gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:22:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Member Check-in  (Read 6679 times)
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2014, 05:59:54 AM »

Howdy everyone!  My name is Nick and I'm a 16 year old Beach Boys fan from North Carolina.  I grew up listening to my Dad's Smiley Smile, Wild Honey, Friends, Holland, SMiLE, and Pet Sounds CDs and fell in love with the harmonies.  I've been an avid Beach Boys fan since the age of 7.  Brian and the Boys' music has really made an impact on my life.  I'm pleased to have found this forum so I can communicate with other Beach Boys enthusiasts.

My favorite albums of the Boys would probably be SMiLE, Friends, Sunflower, and obviously Pet Sounds.

I'm also a fan of Neil Young, CSN, Philip Glass, Patti Smith, Ennio Morricone, Burt Bacharach, Fleet Foxes, Sergei Prokofiev, Erik Satie, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Thelonious Monk, Bela Fleck, and The Avett Brothers.  So yes -- I do have a wide variety of music interests, but the Beach Boys is my all-time favorite band and Brian is my all-time favorite composer.

Looking forward to it!

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 07:14:48 AM »

Welcome!

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 07:31:15 AM »

Hej.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 07:38:38 AM »

Welcome!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 07:45:12 AM »

I'm also a fan of Neil Young, CSN, Philip Glass, Patti Smith, Ennio Morricone, Burt Bacharach, Fleet Foxes, Sergei Prokofiev, Erik Satie, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Thelonious Monk, Bela Fleck, and The Avett Brothers.  So yes -- I do have a wide variety of music interests, but the Beach Boys is my all-time favorite band and Brian is my all-time favorite composer.

Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to your participation, especially in non-BBs threads. Let's be honest, Beach Boys fans are an annoying and tedious bunch. (One particularly brilliant poster has a Thelonious thread going...  Grin )

Welcome to the board. I hope you've got a negativity-raincoat.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 07:53:59 AM »

Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to your participation, especially in non-BBs threads. Let's be honest, Beach Boys fans are an annoying and tedious bunch. (One particularly brilliant poster has a Thelonious thread going...  Grin )

Welcome to the board. I hope you've got a negativity-raincoat.

YOU ALWAYS WRITE SUCH NEGATIVE THINGS

Actually, Beach Boys fans are a great and normal folk.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 08:05:50 AM »

Welcome NickandthePassions!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 10:00:48 AM »

well well you're welcome!!!!

enjoy it here....... the most knowledgeable place online to get the goss, the facts, opinions, and the happenings....

a place where people 'in the know' also correct details and add further information...

you have a great taste in music!

Enjoy it here,

RickB
bluesno1fann
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 05:58:38 PM »

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it around here!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 07:03:17 PM »

Hey Nick

Stick around, keep posting and have a good time!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »

Howdy everyone!  My name is Nick and I'm a 16 year old Beach Boys fan from North Carolina.  I grew up listening to my Dad's Smiley Smile, Wild Honey, Friends, Holland, SMiLE, and Pet Sounds CDs and fell in love with the harmonies.  I've been an avid Beach Boys fan since the age of 7.  Brian and the Boys' music has really made an impact on my life.  I'm pleased to have found this forum so I can communicate with other Beach Boys enthusiasts.

My favorite albums of the Boys would probably be SMiLE, Friends, Sunflower, and obviously Pet Sounds.

Looking forward to it!

Welcome.

I have to say, that's some impressive musical taste for a 16 year old. I can say that my tastes weren't nearly as sophisticated at that young of an age.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 06:36:28 PM »

Welcome. Check out the survivor threads and vote. It's fun and sometimes painful.  LOL
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 03:04:05 AM »

Welcome, Nick

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 02:47:17 PM »

Welcome Nick,  Yeah, get over to the main board and help us with the Survivor Threads.  Votes = More pages.  see you there, Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 01:10:30 AM »

Welcome Nick! I was 16 when i became a diehard way back when...almost twenty years ago

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx