gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 08:25:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Dennis really marry his second cousin?  (Read 22029 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 09:57:21 PM »

Didn't he supply Brian with drugs in the 70s? Always thought that was pretty low myself.
You think Brian never supplied Dennis? They all had access and they all shared. Keep it real Funky.

No offence meant to you Jon but I was specifically thinking of the stories of Dennis bribing Brian to play piano with him. Partying is another thing.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 10:25:03 PM »

Didn't he supply Brian with drugs in the 70s? Always thought that was pretty low myself.
You think Brian never supplied Dennis? They all had access and they all shared. Keep it real Funky.

No offence meant to you Jon but I was specifically thinking of the stories of Dennis bribing Brian to play piano with him. Partying is another thing.
No offense taken. However, I think those stories reflect a sensationalized sliver of what was a fundamentally loving, but also a mutually destructive relationship at times. IMO There is no innocent party at the Brian/Dennis party.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 10:35:19 PM »

Woah, when did this become the Dennis Bashing thread?!  Angry

a yea there's no "conspiracy" right?  How about focusing on the good things in his life instead of womanizing, booze and Manson?  Hey Brian has done some stuff too but most of the time we talk about his music and what a genius he is.

Couldn't agree more. We should sing his praises and talk about the positive side of his life instead of "how low he could get" and "how he lacked integrity". And when we make one comment, people tell us to stop being so defensive Angry

To Gabo: Yes, Dennis hung out with Charles Manson. But as soon as he found out what Manson was really like, he cut contact (and bashed Manson) with Manson. Considering that, I don't get why people would still condemn Dennis for his role in the Manson story.

I just hope that a lot of people here don't agree with Mike Love's disgusting comment about Dennis being a "no-good drugged-out parasite"!

Well Gabo always wants to say something negative about him but...."that's ok".  When we want to uplift Dennis, we're the ones in the wrong..."but that's ok too" right cuz Dennis doesn't deserve praise  Roll Eyes  the bad in his life has outdone the good.  Angry

i wonder who is sadder Gabo after being accused of Dennis bashing or the unborn of child of Sharon Tate in limbo
bluesno1fann
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 10:37:10 PM »

Woah, when did this become the Dennis Bashing thread?!  Angry

a yea there's no "conspiracy" right?  How about focusing on the good things in his life instead of womanizing, booze and Manson?  Hey Brian has done some stuff too but most of the time we talk about his music and what a genius he is.

Couldn't agree more. We should sing his praises and talk about the positive side of his life instead of "how low he could get" and "how he lacked integrity". And when we make one comment, people tell us to stop being so defensive Angry

To Gabo: Yes, Dennis hung out with Charles Manson. But as soon as he found out what Manson was really like, he cut contact (and bashed Manson) with Manson. Considering that, I don't get why people would still condemn Dennis for his role in the Manson story.

I just hope that a lot of people here don't agree with Mike Love's disgusting comment about Dennis being a "no-good drugged-out parasite"!

Well Gabo always wants to say something negative about him but...."that's ok".  When we want to uplift Dennis, we're the ones in the wrong..."but that's ok too" right cuz Dennis doesn't deserve praise  Roll Eyes  the bad in his life has outdone the good.  Angry

i wonder who is sadder Gabo after being accused of Dennis bashing or the unborn of child of Sharon Tate in limbo

You do realize Dennis had nothing to do with the Tate/LaBianca murders. Terry Melcher maybe (for living in that house before Tate was murdered and pissing off Manson), but not Dennis.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 10:42:57 PM »

I know, but it's too easy to press your buttons. I can't stop sometimes.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:44:39 PM by Gabo » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2014, 11:14:08 PM »

Seeing as Dennis slept with the wives of everyone else in the band, and also every female in the F Mac organisation, integrity probably wasn't a word that featured large in his lexicon.

It's probably in poor taste to ask (though that's never stopped a ton of discussion topics on this board)... but do we know what the (already publicly known) details were about these instances?  Are we talking the wives of every single BB?

According to Brian when interviewed in 2005 (I think). He wasn't asked about that specifically, it just came out. The F Mac thing is common knowledge.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2014, 11:19:35 PM »

Didn't he also burn down a shack in Christine McVie's backyard?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2014, 11:23:32 PM »

2Mr. Doe: unless Dennis had superpower & could easily influence every living girl, I don't believe that story about his affair with every BBs wife. But if it's not a myth - then we shouldn't blame Dennis alone for that.

We're talking Dennis Wilson here, in the sixties and seventies... I doubt there was a woman who would say no, and I can imagine quite a few men who wouldn't either.

And yes, it takes two to tango.

halblaineisgood
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2014, 11:33:55 PM »

« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 11:44:17 AM by Al Jardine: TheDickup Artist » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2014, 11:34:38 PM »

We're talking Dennis Wilson here, in the sixties and seventies... I doubt there was a woman who would say no, and I can imagine quite a few men who wouldn't either.
Do you have any evidence that indeed every woman fell under Dennis's spell? Only BBs wifes, & even that is highly doubted, as it was told by not-a-good-source Brian. In other words, you're exaggerating & overestimating Dennis's image.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Bill Ed
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2014, 12:47:38 AM »

Wouldn't Dennis Wilson and Mike Love's daughter be first cousins once removed.

I can't believe I've contributed to this mess. Won't someone please get rid of this thing?
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2014, 12:47:52 AM »

According to Brian when interviewed in 2005 (I think). He wasn't asked about that specifically, it just came out. The F Mac thing is common knowledge.

IIRC, the latter is disputed by Lindsey Buckingham's then girlfriend in her memoir -- she said that Dennis told Christine he'd bagged her just to piss Christine off.

Cheers,
Jon Blum
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2014, 01:10:17 AM »

Do you have any evidence that indeed every woman fell under Dennis's spell? Only BBs wifes, & even that is highly doubted, as it was told by not-a-good-source Brian. In other words, you're exaggerating & overestimating Dennis's image.

Over the years I've spoken with many women who came into Dennis orbit over the years and while their memories tended to vary, they all agreed on one thing: when he turned on the charm he was utterly irresistible. And very few did.  Smiley

Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2014, 09:10:21 AM »

Seeing as Dennis slept with the wives of everyone else in the band, and also every female in the F Mac organisation, integrity probably wasn't a word that featured large in his lexicon.

It takes two to tango. Why couldn't these women say no to "the wood"? Especially the wives. I mean c'mon..... show a little backbone (and backside too, while you're at it, hot mama, oh baby let the power thrill ya GAH!....get out).
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2014, 09:10:59 AM »

Didn't he also burn down a shack in Christine McVie's backyard?

Yes, but it was only caused by friction from.....THE WOOD.
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2014, 09:11:39 AM »

Over the years I've spoken with many women who came into Dennis

And vice versa.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2014, 09:12:43 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIsp5qMZT2s
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2014, 11:47:28 AM »

Over the years I've spoken with many women who came into Dennis

And vice versa.

LOL
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2014, 08:24:13 AM »

Over the years I've spoken with many women who came into Dennis orbit over the years and while their memories tended to vary, they all agreed on one thing: when he turned on the charm he was utterly irresistible. And very few did.  Smiley

Even Mrs. Jardine? That can't be true...

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »

How does this "Dr. Zombi" manage to keep starting threads that go on and on for pages and pages and yet he never comes back to them (or if he does, it's only to accuse others of being mean to him)?

Yes, it's a fascinating yet dark chapter of the BB story. Guess what? You've all still been rolled although I'm sure most of you are aware of that and happily play along.

How about a thread called I bet Al Jardine has a smaller penis than Brian because of their different proportions? The sad truth is that on a day like today when there's not much going on, I might actually click on such a thread just to see everybody argue about how insignificant their proportions are or the long term effects of Brian's meds on his health. Why can't we instead argue which song is greater? "In My Car" or "Island Girl"? I pick "In My Car" by a quarter of a mile.
Gregg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2014, 08:32:57 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd6iRgnLlBw
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2014, 08:39:37 PM »

"Many" doesn't equal "all", right? I'd give a hunch by many you mean 20 or so women, which isn't even the whole street, if we're talking from the geographic point of view. Don't you know the old saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? You have to understand that there could've been some millions of girls who absolutely ignored his "charms". So don't defend Dennis for every mere chance.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2014, 03:19:52 AM »

Seeing as English isn't your first language, allow me to explain: of the MANY women I've spoken to who knew Dennis, ALL of them agreed his charm was irresistible. That's all of the women I spoke to, not all of the women in the world. Hope that makes things clear.

You're not any kin to Ang Jones, are you ?  Grin

Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2014, 05:31:12 AM »

Why reference me? I rarely post on this MB so my name probably means little or nothing to most of those who do. A reference to the fact that I frequently get into arguments with "the Legendary" AGD I presume.  (Actually English IS my first language and I even use English spelling and dating rather than pretentiously using American spelling and dating as Mr Doe does.)

I don't doubt that many women (and quite a few men) found Dennis extremely attractive. I've seen him in concert and reasonably close up in real life and I'd agree with that assessment. However, I should think that for some his reputation as a womaniser would be a turn-off. Not everyone likes the idea of being another notch on the bed post especially for just a few minutes fun. There are more interesting aspects of Dennis' mythology IMO and I almost find it sad that FB features photographs of him more often than clips of his music. Dennis was so much more than just a pretty face - even his attractiveness wasn't just down to his looks. Real Beach Boy? Also a real songwriter and a real character - too real sometimes.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2014, 01:24:51 PM »

Wouldn't Dennis Wilson and Mike Love's daughter be first cousins once removed.

I can't believe I've contributed to this mess. Won't someone please get rid of this thing?

You are right, they were first cousins once removed. I always get that mixed up. So, technically, the answer to the thread question is no. Dennis didn't marry his second cousin.  Second cousins are the children of first cousins. In this case, only one was the child of the cousin.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx