-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:34:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Who should be the new Mod (announcement imminent)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who should be the new Mod (announcement imminent)  (Read 22228 times)
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 06:45:51 PM »

Oh man, I'm so sorry to see Jason go.   Embarrassed.  I hope everything's OK.

I admired his mod-skills and respected his opinions on all those hotly contested political threads. He'll be missed!  Great American!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:47:26 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 07:01:34 PM »

AGD would be the worst moderator.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2014, 07:33:58 PM »

I just thought that nominating the people who called for Jason's head should take on his responsibilities. But yeah, you are right.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2014, 07:39:23 PM »

I just thought that nominating the people who called for Jason's head should take on his responsibilities. But yeah, you are right.

I understand what you're getting at with that idea, but it doesn't make sense  Tongue

halblaineisgood
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2014, 07:45:57 PM »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:33:57 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 08:17:15 PM »

Rest assured, whomever takes his place will be someone who would be VERY qualified, and the person whom I personally think would be the best fit has already been contacted...I'm awaiting Smile Holland's feedback and any suggestions from him before moving forward.

Not by a longshot (as I could name about three or four that would be the drizzling shits), but I haven't approached him about it for the same reason Jason chose to resign. I've always held that as a moderator, one must be above the fray and not let personal feelings affect one's ability to do their job fairly and without prejudice. Despite being on opposite sides of just about everything, both guys are rather similar, which likely explains why we get along so well.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 08:17:59 PM »

I understand what you're getting at with that idea, but it doesn't make sense  Tongue
Why doesn't it make sense? AGD is learned fellow, a Beach Boys historian. Could correct everyone's misnomers and never call you out or call you a name. Wirestone is quite saintly and very PC. He would make a great internet policeman. On a serious note though, whoever is added will need brass balls, skin thick as armor, and someone who most here will respect when the law needs to be laid down. No easy task, I'm sure.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 08:32:02 PM »

Why doesn't it make sense? AGD is learned fellow, a Beach Boys historian. Could correct everyone's misnomers and never call you out or call you a name. Wirestone is quite saintly and very PC. He would make a great internet policeman. On a serious note though, whoever is added will need brass balls, skin thick as armor, and someone who most here will respect when the law needs to be laid down. No easy task, I'm sure.

I meant that the idea of electing someone a mod based on their opinions of the last mod is not sound - not that either of them wouldn't make good mods - but I think there are better ways to go about deciding. I'd just leave it to Billy and Klaas to decide - they're the ones who have to work with the next person in that position.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 08:58:22 PM »

the person whom I personally think would be the best fit has already been contacted

Anybody wanna place some bets?
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 09:04:06 PM »

it's gotta be bgas  Grin

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »

I haven't really posted about this mess, other than taking myself out of contention for any mod-ship. But I want to make a couple of points, and then I'm not going to post about it anymore, because it distresses me.

At first, I simply asked for TRBB to apologize. My second post on the topic asked that if he truly believed his fellow board members were sociopaths, that he resign as a mod.

I did not and do not think that he truly believes that, and am frankly sad that he left. I don't think members should try to run off other members of the board, and that was not my intent. If he or anyone else thinks that was the case, I apologize. What makes this board as rewarding as it is -- and infuriating as it is -- is the incredible diversity of opinions and views. We need more of that, not less.

Folks here sometimes, I think, misunderstand my posts and general attitude. I love BW/BB music. I love talking about it with people. And I enjoy mixing it up. Yes, sometimes I get caught up in very emotional debates, but I always try very hard to separate people from the messages they post. I may be harsh in responding to the contents of a message, but I don't bear any ill will to the folks who post them. And that includes people who've said some fairly mean things to me over the years. Indeed, even though TRBB and I wrangled at various points, I rather liked him. And that goes for others here, too -- folks like Pinder and Cam and SJS, who make me gnash my teeth sometimes, but who are also smart and quick and make this board the place that it is.

The SS board has become very important to me over the years. And the board isn't separate from those who post on it -- it is the people who post on it.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2014, 09:31:12 PM »

real nice dude !  Smiley

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2014, 09:41:18 PM »

I haven't really posted about this mess, other than taking myself out of contention for any mod-ship. But I want to make a couple of points, and then I'm not going to post about it anymore, because it distresses me.

At first, I simply asked for TRBB to apologize. My second post on the topic asked that if he truly believed his fellow board members were sociopaths, that he resign as a mod.

I did not and do not think that he truly believes that, and am frankly sad that he left. I don't think members should try to run off other members of the board, and that was not my intent. If he or anyone else thinks that was the case, I apologize. What makes this board as rewarding as it is -- and infuriating as it is -- is the incredible diversity of opinions and views. We need more of that, not less.

Folks here sometimes, I think, misunderstand my posts and general attitude. I love BW/BB music. I love talking about it with people. And I enjoy mixing it up. Yes, sometimes I get caught up in very emotional debates, but I always try very hard to separate people from the messages they post. I may be harsh in responding to the contents of a message, but I don't bear any ill will to the folks who post them. And that includes people who've said some fairly mean things to me over the years. Indeed, even though TRBB and I wrangled at various points, I rather liked him. And that goes for others here, too -- folks like Pinder and Cam and SJS, who make me gnash my teeth sometimes, but who are also smart and quick and make this board the place that it is.

The SS board has become very important to me over the years. And the board isn't separate from those who post on it -- it is the people who post on it.

Well said!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 10:24:14 PM »

Sorry to see Jason go.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2014, 11:35:02 PM »

Just got back on after a very busy day, so I missed out on all the drama. So could someone fill me in on what happened?
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 11:35:57 PM »

Just got back on after a very busy day, so I missed out on all the drama. So could someone fill me in on what happened?

Jason resigned and we need a new mod, if that wasn't made clear by this entire thread   angel

bluesno1fann
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 11:37:01 PM »

Jason resigned and we need a new mod, if that wasn't made clear by this entire thread.

Well yeah, that part is obvious. I meant what happened that led to that happening
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2014, 11:42:41 PM »

Jason resigned and we need a new mod, if that wasn't made clear by this entire thread.

Well yeah, that part is obvious. I meant what happened that led to that happening

Stamosgate.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2014, 01:17:56 AM »

Well, that rules you out  Grin

My first choice would piss off too many people.

Guitarfool seems a considerate, intelligent person who, unlike some of the other 'nominees' seems lees likely to use the opportunity to ram his opinion down other people's throats or to chide you for not sharing his idea of what a good Beach Boys song is.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:49:18 AM by Smilin Ed H » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2014, 03:07:18 AM »

Seconded. I'm flattered that anyone thought that but honestly... just no. Probably end up banning myself inside a fortnight. #notajoke

To be a truly effective mod you have to be fair, even-handed and rise above person feuds and petty spats, like Billy and Klass invariably do. Not being a condescending and often intolerant arse would also be a prerequisite so that's me out of the frame.

The main point is the continued existence of this forum, and that requires more than two functioning mods.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:24:23 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2014, 04:18:13 AM »

Seconded. I'm flattered that anyone thought that but honestly... just no. Probably end up banning myself inside a fortnight. #notajoke

To be a truly effective mod you have to be fair, even-handed and rise above person feuds and petty spats, like Billy and Klass invariably do. Not being a condescending and often intolerant arse would also be a prerequisite so that's me out of the frame.

The main point is the continued existence of this forum, and that requires more than two functioning mods.
Mad props for that post, AGD.

On topic: I hope we get a capable new mod as well. But I'm sure of it.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2014, 04:24:29 AM »

Self-knowledge is a virtue    Grin

Back on-topic: I totally didn't expect this. And we really need some time to think who's going to follow him up.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2014, 06:53:13 AM »

drbeachboy

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2014, 08:22:52 AM »

I'd say Micha who's a level headed kind of guy or Pixletwin who's put a lot of effort into the Elimination Threads. I'd also nominate Pinder but fear the first thing he'd do is let OSD back in the door.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:24:52 AM by Mike's Beard » Logged

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2014, 09:10:53 AM »

I'd say Micha who's a level headed kind of guy or Pixletwin who's put a lot of effort into the Elimination Threads. I'd also nominate Pinder but fear the first thing he'd do is let OSD back in the door.

We want OSD back.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: