-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 08:36:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Cats
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cats  (Read 198150 times)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 01, 2019, 01:35:00 AM »

'K. Next - FB link to marching band - big fan! - The Fort Payne Wildcats (Alabama high school MB). Jennifer, Scooter Bug/ Princess Tinkerbell cat page creator's son "brudder Nick" plays drums in it. They compete & win in each category, song performed - "To Build A Wonder". Anybody hear it b4?
Cool clip with big band & flag dancers in big green field, looks like arena.

Thanks for this. Very interesting. Fort Payne is a town in Northern Alabama that's called itself the "sock capital" because of the factories there making socks. It's a beautiful area - there's a nearby state park we've gone to several times, that has waterfalls and gorges. 

What the band is playing is music from Scheherazade, a favorite of mine. "To build a wonder" looks like it refers to some fantasy game that I'm not familiar with but I see references to it using search engines.

I love marching bands. Wish I could have been in one. My Father played trumpet in his band, and my mother played trombone in hers.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 04, 2019, 12:04:26 PM »

Cool. Why didn't you? Is to start marching band in each school requirement? To get pupils to join, competition starts between schools which is best band et al?
Reading FB daily there's been Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day. It's to rmbr pets that passed. Many who tell about it say that cat/ that dog crossed rainbow bridge. Popular cat literally each popular cat page discussed - Grandpa(w) Mason, cat with kidney issues that lived longer than been predicted but recently passed & everybody paid really nice tributes, saying many kittens went thru him, he educated them, took care about them, kittens really bonded with him, got attached to Mason & he helped them. Great cat. Is it American thing to say it? Why rainbow? Bridge?

Discovered new cat item names - familiar with these?
crate
Assisi treatment bag (exclusive to Manx syndrome cats? Generally?)
playpen
trending now Halloween house
I especially liked huge shoe/ sneaker in which cat hops to to sleep, cooler bed than basket.

Mentioned favorite page by nice lady "Scooter Bug & Princess Tinkerbell", 2 cats with Manx syndrome, she lives with the other, healthy, cats & she stated ginger cat Pumpkin is very jumpy due to being bullied/ scared/ jumped at "without any reason" by everybody else in feline fam. Why she? Million dollar question. The lady says Pumpkin got very insecure, turns back many times to see nobody's standing/ hiding there. & the lady feels very bad about her that she in fact doesn't let her be with the other cats, she's isolated in different space. Lady read positive reviews towards special device in Amazon - "the Jackson Galaxy bully remedy set", trio set which includes "self-esteem bottle she needs to help her". Try to figure what this even looks like/ entails. In which way it's going to make cats quit bullying Pumpkin. Anybody dealt with it when single cat in cat fam (say, 3-8 cats in fam bully the 4-9th) been picked as victim? Tell.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 04, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »

I wasn't in a marching band because there wasn't one at my school.
If we had one, I would have liked to try to play the clarinet.
My school did have a choir. I didn't sing in it, but accompanied it by playing various percussion, xylophone, guitar, and alto recorder. Helped me to get an "Honors" grade in music.

Cats - am familiar with "crate." Another word for cat carrier, or kennel ( cage to keep cats in).

Rainbow Bridge - The thought that at the end of the rainbow good things happen. So when our pets cross the "rainbow bridge" it is hoped that they are going to be happy and healthy once again.

That's a good question, how to stop bullying in cats. I love Tanner, but she wants to be the number one cat so would get snippy around all the other cats. Jackson Galaxy has had success with "bad" cats. I'd be curious to check it out.
Haven't had the experience of one cat family bullying another. In fact, the worst bullying I had to put up with was two sisters, Tasha and Shana. Poor Shana was a little "slow" and Tasha was merciless around her. Had to make sure they were separated as much as possible.

P.S . My present temporary avatar (as of 4 Oct 2019) is of aviation pioneer John Moisant and his cat Mademoiselle Fifi. Picture was taken in 1910.

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 07, 2019, 09:57:49 AM »

Is it requirement that school gets marching band? Is it exception to rule when school didn't get marching band to represent school in inter-school competition? Is it by definition that school in U.S. starts it?

I meant - what does Jackson Galaxy look like? As I stated, the FB lady mentioned there being bottle. There is many things in it than just bottle. Question's - what's it?

Ta. Did intend to ask the ava image query. Yet you answered 1st.

Do you buy cats Halloween fancy garments?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 07, 2019, 03:34:19 PM »

I went to an all girls high school. Some girls schools (such as my Mom's school) have bands but most in our area do not. We had a choir, also some sports teams - Volleyball, basketball, softball.
I remember that Dominican High School was our main competition in basketball . We would chant, "DominiCAN'T! DominiCAN'T!" Unfortunately, they could. Never could beat them  Cheesy

Don't know about a bottle. Hard to describe what Jackson Galaxy looks like. Let's just say that he's one of a kind. He's totally bald (or maybe just shaves his hair off), long sideburns and a wild beard. But it would be hard to find a greater cat lover.
Read that his wife's name is "Minoo" (a common name for cats where I live).

I don't put garments on my pets - they hate wearing anything.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 07, 2019, 07:48:07 PM »

Actually, school marching band question is general question. I'd seen in many-many-many films where this & that U.S. state school got marching band to which various pupils joined. I wished to know if it's true or not. Hence the question "Is it requirement...?", "Is it exception...?". You state at school you went band didn't exist. Is it rare when it's like that? I meant not just Louisiana but *generally U.S.*.

Jackson Galaxy is human?? Puzzled. Ahhh! Again, FB post I quoted by the lady previously:
"Lady read positive reviews towards special device in Amazon - "the Jackson Galaxy bully remedy set", trio set which includes "self-esteem bottle she needs to help her". Try to figure what this even looks like/ entails."
Pay attention she said "bully remedy *set*". & "self-esteem bottle".

Then you said Jackson Galaxy helps "bad" cats. It read like you used that JG bully remedy set, just like the lady, i.e. you're familiar with it when looking to help your cats. That's when I asked what it looks like. I'd like to know exactly what this JG bully set is. I can't believe all this time JG been human. But why would she call it "bully remedy set", keyword "set", about which she read positive Amazon reviews?

Today I found abbreviation POTP. Some cat in human voice (via their human parent, obviously, but such sweet thing when cat "talks" :D ) in FB said he needs POTP today. I found in comments to the post it means "power of the paw", cats use it as good wishes to them by FB followers, cat fans. Did you know it?

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 08, 2019, 02:54:06 AM »

I'm not familiar with "POTP." But then I'm not up on a lot of things nowadays.

I think most High Schools have marching bands. They play at their team sports events and March in parades. There are some schools however that have dropped Music programs due to lack of money.

I looked up what that "bottle" was. It's a bottle with a dropper in it. If you want a cat to calm down, place a few drops on its fur and rub it in. The bottle contains herbs that calm cats down - but the info didn't list the herbs. Some cats apparently are allergic to those herbs so caution is needed when using for the first time.

Yes, Jackson Galaxy is a real guy. He has a show on television, maybe you can find clips of it online. It's called My Cat From Hell. He takes cats who are so bad that their owners are about to get rid of them, and turns them into adorable fur babies.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 10, 2019, 04:05:35 PM »

Jackson Galaxy must live in Catland. I shall get him tickets to it.

Each facebook cat page mentions these cat foods - "Chewy" & "Weruva". They state they're very nutritional, got many digest-sensitive options AND emphasize each brand provides the best customer service. Do you feed cats with it? If yes, agree with each point?

I didn't even *hear* these food names, cat foods advertised here - "Whiskas", "Friskies", "Darling", "Royal Canin", "Purina", "Kitekat".

Recent fave cat pic - family went kayaking, took cat with, snapped pics in which cat sits/ looks in different sides, f.ex. stares at river in trance, dressed cutely with what looks like dark-blue vest. D'aww! I like checking cat profile, what lovely nose (saying it "lyavly n'awz") with cute mouth ("meowff").

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 10, 2019, 07:06:41 PM »

I'm really not familiar with Weruva. Chewy is actually a company that ships dog and cat food and other products. I think the shipping doesn't cost anything if enough products are ordered. I am tempted to start using this. I have a bad back, lots of pain, and it would be so much better to have heavy bags of food and cat litter delivered instead of having to carry them inside.

I sometimes use Friskies wet cat food. The dry made one of my cats sick. For dry I use Purina for Indoor Cats. I've heard of Whiskas but haven't used it. Not familiar with the other brands.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 11, 2019, 05:01:35 AM »

Youtube got full film "The Uncanny" (1977) with ailurophobe Peter Cushing & cat fan Ray Milland (he indeed may REALLY like cats since he starred few decades back in "Rhubarb", film about sports team & titular cat being their luck pet. I posted it previously). 3 cat tales in single film. The killer cats! 3D It's hilarious at times, the way cats attack by cutely jumping at people, hahaha! Sweeties. :D Then in cat tale 3 there's really calculating & sly cat - guy (Donald Pleasence) & his mistress talentless actress poisoned milk, put traps with fish & such to get rid of cat. But he sits there without touching food. To revenge  Evil, cat gets to studio, kills them both by basically doing nothing but getting in the way & startling. Purrfect! Here's link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7CzDrmEy4YY

It bookends with beautiful limericks:

"He leaps and lightly
Walks upon sleep, his mind on the moon.
Nightly over the round world of men,
Over the roofs go his eyes and outcry."

(Ted Hughes)

"And gaze into your gazing eyes
And wonder in a demi-dream
What mystery it is that lies
Behind those slits that glare and gleam."

(Giles Lytton Strachey)

Ain't it apt description towards feline race? I'd say *jolly* apt. Hit the nail.
1st limerick starts intro credits set to tip-toeing light pawsteps-like mystic suspenseful macabre music which to these ears really fits film's subject - evil stereotypes about cats & superstitions (speaking about, I read in FB such really weird thing that people hesitate to adopt *black* cats in shelters, that they still got bad rep. Poor darlings end up living in shelters years & years, then when they're senior do smb. adopt them. Stupid & brutal).
Film intro, besides such cool music, starts with beautiful cat paintings, in kinda Louis Wain style (yet not really). Check it out, film is in pretty good video quality, not too blurred as many youtube films.

Edit: Pay attention that either people who stand by or against cats here look kinda like cats. I, being cats' admirer, catch it easily when smb.'s got feline features. Ray Milland's eyes & demeanor really resemble cat's. & 1st tale starrs my fave British/ general beauty Joan Greenwood - marvellous thespian with refined British English speech. Theatrical yet fitting character she plays. She's beautiful due to cat-like elegance. She can be likened to cat in many ways, sly smile with sly eyes, beguiling & deceitful.
NBBF mentioned b4 she enjoys British accents, 2 main characters will be feast to her ears. Ditto 1st tale, "London 1912" with mentioned actress.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:23:16 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 13, 2019, 07:28:13 PM »

I'll be sure to watch this in the next few days. It's been kind of stressful on my end these past couple of weeks. My Mother passed away, funeral was a couple of days ago. I feel a little "adrift"

My cat Tanner has been especially affectionate lately, lying down next to me. Pets are such a comfort.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 07:40:53 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 14, 2019, 05:19:14 AM »

Gee, that is bad news. I give you sympathies & good vibes to the family in the aftermath. Is cancer hereditary illness? Did it plague family member in the past?

Yes, cats great to live with. & pet.

Subscribed to cat page recently - "Josephine Quirky Cat". Master's name's Diane. She lives in Canada & ljnked to blog with similar title. It's about cat with mood changes, she's not very friendly, difficult cat, thus she's "quirky cat". She tells about what that's like to live with such cat, very interesting to read. She tells whilst it isn't picnic to live with Josephine, she CAN be good, playful & such. It's nice to see Diane didn't give up, didn't give away cat to shelter. Many people with difficult cats, when they realize it, quickly do precisely it - give cats back. It's really maddening to read such cases.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 14, 2019, 05:39:58 AM »

Thank you for your kind words.
Cancer thank goodness doesn't run in my family. (knock on wood!) My Mother died partly because her heart was starting to have problems, and her lungs were really messed up, making it difficult to breathe. Strange - both of my parents died from lung disease, and neither one of them smoked.

Yes, having a pet is a huge commitment that shouldn't be started without thinking it through . If one is adopting a cat from a shelter it might have been abused in some way by the previous owner. The cat is probably not "bad" but actually afraid :-(
That's why I haven't adopted any more cats after some of my older cats passed away. with the craziness at home I wouldn't have been able to take care of another pet.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 05:43:46 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 15, 2019, 04:06:01 AM »

I'll be sure to watch this in the next few days. It's been kind of stressful on my end these past couple of weeks. My Mother passed away, funeral was a couple of days ago. I feel a little "adrift"

My cat Tanner has been especially affectionate lately, lying down next to me. Pets are such a comfort.  Smiley

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry to hear that, E. I couldn't agree more about your last remark.

You and yours are in my thoughts.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 16, 2019, 03:41:39 AM »

2 NBBF: Which now human do you live? Many who did lose people dislike to live without the other human, wish to chat with smb. except pets. Do you plan beginning boarding house since there's many empty rooms? Many start profit when they live in big house. Did you place the ad?

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 16, 2019, 06:50:49 AM »

Thank you so much, John.

Mari, I had moved in with my Mother at her house. This was the house we all grew up in.
It's a fairly big house and too big for one person. Also the taxes are supposed to be going up a lot (The taxes had been lower because my Mother was elderly and her taxes hadn't gone up). And the flood insurance cost is crazy. So the bottom line is that I can't afford to live there. So we will start the process of cleaning out the house.
I will start moving my stuff (including LOTS of books) to the house in the woods . That house was left to me. At some point I'll bring the dog and cats.
My oldest sister, husband and 2 horses live next door in a house down the hill. One other sister who is ill might move in with me. She has lots of cats  (too many cats for her to care for but she won't part with any of them). So I will be close to family.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 16, 2019, 07:14:20 AM »

Yes, figured you don't stay there. Hence question. I'd read people can't live single in big houses. Say they hate it. Living in short distance with fam is fine decision. House will be cleaned & sold then. Make sure cats travel safely to new house. They're too good.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 18, 2019, 07:46:53 PM »

Reading few infos about CBD oil didn't paint good pic. Despite "useful", listing "here's reasons". Pets being better due to it looks like placebo.

Stupid cat phrases to this Smiler would be:
- make biscuits Roll Eyes
- silly goose (aka "tender" way to dub playful cat)
- dilly/ jelly beans
- sploot
- kitty cat (it's either...or)
- indoor cat (cheesy - say you got cat, without schfancy schmaltz addish)
- few gobbledygook else

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 19, 2019, 04:23:17 AM »

Strange that the best ever thread - FACT - doesn't get replies. Roll Eyes

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 19, 2019, 04:49:25 AM »

OK, RR, just to put you out of your misery I looked around and found these for you:

http://www.pebbleskittycatcafe.nl/en/

Birds Drinking from a Bird Bath (watched by cat), a 1st-century mosaic from Pompeii.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 19, 2019, 05:18:03 AM »

Maybe *you* got misery. I ain't got misery. Saying "Agree, this is best thread ever" would do. Thing is, I hate it when smb. starts reviving the other threads (like Quotes), *the same day* when I'd written interesting things to discuss. Like, couldn't pick diff. time? Who cares what dull youtubers say anyway, with unfunny posts? I'd written list "stupid cat phrases" that smb. would chime in, that the list will gain attention! But when smb. starts posting in bad timing in diff. threads, it gets Cats' newest post invisible, people wouldn't see it since the other thread's now at the top. See? I'd like Cats thread to succeed. & Movies thread - 2 cool threads. In fact, any thread I chime in.
^ Boy, isn't it beautifully stated. 3D Apt explanation.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 19, 2019, 05:30:09 AM »

RR you do realize that there's a big time difference between you and many of us? Your post came out at 2145 my time. I was getting ready to go to bed and made a quick folk music related post on another Board - didn't see your post until now.

I have to leave in a few minutes to attend a talk out of town. But I see nothing wrong in saying that cats are "making biscuits." Sure looks like they are happily kneading dough.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 19, 2019, 12:53:51 PM »

Maybe *you* got misery. I ain't got misery. Saying "Agree, this is best thread ever" would do. Thing is, I hate it when smb. starts reviving the other threads (like Quotes), *the same day* when I'd written interesting things to discuss. Like, couldn't pick diff. time? Who cares what dull youtubers say anyway, with unfunny posts? I'd written list "stupid cat phrases" that smb. would chime in, that the list will gain attention! But when smb. starts posting in bad timing in diff. threads, it gets Cats' newest post invisible, people wouldn't see it since the other thread's now at the top. See? I'd like Cats thread to succeed. & Movies thread - 2 cool threads. In fact, any thread I chime in.
^ Boy, isn't it beautifully stated. 3D Apt explanation.

It may not be best thread ever (that thread hasn't arrived yet) but Cats thread is succeeding! Yours was post #421. That smacks of success to me. Roll Eyes

RR I see no point in trying to be be nice to you. It just doesn't work and it didn't work at EH either. So I'm going to ignore you for a bit. Smokin 

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 19, 2019, 03:03:02 PM »

People must announce it, don't they? I read many-many times when smb. says to smb. else "I'm gonna ignore you". Instead just silently ignoring they just get this weeeeird urge to announce it. Banality. The answer to it is - and? I don't give 2 flying figs. Since you mentioned EH, weirdly, MJ thread is proof that you & few others not been "nice". I stated many RIGHT things there, in fact the single user who talked sense in that super messed up idiotic thread with buncha butt-kissers. What could be interesting MUSIC thread turned into big manure mess with everybody so lovingly repeating everything previous poster said ad infinitum. Like, single time ISN'T quite enough -nope, smb. else must repeat the same damn things again. Dumbest thread ever. I got sick by sheer stupidity of it.

Next. I'd seen great cat painting in cat FB group which, since I use mobile right now, can't link. When I'll be at computer, it'll be here.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 20, 2019, 04:01:40 AM »

Just to show I don't bear RR a grudge, here's a massive topic on the subject of felines at Hoffman that she might enjoy:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/felines-nothing-more-than-felines-fifth-paw.390413/

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: