gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:43:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Solo Survivor #3 Winner: Carl Wilson's HEAVEN  (Read 44867 times)
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2014, 03:13:34 PM »

Seems so long ago...very underrated in my opinion. I urge you to give it a listen before voting!
Listening now.............

Nah, I'm voting Heaven

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2014, 09:07:35 PM »

Heaven
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2014, 10:42:13 AM »

Welcome back, one and all, to the first thread of the Beach Boys Solo Survivor.

The Solo Survivors are going to tackle the main solo albums of members of the Beach Boys. This will not include solo albums released prior to membership in the Beach Boys. This will also not include works done by members who were participating in different groups (ie David Marks in The Moon or The Marksmen) nor will it include "Best Of" albums or rehash albums (ie Summertime Cruisin' by Mike Love and Bruce Johnston will not be included. This also means we will not be including Brian Wilson Presents SMiLE or I Just Wasn't Made For These Times.) Lastly, we will not be including EP's or Unreleased Albums.

Some of the Solo Survivor albums may be hard to come across. Smilers are encouraged to locate legal copies of the solo albums. I expect these rounds to go quicker with less voting than normal. No big deal.

So without further ado...

Carl Wilson is the self-titled debut album of The Beach Boys band member, Carl Wilson. The youngest of the three Wilson brothers in the band, Carl Wilson was reportedly at this time unhappy with the progress being made by The Beach Boys creatively. So Carl, just as his brother Dennis had a few years earlier, signed a contract with James William Guercio's CBS-distributed Caribou Records. The album was released on March 27, 1981 and peaked at number 185 on the Billboard 200. Of the eight tracks on the album, seven of them are written by Carl Wilson and Myrna Smith, who was the wife of Carl's then manager Jerry Schilling, with track six being written by Carl, Myrna and Michael Sun.

You know that there's an achin' deep inside me coz votes were low. (1)

It took a while taking in it all.. to count votes. (3)

And here we go! The first Winner of Beach Boys SOLO SURVIVOR with 12 votes is...

HEAVEN

Round#1 - The Grammy July 18
Round#2 - The Right Lane July 21
Round#3 - What You Gonna Do About Me July 23
Round#4 - Bright Lights July 25
Round#5 - Hurry Love July 29
Round#6 - Hold Me July 31
Round#6 - Seems So Long Ago July 31

Next round for Mike Love shall begin shortly...

Thanks for playing.

3D
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2014, 03:28:32 PM »

Please can we include Blondie's solo albums? Pretty please? An excuse to let them be heard by a wider audience that needs to hear this great music. Pretty pretty please?

“We live in divisive times.”
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2014, 03:32:50 PM »

Please can we include Blondie's solo albums? Pretty please? An excuse to let them be heard by a wider audience that needs to hear this great music. Pretty pretty please?

If you can provide links where we might heat them, why not?
bluesno1fann
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2014, 05:06:38 PM »

I agree. I think it was wrong to skip a solo album which fits all the criteria. Poor Blondie   Sad
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2014, 06:55:25 PM »

Nobody would vote because hardly any of us have ever seen it. Let alone heard it.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2014, 11:18:19 PM »

Still multiple new CD copies on Amazon UK at fair prices and the whole album available for digital download. Admittedly tough to come across on YouTube. Heartily recommended for any fan, especially of the rocker CATP tracks. Seems shame to consign one of the very first solo albums by a Beach Boy to the remaindered bin… is Blondie the new lost Beach Boy?  Shocked

“We live in divisive times.”
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx