gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 02:06:17 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: George Fest 28 Sep - Brian Wilson performing  (Read 4257 times)
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:53:33 AM »

BW will perform during George Fest at El Rey Theatre celebrating the re-release of George Harrisons 6 Apple Records' albums.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:24:24 AM »

http://www.theelrey.com/events/detail/253781
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 11:57:31 AM »

Do you think he will perform "Pisces Brothers"? Grin
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 12:05:36 PM »

No, he'd rewite it as "Pisces Cousins"

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »

BW will perform during George Fest at El Rey Theatre celebrating the re-release of George Harrisons 6 Apple Records' albums.

Um...Does the re-release include "Electronic Sound"?

Or was that on Crapple Records?  Smokin

And what will Brian be performing -- is this one of those things where they pay tribute to the deceased by performing their songs? i.e. is everyone gonna do a George track from one of those re-released LPs

Apple should reissue the Mary Hopkin LPs.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 11:43:33 AM »

Okay I will answer my own question, yes ES is part of the set as is "Wonderwall Music". 

Actually, All Things Must Pass is the only CD I am interested in  - thats a great album!

What GH songs would you like Brian to perform?

I would choose I Dig Love & Isn't It A Pity

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 12:03:11 PM »

I'd love to hear Brian do "What is Life," it is after all probably the most Spector-influenced song in Harrison's catalogue.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 12:51:30 PM »

Brian would kick all sorts of ass on My Sweet Lord.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 10:58:17 AM »

I'd love to hear Brian do "What is Life," it is after all probably the most Spector-influenced song in Harrison's catalogue.

That was my third choice! Maybe this will get recorded and released should be interesting

Necessity knows no law
shadownoze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 12:39:53 PM »

I remember Brian singing a bit of "Give Me Love" during an interview from...the late 70s, maybe? He said that he liked that song a lot, so it would be a likely candidate for him to cover.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 06:11:22 PM »

Word has it Brian and a subset of his band will do My Sweet Lord

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 07:31:23 PM »

Sweeeeeeeeeeet

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 11:45:10 PM »

Wait a minute ... wait a minute ... wait a minute!  Why wasn't Mike Love invited to perform?

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 11:55:04 PM »

Wait a minute ... wait a minute ... wait a minute!  Why wasn't Mike Love invited to perform?

You can bet it's got to burn Mike up that he made a big thing of his song about George, and Brian gets invited to perform. I hadn't heard about Brian's fondness for George Harrison in particular (more of a love for The Beatles in general), whereas Mike went the extra mile to show his apparent connection to George specifically, and in particular - recently. Maybe Mike wouldn't admit it, but that's got to bruise the ego a bit.

This crazy band...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:56:39 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 11:59:18 PM »

They already did the Concert For George over 10 years ago. Don't think they can improve on that lineup. The only close friend of George's missing from that show was Uncle Bob.
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2015, 09:14:53 AM »

They’re releasing “George Fest” on CD, DVD and Blu-ray it looks like. It includes Brian’s performance of “My Sweet Lord.” http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01958Y46I/

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2015, 09:27:07 AM »

Cripes… the product flow just never eases these days…

“We live in divisive times.”
KDS
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2015, 09:47:08 AM »

They’re releasing “George Fest” on CD, DVD and Blu-ray it looks like. It includes Brian’s performance of “My Sweet Lord.” http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01958Y46I/

I hope Brian's version of My Sweet Lord is available to download.  I'm a little underwhelmed by the majority of the artists on the bill. 

Like an earlier post said, the Concert for George from 2002 will be hard to beat. 
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2015, 09:57:10 AM »

I hope Brian's version of My Sweet Lord is available to download.  I'm a little underwhelmed by the majority of the artists on the bill. 

Like an earlier post said, the Concert for George from 2002 will be hard to beat. 

I'd hope it's overdubbed a bit. IIRC, Brian had some difficulty recalling all of the lyrics.

And sure, the Concert for George is hard to beat, but this is an entirely different animal.
KDS
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 10:02:10 AM »

I'd hope it's overdubbed a bit. IIRC, Brian had some difficulty recalling all of the lyrics.

And sure, the Concert for George is hard to beat, but this is an entirely different animal.

This is true. 

But, no disrespect to anybody who might like their music, I really have no desire to hear The Flaming Lips wreck another song I like. 

I'd be interested to hear some of the tracks with Dhani Harrison and Ann Wilson though. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 10:25:34 AM »

I don't think there's any way this can compare (or should be compared) to the "Concert for George." Very different concepts, indeed.

I'm curious what the footage looks like. The pro-shot YouTube stuff I've seen still seems kind of amateur and cramped.

I'd say this is really probably only for Brian/BB completists. As Wirestone mentioned, it wasn't Brian's most polished performance. Al kinda just stands there and tries to be involved. Certainly interesting to hear Brian cover such a song though.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx