-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:35:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Smoke 'em if you got 'em: The cigarettes thread
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smoke 'em if you got 'em: The cigarettes thread  (Read 9994 times)
halblaineisgood
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2014, 07:13:36 AM »

You guys brought up death. I brought up Hitler. I guess this thread is over?
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 07:18:32 AM »

MAKE THE LAST COMMENT AND LOCK IT...THEN U WIN!!!  Afro

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2014, 07:20:07 AM »

Some people like to smoke. Some people don't.

Some people like to over regulate what others like to do.

I am sorry some of you guys watched your relatives die horrible deaths because of the choices they made. But in the end, it was their choice and you have no right to tell another adult what they should or shouldn't enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:21:50 AM by pixletwin » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2014, 07:20:55 AM »

Love surround Me had this awesome thread it was called RIP ROCHUS MISCH. about  hitler's bodyguard. he just following orders and was a good man!
Give me the Nuremburg defense, Hands Down, anyday over  the banality of evil! Now there was a great thread. def not dumb bullshit.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014, 07:23:11 AM »

So what if he was evil...he was actually a good guy!

halblaineisgood
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2014, 07:26:17 AM »

Even better : Reporting the topic to the mods. If you truly are my Retrokid analog, you'll do this for me.  Love
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2014, 07:31:02 AM »

I just saw this.

Jarhead, go back to the survivor threads where you belong.

Damn you. You made the monkey cry.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2014, 07:35:35 AM »

Well...

This is certainly a low point.
Jason
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2014, 07:45:19 AM »

There is no problem with this topic whatsoever, people. It's not the OP's fault if you chose to be offended by it. The thread will remain open.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2014, 07:46:37 AM »

I've always enjoyed cigarettes.  I like the smell.

Addicting?
I smoked regularly for about a year or two.  That was 20 years ago.  Had no problem quitting, despite the addiction hysteria.  Likewise, my grandfather and grandmother went cold-turkey after smoking for decades.  I think my grandpappy smoked 4 packs a day!  They too said it wasn't hard to quit.  My other grandfather struggled with quitting -- but he eventually did.

What's addicting is whatever you feel you need.  Be it beer, wine, sex, drugs, glue, hamburgers, music, wife-beating, sword-swallowing, racing cars, singing, whizzing off your deck.  I know some things are seriously and physically addicting like morphine and heroin.  Tobacco and alcohol may certainly be as well, but I don't think we have a firm grasp on this phenomenon.

Deadly?
I occasionally have a cigarette now and then -- but very, very rarely.  I have a pipe, which is awesome -- and great for filling the house with a bouquet of aroma's.  I love cigars, but also very rarely.  I feel like I have to shave my tongue in the morning.

Tobacco has been shown to cause and/or increase the risk of cancer and I believe it can.  We know so little about our bodies, nutrition and cancer -- and that's a fact.  And I am 100% positive -- something will kill you.  I guarantee it.

Death is a part of life.  It's natural and nothing to be ashamed of.  That can be a hard thing for people to accept and comprehend -- and I understand that.  But it's worth it to try and more so to succeed in doing so.  Doing the opposite will fill you with anger and resentment and that too causes cancer.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:48:22 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

halblaineisgood
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2014, 07:56:59 AM »

I know this thread would have faded away quite quickly if not for Jarhead, and his need to be on the side that's winning. Jay said his piece, and that's fine. And I was just going to forget about it. Like I said, f*** this thread. Smoking. Message boards. it's all trivial. But I knew. I KNEW. IN THE DEEPEST FIBER OF MY BEING, that Jarhead would be the next post I wish I could've bet a million gazillion dollars that Jarhead would post. He is so predictable. Always trying to throw his non-existent weight around in order to appear knowledgeable, or experienced, or sympathetic in any way .  

halblaineisgood
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2014, 07:58:06 AM »

There is no problem with this topic whatsoever, people. It's not the OP's fault if you chose to be offended by it. The thread will remain open.
I'm more than happy to get back on topic.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:02:25 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2014, 07:58:30 AM »

I've smoked on and off since my teens. I'm now on e-cigs but have accepted that when I go out for a beer I need the real thing. I think I can live with being a social smoker nowadays.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2014, 07:59:38 AM »

Even better : Reporting the topic to the mods. If you truly are my Retrokid analog, you'll do this for me.  Love
And You are the new OSD analog.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: