gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:44:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We Got Love" studio version finally getting official release!  (Read 22240 times)
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 10:44:41 AM »

If only Analogue Productions would issue Surfs Up with WIBNTLA, we'd have world peace!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 10:51:18 AM »

So according to the track list, the bonus track is "We Got Lot." I put that in the same category as the Caribou CD listing Mike Love in the credits of one song and then adding "Additional lyrics by Mike Love." Smiley

And for the Pet Sounds DVD (Huh) they list a "Bonus Tack," which itself is LISTED as a track! (track #14 = 'Bonus Tack,' track #15 = "Hang On To Your Ego")

Either nobody effing proofreads this stuff, or they're actually a...pretty shady outfit...or both.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:54:20 AM by 37!ws » Logged

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »

While I realize that including "We Got Love", a song that has technically been "released" already, is far different from including a trove of outtakes, it's a bummer they couldn't try to expand these SACD reissues with more bonus tracks. Especially since this could theoretically be the last huge push for the catalog in terms of physical media.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 10:55:33 AM »

Early test pressings of Holland, made in the US and in the UK, feature the album in its original group-intended running order. Side one kicks off with "Steamboat", then the three-part Saga, followed by "We Got Love". The German distributor for Reprise records failed to implement the changed side-one line up correctly and mistakenly pressed 300-400 copies with the earlier running order. Early French and Canadian pressings of Holland still mention "We Got Love" on the sleeve, although the song is not on those albums.

Good synopsis, with this caveat: ALL French and Canadian copies mention WGL. Unless you have one that proves the opposite ( I've never seen either w/o it)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 11:02:59 AM »

It's so Beach Boys to leave it off though, I guess. I still can't imagine Brian insisting on putting all those half-baked covers on 15 Big Ones, and the rest of the group knows he's sitting on "Good Timin'", "California Feelin'", and the heralded "Just An Imitation". Or that instead of doing weird covers of oldies, he could've done weird covers of songs he'd never released, like "We're Together Again" or "Where Is She?". The arguments they must've had...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:05:30 AM by Mr. Cohen » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »

"We Got Love"
 Time 6:32
 Blondie Chaplin/Ricky Fataar/Mike Love

6:32? The album version wasn't that long, was it?

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »

I must admit I'm a sucker for alternate track listings. I prefer the European sunflower with cottonfields tacked on the front, so this version of Holland sounds great. I just hope they are including We Got Love on the LP - not just the SACD.
Holland vinyl edition will include a bonus "12 vinyl containing Mount Vernon & Fairway tracks and WGL - details over on the 14 albums coming to thread.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »

"We Got Love"
 Time 6:32
 Blondie Chaplin/Ricky Fataar/Mike Love

6:32? The album version wasn't that long, was it?

6:32 is the live version I think, not the studio version.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 02:45:49 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 02:45:25 PM »

We Got Love instead of Only With You.

So Cassius Love vs. Sonny Wilson, Our favorite recording sessions, bull session with big daddy, I'm bugged at my ole man are included on albums but We Got Love gets excluded.. Makes sense.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »

I don't think they even included a booklet with Holland.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »

Early test pressings of Holland, made in the US and in the UK, feature the album in its original group-intended running order. Side one kicks off with "Steamboat", then the three-part Saga, followed by "We Got Love". The German distributor for Reprise records failed to implement the changed side-one line up correctly and mistakenly pressed 300-400 copies with the earlier running order. Early French and Canadian pressings of Holland still mention "We Got Love" on the sleeve, although the song is not on those albums.

Good synopsis, with this caveat: ALL French and Canadian copies mention WGL. Unless you have one that proves the opposite ( I've never seen either w/o it)

Yup, sometimes Wikipedia is right on the money.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2014, 04:17:34 PM »

And sometimes they're not.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2014, 04:23:23 PM »

Gotta say, I prefer the live version of WGL over the studio version any day. Love Wonderbill over Don't Worry Bill too.

I don't regard WGL as a Holland track; Holland's a fantastic album as it was eventually presented.

“We live in divisive times.”
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2014, 05:34:10 PM »

If only "Carry Me Home" was to be included as well......
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2014, 06:40:02 PM »

Woulda been great. However, I have to admit that I'm floored that even "We Got Love" is appearing. To be honest, I figured that this was amongst the least likely songs for the guys to ever (re?) release, seeing as there is probably nobody within BRI pushing for Blondie/Ricky material to be released. Although Mike did co-write it, I still assume it was never very high on anybody's priority list. I'm assuming that this is getting a green light just because it's been semi-released before.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:41:28 PM by sweetdudejim » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »

Woulda been great. However, I have to admit that I'm floored that even "We Got Love" is appearing. To be honest, I figured that this was amongst the least likely songs for the guys to ever (re?) release, seeing as there is probably nobody within BRI pushing for Blondie/Ricky material to be released. Although Mike did co-write it, I still assume it was never very high on anybody's priority list. I'm assuming that this is getting a green light just because it's been semi-released before.
Or maybe due to Brian's renewed relationship with Blondie last year and now Ricky. Who knows, but good to see it added to the new Holland release. I preordered my copy this afternoon.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2014, 11:12:07 AM »

studio version clocks 5:05

Watson, did you hear this?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2014, 11:38:16 AM »

So whats the story on this version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MRSHpYKFfE

Pretty good for an 'out take'.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:42:01 AM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »

studio version clocks 5:05

So 5 minutes 5 seconds. Kinda long, but........and they put The Beaks Of Eagles spoken word on there and let this one go.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »

A fantastic song.

Nice find, op, I'm buying.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2014, 06:49:06 PM »

This is absolutely awesome news! Now just have to wait for the official releases on Hard Times and Carry Me Home...
bsten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »

//Update: two threads merged by admin, so the next 7-8 posts may look funny...

Great news indeed!! Here are links:

http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=detail&Title_ID=95597

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,16766.0.html
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:53:49 AM by bsten » Logged
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2015, 02:01:47 PM »

'bout Gosh Darn time "We Got Love" saw a CD/digital release. I don't love the song or anything, but jeez, how has it taken this long? Noice ^_^
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:03:40 PM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2015, 02:06:36 PM »

This is great news, not just for those who want to have the song in a convenient (and appropriate) context, but as a signal that Beach Boys management is continuing to recognize the value of bringing more and more material from the vaults to the fans. Bravo!
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2015, 02:08:38 PM »

I do love that song and it is about time.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx