-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:50:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Reverberation 1969
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reverberation 1969  (Read 32011 times)
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2014, 12:35:16 PM »

RangeRover is a she??
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2014, 01:16:59 PM »

May I suggest to get back on topic or continue this discussion on the Sandbox?

Seconded.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2014, 01:44:22 PM »

RangeRover you have a big heart.

Is that irony I hear dripping all over the floor?

Indeed it is. I normally don't insert myself in this kind of stuff, but the Rover of Ranges went over the line. Next time it happens in this context I'll take it to the mods.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2014, 01:51:06 PM »

Think you'll find some posters have beaten you to it.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2014, 02:20:03 PM »

Why would multiple threads from surfer be a big deal? We get multiple threads about DW these days from you and retrokid.

a lot of Surfer's threads are about Dennis too but ok...if there's anything that gets talked about over and over again here it's SMiLE

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2014, 02:22:23 PM »

Well, the board's name is "smiley smile" and it's a descendent of the " smile shop" board.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2014, 02:23:43 PM »

Well, the board's name is "smiley smile" and it's a descendent of the " smile shop" board.

ok

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2014, 02:32:31 PM »

Yeah smile represent!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2014, 02:41:43 PM »

Yeah smile represent!

there's more to the BBs besides SMiLE and Pet Sounds (even though they're important)  Azn just sayin
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:46:50 PM by retrokid67 » Logged

-Dennis Wilson
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2014, 03:08:53 PM »

Wink
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:31:00 PM by Mr. Woodmeister » Logged

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2014, 03:10:25 PM »

eh anyways I do love the cover to Reverberation.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2014, 07:13:53 PM »

Yeah smile represent!
there's more to the BBs besides SMiLE and Pet Sounds (even though they're important)  Azn just sayin

Don't tell that to the Smile-o-philes who post here. To them, the Smile is all there is to The Boys' legacy. That's all they want to talk about. And if they venture onto other threads, it's just a front to the reason they're really here.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2014, 07:17:44 PM »

Yeah smile represent!

This.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2014, 10:04:43 PM »

Awright, let me clarify this Holocaust situation. 1stly, at the time I wrote that distateful comment, I wasn't aware that people like Surfer have some learning difficulties. And how would I? Never met or spoke to them in real life. My knowledge is based on Pablo Pineda who received a university degree, I thought they are normal/smart like us, only difference in the appearance (which by the way, I think is cute). Then some of my friends here explained that I might mix it up with Asperger's. I'm sorry if I caused such trouble. (though being completely honest, you don't do any favor in pitying Surfer, we ought to treat him the same.)

2ndly, when I direct someone to an old thread, it doesn't mean in any way that I'm being angry (that was weird thing to say, Disney Boy, as you can't hear my voice) or spiteful; in fact, you can call it "help". Yes, it comes off a little too straightforward/non-subtle, but it's everywhere, I'm not the 1st who does so. There were lots of cases when Pretty Funky, Lowbacca, The Real BB etc. headed the OP to the old topic(s). Surfer is a newbie & understandably wouldn't know how to use the board. I tried my best to help him, even giving step-by-step instruction.

Thanks to Mikie, retrokid, Mike's Beard, rab2591 for not engaging in all this rubbish. On-topic.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2014, 10:49:56 PM »

Awright, let me clarify this Holocaust situation. 1stly, at the time I wrote that distateful comment, I wasn't aware that people like Surfer have some learning difficulties. And how would I? Never met or spoke to them in real life. My knowledge is based on Pablo Pineda who received a university degree, I thought they are normal/smart like us, only difference in the appearance (which by the way, I think is cute). Then some of my friends here explained that I might mix it up with Asperger's. I'm sorry if I caused such trouble. (though being completely honest, you don't do any favor in pitying Surfer, we ought to treat him the same.)

2ndly, when I direct someone to an old thread, it doesn't mean in any way that I'm being angry (that was weird thing to say, Disney Boy, as you can't hear my voice) or spiteful; in fact, you can call it "help". Yes, it comes off a little too straightforward/non-subtle, but it's everywhere, I'm not the 1st who does so. There were lots of cases when Pretty Funky, Lowbacca, The Real BB etc. headed the OP to the old topic(s). Surfer is a newbie & understandably wouldn't know how to use the board. I tried my best to help him, even giving step-by-step instruction.

Thanks to Mikie, retrokid, Mike's Beard, rab2591 for not engaging in all this rubbish. On-topic.

You think people with Down's syndrome are 'cute'. Well, that's alright then... Yes, as Range Rover says: well done to everyone who had the common decency not to engage in such petty rubbish, unlike overly-sensitive old me who had the audacity to get offended by someone using disability as a disparaging term.

'How do you know I'm being angry when you can't hear my voice'? I can't help noticing, RR, that absolutely everything you write is always completely and utterly head-scratchingly bizarre. On-topic.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2014, 10:58:39 PM »

Oy. Some people should have quit while they're ahead and not get even more insulting towards people with special needs and their parents/family members.

Maybe the moderators would be better advised to leave the topic as it is, with the first question about a track listing and people's responses to it, and delete all the anal retentive stuff about "no top posting!" and the insults to other posters and unrelated stuff. The question posed by the OP is unique and is not a duplicate thread. He's asking about his own version of a track order for a CD he plans to burn, it's not asking about "Reverbration" itself.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2014, 11:19:28 PM »

You think people with Down's syndrome are 'cute'. Well, that's alright then... Yes, as Range Rover says: well done to everyone who had the common decency not to engage in such petty rubbish, unlike overly-sensitive old me who had the audacity to get offended by someone using disability as a disparaging term.
What is up with you, get over it, I already said sorry. And how my "cute" comment is insulting, I genuinely think they have cute face. Isn't it a compliment? Also, you always seem to twist the original words. To my "use the search function" (read "I find the old topics manually, not get them out of memory") you said "you might have an encyclopedic memory regarding what has or hasn't been discussed here previously". It's weird (c).

absolutely everything you write is always completely and utterly head-scratchingly bizarre.
Do you follow me in every thread to make such a statement? Doubt.

2 KittyKat: your post is out of place now, given the case is closed. You're late.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:41:36 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2014, 11:27:59 PM »

This thread needs a deep scrubbing.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2014, 11:37:06 PM »

Give him enough rope...
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2014, 11:41:59 PM »

Holocaust situation.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2014, 11:48:48 PM »

What's the matter with you all? If I said publicly an apology, is it really difficult to accept it? There are far more bad things happened in the history of the board. Or is it because I'm not a BBs historian, just a random poster that you think you might go on rolling eyes on me? Not okay.

Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2014, 11:52:14 PM »

Was there ever any real chance of an album with the Reverberation track-list actually being released?

Fun as it is, i don't think tracks like Loop De Loop would have done the band any favours back in '69/'70. Personally, I'm glad they scrapped it and we got Sunflower instead...
bluesno1fann
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2014, 12:00:30 AM »

What's the matter with you all? If I said publicly an apology, is it really difficult to accept it? There are far more bad things happened in the history of the board. Or is it because I'm not a BBs historian, just a random poster that you think you might go on rolling eyes on me? Not okay.

I agree. I think what some of the people said to you was worse than what you said to Surfer.

And yeah, let's all get back on-topic!
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2014, 12:30:53 AM »

I'm guessing Range Rover, who is fond of finding out-of-the-way English words, is using the word in it's original sense. Range Rover, the word is seldom if ever used any more in the English-speaking world to refer to anything but the genocide against the Jews by the Nazi party.

Please delete my account
bluesno1fann
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2014, 12:35:43 AM »

I'm guessing Range Rover, who is fond of finding out-of-the-way English words, is using the word in it's original sense. Range Rover, the word is seldom if ever used any more in the English-speaking world to refer to anything but the genocide against the Jews by the Nazi party.

What about Nuclear Holocaust?

Also, it wasn't just the Jews who were killed in that genocide...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:36:47 AM by BAmBU Dennis » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: