gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 07:24:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 79 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Love and Mercy - News and Reviews - First clip is out.  (Read 510428 times)
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: September 13, 2014, 04:27:36 PM »

OK - so I have a reason to post again in case this isn't up from IMDB Pro...I just don't go where the BBs legal or financial issues are concerned...I've had one subpoena in my hand by just being "nearby" for a period of time.  I don't want another.  You guys have at it if you want, but I post under my real name.  I know NOTHING about the BBs business inner-workings, just as I like it, and just as Brian told me many years ago that he wanted it.  BTW - I do look at this Board occasionally and some of you guys are so funny you've had me doubled over laughing with tears rolling down my cheeks, more than once.  Keep that stuff up, please!  It often makes my day and who knows?...maybe other people who matter a hell of a lot more.

Full Credits:

https://pro-labs.imdb.com/title/tt0903657/filmmakers

I pay for the Pro version because I'm obsessive about details (as clearly many of you are).  Very, very impressive.  With the dignity the man's story deserves.

Debbie - you're great!  Thanks for posting.

As Sweet Dude Jim said, if ever you are willing and/or able to share any of your experiences...I'm just a simple boy from Australia, where aspects of the BB's tour there every 3-5 years or so. While I've been able to read "being there" stories in the various books, I always get a kick of seeing long term (and new) fans and associates bringing something here; it's a great oppotunity to connect with the vast ocean of appreciators who hold the Beach Boys history and music dear.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 13, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »

Second bad review added in Rotten Tomatoes  Sad

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/love_and_mercy/

I really don't get the point of this critic...

http://moviemezzanine.com/tiff-dispatch-2-love-mercy-eden-and-tokyo-tribe/

It's not even proper review, more like a blurb written on some blog.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
beacharg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 13, 2014, 04:43:37 PM »

Second bad review added in Rotten Tomatoes  Sad

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/love_and_mercy/

I really don't get the point of this critic...

http://moviemezzanine.com/tiff-dispatch-2-love-mercy-eden-and-tokyo-tribe/

It's not even proper review, more like a blurb written on some blog.

Yeah, that's what I thought! but sadly it's on Rotten Tomatoes, so it's considered a genuine review...

I can't wait to see this movie. 2015?! really?!  Shocked
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 13, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »

These people look nothing alike.

And neither do these dudes. What's the deal? Totally ruins the immersion
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 13, 2014, 09:13:31 PM »

I have heard an Australian release date of 26th December 2014. Can anyone confirm?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
beacharg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 13, 2014, 09:26:04 PM »

From IMDB:

Release Dates

Canada   7 September 2014   (Toronto International Film Festival)
Australia   26 December 2014   
New Zealand   26 December 2014   
Portugal   15 January 2015

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903657/releaseinfo
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 13, 2014, 11:30:24 PM »

I suspect those Dec 26 dates mean nothing. In NZ and Australia it is the peak summer holiday travel period and the thought of going to the movies has zero appeal. The equivalent of going on the 4th of July for our US friends.

Not recommended if it is being considered IMO.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 13, 2014, 11:34:50 PM »

Well, there's this:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/brian-wilson-mike-love-biopic
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 13, 2014, 11:59:35 PM »

I suspect those Dec 26 dates mean nothing. In NZ and Australia it is the peak summer holiday travel period and the thought of going to the movies has zero appeal. The equivalent of going on the 4th of July for our US friends.

Sorry but that is wrong. The boxing day movie releases are historically the biggest movies of the year. And films have been getting world wide release dates.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 14, 2014, 12:16:08 AM »

An aside: have just visited the Bloo for the first time in ages, to find a thread entitled:

"Some of the whackadoodles and so-called experts at the Smiley Smile board are sure getting called out by people in the know"

LOL

“We live in divisive times.”
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 14, 2014, 01:10:51 AM »

Sorry but that is wrong. The boxing day movie releases are historically the biggest movies of the year. And films have been getting world wide release dates.

May be the case world wide but I'll be on the beach that day in NZ.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: September 14, 2014, 02:06:54 AM »

An aside: have just visited the Bloo for the first time in ages, to find a thread entitled:

"Some of the whackadoodles and so-called experts at the Smiley Smile board are sure getting called out by people in the know"

LOL

The irony of someone from The Bloo posting that I no longer have any credibility is as delicious as it is warranted. As my father used to say, "it's enough to make a cat laugh".  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 14, 2014, 03:39:15 AM »

We're having a lot of irony suddenly. Ironic that someone who feels that 'the Bloo' has no credibility continues to post on it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:44:26 AM by Ang Jones » Logged
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 14, 2014, 04:35:20 AM »

May be the case world wide but I'll be on the beach that day in NZ.

biggest movie day of the year in Oz.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 14, 2014, 04:45:30 AM »

Really?

I obviously just don't get or fit into the movie demographic nowadays. Public holiday, brilliant weather (I hope) and empty cities. I could think of nothing worse than being couped up indoors. Besides, haven't those Dec 26 dates been around for awhile?

edit...

It's officially opening in Australia on the 26th of November and portucal on the 15th of January. Those are the ony two release dates on imdb

Still a while away but you'd at least expect an official poster by now or some news about it entering film festivals

ok. Changed dates  now. When this was written there was no distributor I believe.  I still doubt it will be released in Australia, NZ or Portugal before the US.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:01:23 AM by Pretty Funky » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 14, 2014, 04:58:31 AM »

We're having a lot of irony suddenly. Ironic that someone who feels that 'the Bloo' has no credibility continues to post on it.

It's seen as missionary work…!

“We live in divisive times.”
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 14, 2014, 07:56:27 AM »

Andrew as a missionary. That image is going to take some time to get my head around!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 14, 2014, 09:36:05 AM »

I just wanna know who the Whackadoodles are on this board that he/she is referring to.  Cheesy

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: September 14, 2014, 11:30:19 AM »

Just so: if someone doesn't correct their mistakes and misconceptions, they'll just go on believing them. There are some good people posting on The Bloo, but there are also people who still think Mike has horns and a barbed tail as well as those who either know very little about Brian & the band or think they know far more than they actually do. It's all about the music. Despite what some may care to believe, my ego doesn't come into it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:41:15 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 14, 2014, 11:40:25 AM »

But Mike is the devil! That drawing from the 1970s proved it! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #545 on: September 14, 2014, 11:54:13 AM »

Okay. what's with the quotation marks around the word friend when describing me as a "friend" of Brian's?  I see that a Nicko1234 or Nicko12345(?) has described me this way on the Brian Wilson Board, so I'm assuming (although both are clearly pseudonyms, so who knows when anonymity is part of a post?) that you may be the same person.  Since your post was referencing my posts on this Board and I don't seem to have access to the Brian Wilson Board, I thought this would be a good place to ask.  I've seen this "friend" thing posted before, but only in reference to me, not others. I have no idea what to make of this exception in my case, but the options I can imagine are rather grim.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 14, 2014, 12:30:49 PM »

Okay. what's with the quotation marks around the word friend when describing me as a "friend" of Brian's?  I see that a Nicko1234 or Nicko12345(?) has described me this way on the Brian Wilson Board, so I'm assuming (although both are clearly pseudonyms, so who knows when anonymity is part of a post?) that you may be the same person.  Since your post was referencing my posts on this Board and I don't seem to have access to the Brian Wilson Board, I thought this would be a good place to ask.  I've seen this "friend" thing posted before, but only in reference to me, not others. I have no idea what to make of this exception in my case, but the options I can imagine are rather grim.

Hi Debbie,

I'm not sure if nicko1234 posts here. You're better off registering at the BW board and asking there but, in truth, I wouldn't get bogged down in the pettiness of other posters. Don't take it personally. Some people will snipe at anything.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Larry Franz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: September 14, 2014, 02:24:10 PM »

I've got no inside information at all, but given these early, extremely positive reviews (especially the ones in the Los Angeles Times, Variety and Hollywood Reporter), I think the movie will play for a week in Los Angeles before the end of 2014 to qualify for the Oscars, and maybe for a week in New York, and then open in the rest of the US in early 2015.

And given the special praise being given Paul Dano's performance, I think he will be nominated for Best Actor (or Best Supporting Actor, depending on his screentime). Since there can be up to 10 nominees for Best Picture, a nomination for that is also a strong possibility.

I'm guessing that the people who work and live in Southern California and vote for the Oscars (which many people do take seriously, even if most of us don't) will feel good about the story it tells and want to express their appreciation for Brian, a local boy who made good.

Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into. (It became fine later on.)
Nicko1234
« Reply #548 on: September 14, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »

I can give a very simple answer to that and I hope that you will forgive its frankness.

The reason I (and presumably other people) used the `friend` tag is simply because I have no idea whether using epiphets such as ex-girlfriend, former partner etc. would fit. Nothing more sinister than that.

Nicko1234
« Reply #549 on: September 14, 2014, 03:26:54 PM »

Hi Debbie,

I'm not sure if nicko1234 posts here. You're better off registering at the BW board and asking there but, in truth, I wouldn't get bogged down in the pettiness of other posters. Don't take it personally. Some people will snipe at anything.

Yes, I post here and no pettiness going on at all.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 79 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx