-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:54:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Cats
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cats  (Read 198126 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: March 11, 2018, 05:19:35 PM »

Those are so sweet. Thanks for posting these!  Smiley
Ta. What's the favorite picture?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2018, 05:21:35 PM »

Where is Swedish Frog's Cat?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 12, 2018, 03:26:01 AM »

Well, NOLA, when you're going to answer my simple question? I'd like to compare, it's fun.

Really, people, what's the problem? Everybody soooooo cares about politics & sports today when hugely important Cats topic is, really, the best? Weirds me out.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 12, 2018, 04:36:00 AM »

"What's the problem?" I've been traveling the past few days - driving 1120 km to Louisville, Kentucky, so haven't been checking all the SS posts.

I loved them all. If I had to pick a favorite it would be the cat waves.

Believe me, I'd much rather see posts about Cats. Politics is depressing.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 16, 2018, 06:26:07 AM »

Mind blowing! Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwmeH6Rnj2E

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 18, 2018, 03:16:50 AM »

Where is Swedish Frog's Cat?

LOL

This is a little lugubrious perhaps... An old schoolfriend of my partner's is a cat person and keeps them as pets. However, when they die she puts them in the freezer. She now has three in there. Perhaps her partner is a... well, let's not go down that road, not today anyway. Grin 

I suppose it's no worse than flushing your deceased parrot down the toilet, which is what a close family member once did...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 20, 2018, 04:57:01 PM »

It's not funny tale. That lady is bastard.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 21, 2018, 03:52:05 AM »

It's not funny tale. That lady is bastard.

I agree, it's more than a little weird. I still find it hard to believe...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 23, 2018, 05:06:59 AM »

Mr Fuzzy - 2001-2018

I've been nursing my dear cat for a while, but he has now gone on to cat heaven.
He and I had been through lots of ups and downs through the years. He was always a sweet, friendly little guy who everybody loved.
I'm going to miss him terribly.
 Cry

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2018, 05:27:18 AM »

Bad news of course but, the cat lived 119 years! Did he die due to natural causes or did he get ill? What did you nurse him for?
I too will miss Mr. Fuzzy. Sad Liked the stories you shared about him.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2018, 02:43:47 PM »

Yes Mr Fuzzy lived a fairly long life (I say “fairly” because it’s becoming more common for indoor cats to live into their twenties). He had some health problems early on but had been healthy since early 2005. He was pretty active, loved to play and greet people, and was best buddies with BooBoo the dog. I took the photo in the avatar at the beginning of this year, a month or so before he started losing a lot of weight. The Vet thought it was a infection and not renal failure (the downfall of most of our cats).
We found a spot at our place in the woods to bury him this afternoon. I’ll plant some flowers there later.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 24, 2018, 12:07:28 AM »

Did Mr. Fuzzy use to sit as bread? Catloaf is my favorite cat pose, they look sweeeeeeeet! :D This video tells why cats sit like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU5BYIDuPY
Cat vines to bring you smiles & say "d'aww!" :D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyCtsrkN1f4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1sPnZlcEYo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTHZWqZt_AI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtnWIhaGGMQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC9HEZ91SeM

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 24, 2018, 01:52:29 AM »

I didn't know it was called "catloaf". Yes, Mr Fuzzy and our other cats have done that pose.
In our family, we call it "doing cute", as in "come see Minnie Cat, she's doing cute."
 🐱🐱🐱

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2018, 05:23:36 PM »

Which cat vine did you like the best?

I didn't know it was called "catloaf"
Ditto. This week's discovery.

🐱🐱🐱
What's these 3 empty squares?

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 24, 2018, 06:22:36 PM »

🐱🐱🐱
What's these 3 empty squares?

They are cat faces from my Kindle Fire. Guess they don't translate on other devices.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 24, 2018, 06:25:44 PM »

Which cat vine did you like the best?

Definitely the lovely black cat one. Sweetie Pie looked so relaxed and content.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 29, 2018, 05:35:36 PM »

Like the new ava, NBBF. Louis Wain, right?

2Buckethead - any cat tales to tell? Shortly about each cat that lived with you, old family & present cats. Or share sth. cat-related - picture, favorite cat film, maybe cat souvenirs, statues, figurines, this, that etc.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2018, 02:59:28 AM »

Like the new ava, NBBF. Louis Wain, right?

Good guess, but it's actually from a  tapestry made by Dom Robert, a Benedictine monk.
He made beautiful tapestries depicting scenes from the Bible. This particular tapestry was from the Gospel of Luke when Mary visited her cousin Elizabeth. This little feline is known as "Magnifi Cat." ( the Magnificat is the prayer of praise Mary says during that visit).

A dear friend of mine had access to a button machine. He made a button of this kitty and gave it to me.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2018, 08:32:04 PM »

Listened to a delightful recording that is available online.
It's called Snoopycat and it consists of narration and songs by legendary American singer Marian Anderson, who was in her 60s when this was recorded but is in fine voice.
It's an homage to her cat.
It's supposed to be a children's album, but the story about a sweet, curious black kitten would appeal to all ages .

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 02, 2018, 08:01:28 AM »

It's called Snoopycat and it consists of narration and songs by legendary American singer Marian Anderson, who was in her 60s when this was recorded but is in fine voice.
It's an homage to her cat.
Thanks, will try to find it in free music sites.

Typed the name "Ursula Howells" in youtube to see where else this amazing British thespian with plummy regal voice played besides the lead villain in BBC Miss Marple, "Murder Is Announced". This is 1st result.  https://youtu.be/jAE0yX3E7dI?t=123  It's timed right when you see the cats, the kitchen is rife with them! :D To top it off, there's few pigs, dogs & pets alike. It stars John Gielgud as chap with "cat fix". [Ursula appears at 8:33]

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 02, 2018, 07:52:00 PM »

As much as I love cats, there's no way I would have them on the table when preparing to bake something. Cat hair in a pie isn't very appetizing!

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 10, 2018, 06:38:00 AM »

NOLA BB Fan - My thoughts are with you as you mourn the loss of Mr. Fuzzy.  Some people just don't get how much we can love our pets. What always gets me to the other side of grief is the knowledge that, for the time they were mine, they had a good life; many animals do not.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 10, 2018, 06:59:29 AM »

In the other thread, you told about your TV-watching cats. You do have cats then (in the cousin post you replied to, in its 1st edit I did say "You're cat fan, I can tell"). I'd like if you answer to Reply #316 question - which looks like you didn't see - to contribute to this nice thread, here it is:

2Buckethead - any cat tales to tell? Shortly about each cat that lived with you, old family & present cats. Or share sth. cat-related - picture, favorite cat film, maybe cat souvenirs, statues, figurines, this, that etc.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2018, 10:35:19 AM »

Mr Fuzzy was a,special cat  Early on a Saturday morning in November 2001 my 19.5 year old cat, Fou Minou, died in my arms . I found a shoe box to put her in, and left my house to go to our country place to bury her. Outside was a mama cat and her kittens. The mama and all but one of the kitties ran off. That one black kitten with the white fuzz on his chest who stayed was Mr Fuzzy

I couldn't take him in at the time as I was having a hard time dealing with another elderly cat who had feline dementia (she'd start screaming very loudly - not meowing, screaming - and I'd run to her thinking something was wrong. But nothing was wrong; she just wanted me to be with her.) Eventually I was able to let Mr  Fuzzy inside, but in the meantime I could hear him meowing outside, and one time he actually managed to get in my attic. Then he got up into a tree and meowed for me. I got him down and sat on the back step, holding him. He was purring away, licked my ear, and stole my heart.

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 10, 2018, 12:25:57 PM »

NOLA BB Fan - So Mr. Fuzzy chose you. So sweet. He was a lucky kitty.

RRA1 - I'd always had dogs since I was 5 years old. They were always rescues of some sort who found their way into our lives. In 2010 my Dachshund died and three young cats were brought home by my three sons. I tried to find them homes, the shelters were full of kitties and I could not guarantee that they would be adopted, so...I made arrangements to have them spayed and neutered the following month. By then, the two females were pregnant and we ended up with six kittens and two adults. Franklin was not nursing and was being rejected by his mother, Sweetie, so I took him to the vet for care. He died the next day. When my son came home with his little body, the mother, who never went near the door, bolted out and into the street. She was killed by a car, leaving us with three one-week old babies to care for, 24/7. (The other mom, Isis, refused to nurse them - bitch!) I was proud of my sons, who were loving and responsible during their shifts. I found a home for one, leaving us with 6 in all. Arlo was a crazy boy who sneaked out of my fenced-in yard last fall and never came home. I hope that someone took him in - he was very personable and affectionate. Terrence died of an undiagnosed heart condition. I (kids are gone) now have 4.  Bronwen is tiny and looks like a kitten. She bullies and intimidates the other two girls, Isis and Mercy (both skittish, nervous Nellies), and keeps me up nights when she is in heat. Smokie, the father to the kittens, is dignified and remains above it all. For all of the heartbreak, mess, and noise, they have been and continue to be a comfort during a very rough time. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: