gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 12:52:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Merged* Brian Wilson current album thread  (Read 568650 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2250 on: November 06, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »

So lovely that Daria made the cover art for her dad's new rec. And how! At 1st, those pilings reminded me of giant bishops from chess. Beautiful cover with ugly name. Altho, I might say that it does look very cool written in small letters and a little curved to the left. Modern touch, kind of. Dig the color contrast of gloomy & bright.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Vernon Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't fight the sea

View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: November 06, 2014, 11:04:35 PM »

I like the cover too but what a missed opportunity. If the album is finished why not issue it during the holiday gift purchasing  season?

Make waves, not love
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2252 on: November 06, 2014, 11:05:52 PM »

From FB

"I wanted to share some very exciting news with you – my new album ‘No Pier Pressure’ is finally finished and will be out in Spring of 2015! Full details will be announced after the first of the year. Check out the album art designed by Daria Wilson. Love and Mercy - Brian"

Leans back in chair, crosses arms and adopts expression of insufferable smugness.  Cheesy

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: November 06, 2014, 11:25:40 PM »

Adopts?

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: November 06, 2014, 11:32:40 PM »

From FB

"I wanted to share some very exciting news with you – my new album ‘No Pier Pressure’ is finally finished and will be out in Spring of 2015! Full details will be announced after the first of the year. Check out the album art designed by Daria Wilson. Love and Mercy - Brian"

Leans back in chair, crosses arms and adopts expression of insufferable smugness.  Cheesy

because you guessed that it wouldn't come out until after Christmas?

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: November 07, 2014, 01:56:45 AM »

Nope...Cause he said it wasn't coming out in December,as have many others.

At this point it's looking likely it's delayed until the movie, which is a shame for us who are counting the days  Undecided

I still hope it might be released in December  Smiley

Just did my Nostradamus routine*. Nope.  Grin

shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: November 07, 2014, 03:21:37 AM »

I LOVE that cover! Although I'm a graphic designer, most of my favorite album covers aren't the graphic tour de forces, but the simple covers with a picture that just captures the right mood. This one is brilliant in it's simplicity. It's got just the right mood and even though it's a picture taken on a beach, it looks nothing at all like any other album that Brian ever had anything to do with. If I had to nitpick, I personally would probably have gone for a slightly more subtle typography instead of the big bold yellow letters, but still: excellent cover art!
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: November 07, 2014, 05:20:50 AM »

Daria did a great job. Frankin Gothic rules.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2258 on: November 07, 2014, 05:28:21 AM »

Guess I'm the only one who doesn't like the cover art then...

Looks quite amateurish to me. The  "no pier pressure" sign doesn't blend with the background as it looks too shiny and out of place with its surroundings. It a nice pic but I'm not really feeling it for an album cover. Maybe when I hear the music or see it in high res, it will make more sense.

Opinions eh...what ya gonna do  Smokin

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: November 07, 2014, 05:54:06 AM »

From FB

then Mike Love gives you a back rub.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: November 07, 2014, 05:56:26 AM »

I like the cover. Brian's other covers were competent, but pretty boring. At least this one is kinda interesting.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: November 07, 2014, 06:23:48 AM »

Looks quite amateurish to me. The  "no pier pressure" sign doesn't blend with the background as it looks too shiny and out of place with its surroundings. It a nice pic but I'm not really feeling it for an album cover. Maybe when I hear the music or see it in high res, it will make more sense.

You're not alone, I just didn't want to piss in anyone's pocket, given a sibbling got the gig; which is a nice gesture.

Wonder if the back cover will be a vintage photo or artist impression of Carl and Mike reefing the TTGA master tape out of Brian's hands.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2262 on: November 07, 2014, 06:27:12 AM »

Search back to 2012 and find the prognosticator that predicted, no, INSISTED, that when the C50 tour hit the stage, there would be NO Fender gear whatsoever on stage. When Dave and Al played virtually nothing *but* Fender gear on the tour, somehow the smugness was more muted. I don’t recall a mea culpa on that one.

I don’t recall anyone much being insistent that the BW album would be out this year. Only hopeful. F*** fans for hoping the album would be out by the end of the year, right? Where do they get off? They’re probably the same a**holes that wanted that reunion tour to continue…….

In all seriousness, I think even the most hopeful fans guessed that once we hit October, it was unlikely to see anything this year (and probably not advisable if Brian wants decent publicity for the album). Being smug about a 2015 album announcement at this stage is kind of like citing Mike Love’s booking shows in 2014 as the “real proof” that the 2012 reunion tour was really over.

I think the album cover looks just fine, I dig it. I guess we can forego much debate about how much graphic design ability a cover like that requires. Don’t get me wrong, I actually dig more simplistic, minimalist album covers. They could put the thing is a plain white sleeve and I’d like it more than the “Gettin’ in Over My Head” cover.

I was somehow hoping we might get an album cover with a stylized interpretation of what the infamous “get Brian in a room to write songs” room would look like.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:28:14 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Nicko1234
« Reply #2263 on: November 07, 2014, 06:37:59 AM »

Little children marching along...
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2264 on: November 07, 2014, 06:50:45 AM »

The only thing I would question is the font they used for "Brian Wilson".  But that is nitpicking to the nth degree.  This is a pretty good cover.  Just hope the music within the album is satisfying.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Wylson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: November 07, 2014, 07:17:40 AM »

This might sound weird but... When I see Brian's name on this artwork I picture the young BW not the old one. This is by far the best BBs artwork since Love You.
Hot Rod
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: November 07, 2014, 07:42:16 AM »

I really love the cover art and the title. This is going to be such a great album.
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #2267 on: November 07, 2014, 08:02:01 AM »

Very nice cover by Daria.  And how refreshing to have a creative work by a Wilson without anyone feeling obligated to accuse it of being "auto-tuned."
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: November 07, 2014, 08:04:20 AM »

Very nice cover by Daria.  And how refreshing to have a creative work by a Wilson without anyone feeling obligated to accuse it of being "auto-tuned."

If it was possible to auto-tune artwork, Brian's peoples would do it

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: November 07, 2014, 08:07:17 AM »

From FB

How would we know the difference?
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: November 07, 2014, 08:08:43 AM »

The only thing I would question is the font they used for "Brian Wilson".  But that is nitpicking to the nth degree.  This is a pretty good cover.  Just hope the music within the album is satisfying.

I agree...and size and color.  The "Brian Wilson" doesn't fit with the vibe of the picture in any way.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: November 07, 2014, 08:11:24 AM »

For some reason I wonder if Joe Thomas has ever heard the Wiod Honey or So Tough albums....

Maybe just me.

No , me too

Interesting...

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2272 on: November 07, 2014, 08:14:32 AM »

Perfect!  LOL     Sometimes I get the feeling if Brian made a sandwich they'd accuse him of using auto-tune on the bread.

I really like the cover, it caught my eye right away. Interested to see how it looks on a vinyl LP cover.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2273 on: November 07, 2014, 08:40:49 AM »

Autotuna fish

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: November 07, 2014, 08:41:38 AM »

So lovely that Daria made the cover art for her dad's new rec. And how! At 1st, those pilings reminded me of giant bishops from chess. Beautiful cover with ugly name. Altho, I might say that it does look very cool written in small letters and a little curved to the left. Modern touch, kind of. Dig the color contrast of gloomy & bright.

I hadn't realized this, but it's supposed to be a sign attached to one of the columns. Not immediately noticeable unless you look at it full sized.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 ... 106 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx