones and got up some lady's nose by pressing all the buttons in a the hotel elevator.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
bluesno1fann
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 12:23:26 AM »

Me and my mates were disgusted by these comments. Hope these brain-dead Kanye fans aren't representative of my generation...
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 01:58:13 AM »

I think they're just trying to act smartass or trolling. I really can't believe they haven't heard of McCa or at least tried to google him before tweeting.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 05:33:11 AM »

I think they're just trying to act smartass or trolling. I really can't believe they haven't heard of McCa or at least tried to google him before tweeting.

THAT is probably exactly the case.  I mean anyone ON THIS PLANET who hasn't heard of Paul McCartney...and the fact that prior to his KNIGHTED solo career he was a very key ingredient , as the sax player, in the oh-so popular Dave Clark 5, is just not playing with a full deck.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 05:35:08 AM »

Who cares? How many Beatles fans in the 60s knew Max Roach or Bud Powell? There is no reason young, hip-hop loving kids should be expected to know Paul's name. 

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 05:51:10 AM »

When I was in my teens, I knew who the Beatles were, but hell if I knew individual names of the band-members (perhaps besides John Lennon)...and I was raised in a home that loved this type of music. Now place yourself in the shoes of a teenager (in the year 2015) who listens to nothing but rap/top-40....do you really expect them to know who Paul McCartney is? They don't read MOJO, they're probably not flipping through issues of Rolling Stone, and they're not tuning into PBS for the latest 'Performance At The White House' episode. It is indeed possible (and not very surprising) that a few kids on Twitter don't know who Sir Paul is.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 08:53:41 AM »

[quote author=BAm
snap crackle pop
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:18:00 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 09:06:15 AM »

I really don't give a sh*t if these people don't know Paul. Maybe a few people will be turned on to his music from this collab, and that's great for them, but I'm going to enjoy The Beatles regardless of what other people like. I feel the same way about polls. The Beach Boys losing to Madonna on "best summer song" or whatever isn't gonna make me think any differently about "surfin USA" being an amazing summer track. You see the same shitty comments by kids bitching about their generation's music on every youtube video and probably every music forum dedicated to an older band. "I'M 13 ADN THIS IS REAL MUSIC TO ME, MY GENERATION IS COLLECTIVELY SUCH A THROBING PENIS CUZ THEY LIKE DIFFERENT MUSIX 2 ME"

Pet Sounds is the best album ever made, to me. If the music really means something to you deeply, in a way that when you listen to the music you can feel thoughts and feelings stirring around inside of you in a way only music can make you feel, why care about what some high school student on the internet thinks about it

Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 08:59:19 PM »

I've heard of Kanye but I barely know of any current artists.  I'm sure they are not offended.

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 06:48:30 PM »

I really don't give a sh*t if these people don't know Paul. Maybe a few people will be turned on to his music from this collab, and that's great for them, but I'm going to enjoy The Beatles regardless of what other people like. I feel the same way about polls. The Beach Boys losing to Madonna on "best summer song" or whatever isn't gonna make me think any differently about "surfin USA" being an amazing summer track. You see the same shitty comments by kids bitching about their generation's music on every youtube video and probably every music forum dedicated to an older band. "I'M 13 ADN THIS IS REAL MUSIC TO ME, MY GENERATION IS COLLECTIVELY SUCH A THROBING PENIS CUZ THEY LIKE DIFFERENT MUSIX 2 ME"

Pet Sounds is the best album ever made, to me. If the music really means something to you deeply, in a way that when you listen to the music you can feel thoughts and feelings stirring around inside of you in a way only music can make you feel, why care about what some high school student on the internet thinks about it

Have to say, very well said!
Mr. French
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 07:21:38 AM »

Interesting to consider that in say 1965, just about every young Beatles fan probably knew who Bing Crosby was. In 25 years how many young music fans will know Kanye West?
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 09:01:07 AM »

In 25 years how many young music fans will know Kanye West?

Some will--the guy has been hugely successful on both a critical and commercial level, after all--and some won't. The ones who remember him will loudly and self-righteously despair (to their elders who were "there at the time") at the abhorrent state of the world that some of their peers don't. The world will be going to hell! Oh, the horror. "Kids today," they'll say...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 09:08:08 AM »

Some will--the guy has been hugely successful on both a critical and commercial level, after all--and some won't. The ones who remember him will loudly and self-righteously despair (to their elders who were "there at the time") at the abhorrent state of the world that some of their peers don't. The world will be going to hell! Oh, the horror. "Kids today," they'll say...

Wonderful.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 04:55:24 PM »

Yeah, but they'll be wrong about it.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 05:00:36 PM »

And it won't matter then any more than its equivalent does now (which is zero, which I hear runners dial).

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 05:12:13 PM »

And it won't matter then any more than its equivalent does now (which is zero, which I hear runners dial).

Do we? We do.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 08:48:25 PM »

I never heard of Kayne until it was reported that his fans didn't know who McCartney is. I still don't know what he looks like. Kayne is a guy, right? I could google it I suppose, but I kinda like not knowing who or what Kayne is.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 09:02:22 PM »

I never heard of Kayne until it was reported that his fans didn't know who McCartney is. I still don't know what he looks like. Kayne is a guy, right? I could google it I suppose, but I kinda like not knowing who or what Kayne is.

A rapper, songwriter, and producer who, in the past decade (and according to Wikipedia, anyway), had six of his seven studio albums peak at #1 on the charts. (The seventh, at #2. That's the pop charts. All seven reached #1 on the R&B chart. Five of them reached #1 on the rap chart.) You not knowing him is about as important as his fans not knowing McCartney, I'd say, which is to say not remotely.

Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 02:44:20 PM »

A rapper, songwriter, and producer who, in the past decade (and according to Wikipedia, anyway), had six of his seven studio albums peak at #1 on the charts. (The seventh, at #2. That's the pop charts. All seven reached #1 on the R&B chart. Five of them reached #1 on the rap chart.) You not knowing him is about as important as his fans not knowing McCartney, I'd say, which is to say not remotely.

Yeah I guess so. Darn, just when I wanted to feel important for once...jk.  angel
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx