-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:22:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Reverberation 1969
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reverberation 1969  (Read 32006 times)
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2014, 08:56:25 PM »

I am making a new 2 Disc CD of the Beach Boys and Dennis Wilson!  Anyone want to Contribute to my project?  I have some Titles for my CD like this one

Reverberation 69 and my track order is about

Love
Meditation
Peace
Folk
Soul
Girls
psychedelic

I had a fast Life
beacharg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:35:35 PM »

Is this guy real?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 09:38:07 PM »

Here's my Reverberation CD:

Cotton Fields (single version)
Loop De Loop
All I Wanna Do  
Got To Know The Woman
When Girls Get Together  
Break Away
San Miguel
Celebrate The News  
Deirdre  
The Lord's Prayer (stereo)
Forever

Pretty good, eh?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 09:57:22 PM »

Is this guy real?

Problem? Chip in or move on.

My Reverberation is pretty much identical to yours Mikie, just in different order.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:06:54 PM »

Is this guy real?

I think beacharg has any right to write what he wants. No? Alternately, you can always block anyone who says even innocent slight dig at Surfer. you aren't his official lawyer, let him defend himself, he's grown up.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:21:37 PM »

Food fight!!!!

“We live in divisive times.”
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 10:39:21 PM »

Food fight!!!!
More like fight using surfboards a la ninja.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 10:57:07 AM »

Is this guy real?

I think beacharg has any right to write what he wants. No? Alternately, you can always block anyone who says even innocent slight dig at Surfer. you aren't his official lawyer, let him defend himself, he's grown up.

Do you every just STOP!!!!!!! Geez. Everything you say is a criticism of what someone else says or does. Why do you do this? Does it make you feel better to point out stuff like this? I don't get it. Either add something to this thread or move on. What's so hard about that? Smokin UGH.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 02:10:44 PM »

Why was "The Lord's Prayer" a contender for REVERBERATION? It does not flow well with the other tunes. Whose idea?
Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 02:39:44 PM »

Here's an album that I think would have done well as Reverberation (last Capitol album):

Side A
1- San Miguel
2- Forever
3- Got to Know the Woman
4- Deirdre
5- Celebrate the News

Side B
1- Loop De Loop
2- All I Wanna Do
3- Break Away
4- Slip on Through
5- I'm Going Your Way

I think that's a nice flow.  Pretty Dennis-heavy, I know, but that's not such a bad thing, eh?  San Miguel could have been a single & Break Away would have been a bigger hit in the US.  Just my 2 cents.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 07:26:41 PM »

Cotton Fields (single version)
Loop De Loop
All I Wanna Do 
Got To Know The Woman
When Girls Get Together 
Break Away
San Miguel
Celebrate The News 
Deirdre 
The Lord's Prayer (stereo)
Forever

I posted the list above based on the list AGD posted on his site.

I align much more with Bill M's list. But.......trying to re-establish the Rock & Roll street cred of my band, I would drop Lord's Prayer and When Girls Get Together. No-brainer, since Break Away only made it to single status and wasn't even included on an album until 1974, it gets included here. And Moon Dawg asks a good question. It just doesn't fit here. It's duophonic, not even stereo, and was never on an album up to that point, but a 1964 recording doesn't fit here. And neither does the style and production. And since Cotton Fields is better than the album version and did so well in the UK and Australia, it belongs here.

Anyway, I'll go with Bill's list, take away Dierdre and When Girls Get Together and Loop De Loop.........and add Susie Cincinnati and/or Lady and/or Good Time and/or Big Sur and/or "Till I Die and/or Games People Play and/or Add Some Music instead.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 08:52:33 PM »

Everything you say is a criticism of what someone else says or does. Why do you do this? Does it make you feel better to point out stuff like this? I don't get it. Either add something to this thread or move on. What's so hard about that? Smokin UGH.
Don't dramatize, not EVERYthing I say is negative (of what someone else yada yada), I only question this weird habit of creating a new topic instead of re-opening the old one on the same subject. What's so hard about that? If Surfer doesn't stop, then he's a troll. Every one of his dreaded duplicate threads should be merged, and isn't it considered here a good help & well intention? Mod or not mod, I don't care, they cannot monitor everything, so I have any right to co-operate with them & get mod power where necessary. You can too.

Sounds fair? Yes, indeed.

Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »

Stop what You're under arrestt?  police  I am doing a project and i want people to help me out and is there a problem with that.

I had a fast Life
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 09:17:36 PM »

Stop what You're under arrestt?  police  I am doing a project and i want people to help me out and is there a problem with that.
Then use the search function & re-open any old thread about Reverberation. Is there a problem with that? Otherwise, I'm going to ask the mods to merge your thread with the old ones. Deal?

bluesno1fann
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 09:53:39 PM »

Then use the search function & re-open any old thread about Reverberation. Is there a problem with that? Otherwise, I'm going to ask the mods to merge your thread with the old ones. Deal?

Bow Bow
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 10:15:13 PM »

I prefer new threads to reopening threads from 2007 that go on for pages and are full of outdated broken links, red x boxes where photos used to be, etc. The duplicate thread should not be started if there is a relatively recent one, as in the past few months.  JMO, YMMV.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 10:20:21 PM »

Nope. None whatsoever.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 10:22:54 PM »

I prefer new threads to reopening threads from 2007 that go on for pages and are full of outdated broken links, red x boxes where photos used to be, etc. The duplicate thread should not be started if there is a relatively recent one, as in the past few months.  JMO, YMMV.

yea those outdated broken links are a real pain  Sad.  every time I think I'm gonna get to see something new and click on one it's a complete let down and I wish I had become a fan earlier  Thud

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 10:26:23 PM »

full of outdated broken links
So what? Get past them & enjoy the reading/posting, it ain't "rocket science", like you used to say. Reverberations, as well as Surfin Safaris, were recent.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:36:38 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 10:32:19 PM »

Stop what You're under arrestt?  police  I am doing a project and i want people to help me out and is there a problem with that.

Nope. None whatsoever.
Just because he has Down Syndrome, doesn't surely mean Surfer should get away with the board's rules. I even dared to say it to The Real BB in message. And he said, as a moderator, that all are equal, to paraphrase him. So there.

Nice. Real classy. You're all heart, aren't you ? How does it feel to be observing the human race from the outside ?

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 10:36:05 PM »

Nice. Real classy. You're all heart, aren't you ? How does it feel to be observing the human race from the outside ?
Okay, if it means sth. for you, I'll delete the message. Now relax & sit in your sofa calmly.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 10:38:22 PM »

Could you see your way clear to deleting your account on this forum as well ?

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 10:44:58 PM »

Don't start drama where it's not, please.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 10:57:22 PM »

Woah, that's harsh. Too far, dude. She actually has a very good point BTW.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 12:15:27 AM »

Cool name for an  album Surfer. I like the song cycless people are coming up with.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: