-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Cats
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cats  (Read 198156 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 23, 2018, 04:31:36 AM »

Vintage "cats & sailing" images dating 1890s-1950s; here's 2nd batch (1st batch in previous page, don't miss it police); pay attention that few cats sleep in specially built to them hammocks:

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 04:46:19 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 23, 2018, 05:10:44 AM »

The cat pic No.12 in Reply 375 depicts WWII veteran cat Pooley who'd been given real medals & badges. Pic's date: 1959. Cat age: 15 yrs old. To the topic, here's history material about 2 cats who fought WWII, everybody set aside things you do to read it, it's really interesting & proves that cats can be jolly heroic, it's must-read: http://www.popularsocialscience.com/2013/03/01/the-cats-that-fought-in-world-war-ii-the-swasticats/

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 27, 2018, 01:54:04 PM »

It's really disturbing to see people being interested in rocky pimple's book & keeping replying to boring cliched "nothing new" type posts by some dunce "Reynaldo", whilst this nice thread isn't replied to. So... Carl/ Dennis punched by buncha losers is better than seeing cat pics/ youtube vids/ reading material? "Lovely".

Here's new cute & funny clip, esp. at 1:47 the look in cat's face is priceless: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFPKq1TDsXc

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 01, 2018, 05:05:44 AM »

Great pics! I like the first posted.
Thanks. At least smb. cares. It's not fair to give attention to rocky pimple/ his weirdo publisher with predictable non-revelatory posts than sweet important thread like Cats. Thanks again.

Love cats. I like black and white photography. My favorites are cats sleeping in hammocks, very cute, and the white cat in the previous page looking up at the brassiere hanging that could fill 5 female busts simultaneously. Thanks for share.
Thanks to you. Nice comments. It's easy to tell which is favorite pics, yet the other people can't do it apparently, even posters who got cats. Btw agree about b&w, it's fave pastime to study retro pics in b&w & sepia. Jolly interesting.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 06, 2018, 01:30:58 PM »

Checked out this thread. Cool pictures of cats. Loved the story about Mourka and the other day doing their part during the horrible Battle of Stalingrad.
My oldest sister gave me a postcard she had bought while in London a few weeks back. It's a black and white picture of a kitten relaxing on a hammock.
The caption reads: "The kitten mascot of the aircraft carrier HMS Eagle in the hammock made for her by the ship's sailmaker."
 Can't figure out how to post it from my Kindle Fire Tablet, but it's similar to the other pictures of the hammock kitties (difference being that only the kitten is in the picture, no people).

Edit: changed avatar briefly so that pic could be seen.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 01:39:39 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 06, 2018, 01:48:13 PM »

Which cat pics did you like the best? It's fun when I share pics, that people tell which they liked exactly. You know, that's the idea. Would like to see postcard, can't you show it via desktop? Forget tablet/ Kindle-sth. Ta in advance.

Edit to N's edit: It's blurry, can't see cat's face well which is important. Can then you do by things I said?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 01:52:00 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 06, 2018, 07:16:04 PM »

I don't have access to a desktop right now. She's just a regular sweet little kitten.
I'll try to get access to a computer but that might be a while.

The favorite pics would be the cat sleeping on the caps; that's what my cats would do.
The other fave is the cat up on the ladder, watching the guy at work (or is the guy playing with the cat?)

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 06, 2018, 07:35:40 PM »

I'll try to get access to a computer but that might be a while.
Roger.

It's the guy teaching cat to use ladder. Each pic in the site captioned & dated. I'd written the general timeline instead (since 18.. to 19..).

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 06, 2018, 09:00:19 PM »

I would figure that it would be a lot easier for kitty to go up the ladder then to come down.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 07, 2018, 04:54:12 AM »

Caption says the sailor teaches cat to use ladder, it doesn't tell up/ down detail. It's serious site, about sailing with cats, you'd seen pic with cats trained to do things dressed as nurses, Mississippi. They helped people in ships. It isn't fun pic site with goofy captions made by Internet users. Pics shared here with captions to be believed 100%. If you doubt, you can. But it's true history.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 07, 2018, 06:48:26 AM »

Huh??
I guess you misunderstood me. I wasn't questioning whether it was a serious site.
Was simply pointing out that cats have an easier time climbing up things then coming down them. And I figure that a ladder would be particularly difficult. So I assume that the sailor helped the kitty get down. Then after a while the cat got the hang of it and went up and down with no problem.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 07, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »

You like cookies, N?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:18:27 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 29, 2019, 07:39:37 PM »

Cat pelt the building.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:11:52 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 30, 2019, 07:15:45 AM »

Cat hates you, folks.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:15:22 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 01, 2019, 02:52:24 PM »

Found cool cats site with beautiful b&w/ sepia cat images. I shan't link it since nobody cares anyway. #catsrule #paycatszeroattnfolkclub

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 02, 2019, 01:10:24 PM »

Zero to see here.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:08:39 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2019, 05:40:26 PM »

I shall edit out soon "Cats save people" clips. You missed great cat heroic examples. & I figured many here like cats.

Mews: https://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/sunrise-weatherman-sam-mac-pops-in-at-brisbane-cafe-to-cuddle-cat/news-story/a46104e42af08568c0f6938ad4ae92a4

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 09, 2019, 09:28:13 AM »

Cool fun shortie:

2 cats met at Miceketeers cafe (ca.fe. i.e. cat feline). Today's menu "Mouse tails in catnip sauce with fish wine". They discussed to play next day paw golf.

tbc if any interested. Hello, btw.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 03, 2019, 06:37:52 AM »

Check great educational AND sweet video that special needs cat Rocky's "mom" shared: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2556428954591325&id=2206677982899759&anchor_composer=false

Amazing lady.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 03, 2019, 06:50:47 AM »

Check great educational AND sweet video that special needs cat Rocky's "mom" shared: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2556428954591325&id=2206677982899759&anchor_composer=false

Amazing lady.

Love the cat toy! God yes, what dedication. My daughter has two cats. Maybe I've posted this spooky picture of one of them before:

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 04, 2019, 06:34:56 PM »

Will pull your daughter's cheeks with strength. She's too cute.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 11:50:11 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 30, 2019, 01:50:07 AM »

Checking 60+ cat stuffs, liking cat slang/ puns:
fur babies
fur(r)iend
cattitude
grandpaw
Meowoween
right meow
cattoo
floof (new)
zoomies (ditto)
CH aka wobbly cat (ditto)
cat nap (knew it but listing anyway)
heterochrome (beautiful eyes)
TNR (special method to deal with stray cats)
brudder
"I is ..." speech pattern
hooman
Addendum: peeps describe each fur baby "such a ham". Figured it's food. Looks like it may be used to tell cats nicety.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 03:07:27 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 30, 2019, 06:54:39 AM »

'K. Next - FB link to marching band - big fan! - The Fort Payne Wildcats (Alabama high school MB). Jennifer, Scooter Bug/ Princess Tinkerbell cat page creator's son "brudder Nick" plays drums in it. They compete & win in each category, song performed - "To Build A Wonder". Anybody hear it b4?
Cool clip with big band & flag dancers in big green field, looks like arena.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2425242884259105&id=1338868746229863

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 30, 2019, 10:35:52 AM »

Will pull your daughter's cheeks with strength. She's too cute.

I only saw this today--probably because you only changed it yesterday. LOL

Cat's called Kookie. Go gently on my daughter's cheeks, please. Wink

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 01, 2019, 01:08:59 AM »

Checking 60+ cat stuffs, liking cat slang/ puns:
"I is ..." speech pattern

Addendum: peeps describe each fur baby "such a ham". Figured it's food. Looks like it may be used to tell cats nicety.

Yup. That about covers it. However, MY cats would never say "I is," LOL.
 Calling the cat "such a ham" means that kitty wants to be involved in everything, to be noticed. Which means that kitty is doing funny things.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: