gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:45:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Love and Mercy - News and Reviews - First clip is out.  (Read 508229 times)
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #1950 on: February 11, 2016, 04:30:01 AM »

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Love-and-Mercy-Blu-ray/144547/ Japanese Blu ray was released last month

Also, you can buy the 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood that was used in the film for $24,500. http://classiccarslist.com/cadillac/155076-1986-cadillac-fleetwood-beach-boys-brian-wilson-movie-car-aaca-winner-1st-place.html http://www.pmautos.com/auto/?auto=1986-cadillac-fleetwood-

The movie starts out in 1986 with Brian Wilson walking into a Cadillac Dealer in Los Angeles. He wanted to buy a Cadillac and Elizabeth Banks who plays Melinda Ledbetter meets him in the showroom they discuss the car and the first 9 minutes of the movie takes place in this Very Cadillac.

It is a true story of How the Beach Boys Brian Wilson actually met his second wife Melinda Ledbetter she was an actual Cadillac saleswoman in Los Angeles in 1986. This vehicle was used in the movie to depict the first encounter.

The car Brian Wilson actually bought was a Brougham. The movie company for Love and Mercy sent out emails and went on a long search to find just the right car which they did; they had the Brougham to be used. Upon arriving in Los Angeles for shooting this 1986 Fleetwood was to be a back drop vehicle. Brian Wilson personally hand-picked the car and changed the script to accommodate this vehicle to be used instead of a Brougham because it best suited his memory of that actual day.

John Cusack playing the role of Brian Wilson with Elizabeth Banks playing the role of Melinda acted out the scene to perfection. Brian was so captivated with the car and his memory of his first meeting with his wife shortly after the scene was completed he asked the current owner of this Cadillac if the car was for sale and if he could buy it as a gift for Melinda. Although the car brought back fond memories, understandably she was not excited about having a 1986 Cadillac in 2015. Brian regrettably told our client he would not be buying the vehicle.

After the final scene of shooting we drove the car around the building and parked it right behind the Flatbed to take it back to San Diego the car was then sent back home where it was unloaded back into our showroom where it sat, nobody has driven the car since John Cusack, o one has sat in the passengers seat since Elizabeth Banks and The car still smells like the perfume Elizabeth Banks was wearing that day.

The vehicle is in exceptional condition it has but only 72,000 original miles with original Paint Original Vinyl Top, original Chrome and original leather interior and carpeting. All components and accessories including Air-conditioning are in good working order. This beautiful Cadillac has been a California car its whole life Garage kept and currently owned by a member of the Cadillac club of San Diego. The vehicle was shown and judged by the AACA for a Cadillac event and was awarded a National First Prize in 2013.

"It looks like I'm going to have to go bananas all by myself." -B.W.

"Dr. Landy and Brian Wilson are right out of a storybook." -Brian Wilson

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"Brian is an enigma, a leprechaun," said rhythm guitarist Al Jardine.

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
Sandy Baby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: February 12, 2016, 01:15:46 PM »

In case this hasn't been posted -- an October 27, 2015 interview with Elizabeth Banks:
http://www.maximumfun.org/bullseye/bullseye-jesse-thorn-elvis-costello-elizabeth-banks
 Smiley

Listen, listen, listen...
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: February 17, 2016, 01:47:50 PM »

My parents, casual Beach Boys fans at best, watched my blu-ray last night.  They are 62 and 60 and don't go for anything the least bit unusual or non-commercial.

They LOVED it.  They couldn't stop talking about it.  Now they want to go with us to see Brian in Detroit in September..  That's something else if you knew them!
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: June 03, 2016, 05:30:45 PM »

Love & Mercy will be available to watch on Hulu and Amazon Prime Video starting tomorrow (6/4).

No doubt there will be some new Brian Wilson/Beach Boys fans in the coming months Smiley

Every wave is new until it breaks.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: June 03, 2016, 06:16:36 PM »

Love & Mercy will be available to watch on Hulu and Amazon Prime Video starting tomorrow (6/4).

No doubt there will be some new Brian Wilson/Beach Boys fans in the coming months Smiley

It's pretty clear that the film has had that effect, isn't it?  Good for Brian, and again Mike gains the benefit.  How nice for both of them.
Occasional grilled cheese
Smiley Smile Associate

Quickly Duncan, the strengths!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1955 on: February 09, 2021, 08:41:06 AM »

I am surprised that it is only at one theater in the whole Philly metro area. Close to an hour away by car from where I live. I thought it would have a bigger release than this? Hopefully, it shows up at a few more places with tomorrow's listings.

Hmmm....   I don't know much about the Philly area, but I just googled these listings for Friday:  

Landmark Theatres--  Standard 1:00pm  3:40  7:00  9:40

Carmike Ritz 16 -Standard  10:15am  1:15pm  4:30  7:30  10:35  

Regal Cinemas Downingtown 16 & IMAX --   Standard   11:05am
  1:30pm   4:20  7:10  10:00

Montgomery Cinemas -    Standard  1:50pm   4:30  7:10   9:50

ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks - Standard  1:00pm  4:00  7:00  8:00

Fandango has five  listings:   http://www.fandango.com/love26mercy_181116/movietimes?location=Philadelphia,%20PA

Never been one to go to midnight screenings but sure was nice to wake up on my random day off in Downingtown and decide to catch a movie in the morning for the first time. Not sure I even realized it was the release date at the time.

Try Q-Z-2-U-H
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx