gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:29:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Male Ego Board  (Read 15231 times)
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2014, 10:11:27 PM »

This place is great, but Junkstar, if you're out there, please bring it back.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 10:34:03 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:04:33 PM by zatch » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 11:33:36 PM »

I haven't been a fan long enough to have experienced any board before this one, but what did the Male Ego board have that this doesn't? I'm guessing this uses a newer, better board platform (simply due to the advancements in web technology since then) and bringing back the old board probably won't bring anyone that used it and not SmileySmile back. So I ask: what's the point?

You think this place can get rough ? Ego was like cage fighting with chainsaws while juggling scorpions. It was also a helluva lot of fun.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 11:35:41 PM »

Were there no mods, or were they just in favor of letting the place 'moderate' itself?

Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 11:53:15 PM »

That would be comparing the NYT to the National Enquirer. That place had ALOT of traffic. A lot. Unvarnished truth that Bruce would comment on almost daily.

KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 12:00:24 AM »

There was anonymous posting, at least at one point. It was a free for all.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 12:53:33 AM »

There was anonymous posting, at least at one point. It was a free for all.

maybe Myke would get more love here if this happened? there are lots of closet myke lovers out there!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 04:16:54 AM »

Were there no mods, or were they just in favor of letting the place 'moderate' itself?

Anything went really. The only banning I recall was Karl who faked his own death. Yes...you read that correctly.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 04:21:28 AM »

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:46:37 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 04:41:00 AM »

April 1 and yes doubted by many at the time but a 'family member' posted how Karl, a regular poster, had died and gave quite a heart felt message about how much he had enjoyed the board and what it had meant to him. Really laid it on thick. Many posters offered messages, as you would, including those who had gone toe to toe with him over various topics.

About a week later he pops up "SURPRISE...April fool!"

Nobody thought it was funny.

edit. Actually Bruce himself was one of those taken in from memory.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:44:57 AM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 04:44:24 AM »

April 1 and yes doubted by many at the time but a 'family member' posted how Karl, a regular poster, had died and gave quite a heart felt message about how much he had enjoyed the board and what it had meant to him. Really laid it on thick. Many posters offered messages, as you would, including those who had gone toe to toe with him over various topics.

WTF LOL LOL LOL
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 04:46:07 AM »

See my edit. One way to p*ss off a mod.
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 06:12:16 AM »

I miss the guy who used to post as 'Mike's the Greatest'. I think he's a member here, but can't prove it.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 01:46:14 PM »

I miss the guy who used to post as 'Mike's the Greatest'. I think he's a member here, but can't prove it.

He was reincarnated as 'SIP Mike'

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 02:43:25 PM »

Oh yeah. Every thread turned pro-Mike with him. OSD would have popped a blood vessel!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 03:30:28 PM »

I remember that. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember that somebody really did die after that. Was it Karl or somebody else? The person who died never posted again after the announcement was made of their demise, and I don't think they were banned. The person never showed up on the board again through the end until Junkstar eventually pulled the plug (at the persistent insistence of a couple of Admins I use to know).
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:08:09 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 03:35:38 PM »

Who came up with the name Male Ego??  Or is it a reference to something I'm not aware of?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 03:43:34 PM »

The song I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-HmDu-4fHs

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 03:48:13 PM »

I remember that. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember that somebody really did die after that. Was it Karl or somebody else? The person who died never posted again after the announcement of their demise, and I don't think they were banned. The person never showed up on the board again through the end until Junkstar pulled the plug (at the persistent insistence of a couple of Admins I use to know).

Wasn't it Lenz? Bit of a dubious character for real I recall.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 03:53:37 PM »

I guess... seems like an odd song to use as a forum name.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 03:56:13 PM »

Male Ego is my jam. I need to find the single.

There should be a Male Ego revival tribute celebration anniversary board. Does anyone remember the way the board was well enough to replicate it, including the rules, anonymous posting and getting BJ to post there?

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 03:58:31 PM »

This showed up while I looked for the song. Brian with a few Mike moves. Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KkETZEUD_Q
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 04:03:48 PM »

I remember that. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember that somebody really did die after that. Was it Karl or somebody else? The person who died never posted again after the announcement of their demise, and I don't think they were banned. The person never showed up on the board again through the end until Junkstar pulled the plug (at the persistent insistence of a couple of Admins I use to know).

Yeah, that was it!  Michael Lenz.  Forgot how he checked out.  Heart attack or something as I recall.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 04:04:50 PM »

Compared to Smiley Smile you mean? LOL
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 04:12:30 PM »

Yeah, that was it!  Michael Lenz.  Forgot how he checked out.  Heart attack or something as I recall.

Was he the one who was arrested? I seem to remember someone with a news story and a absence from the board that coincided with a prison sentence mentioned in the story. Weird sh!t.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx