gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680845 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 10:08:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brother Re-Issues: Proposed Bonus Tracks  (Read 172991 times)
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2014, 05:17:50 PM »

I have a compilation CD that was done by Rhino for the re-release of  Brian's first LP with bonus tracks. It says "All selections are from rough sources only and in no way reflect the quality of the final product." So if he is faking, its pretty good. Mine is official product.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2014, 05:40:13 PM »

I can't go into details, track descriptions, blah blah blah. But I will say that after having heard a few samples IMO Klay has access to some unbooted and uncirculated material, at least from my perspective he does.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:07:58 PM by Jon Stebbins » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2014, 05:52:18 PM »

Well there you go...

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bryand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2014, 06:06:30 PM »

I can only imagine how the folks at BRI and Capitol are dealing with this. Beach Boys boots that have been around for decades get pulled from eBay within a matter of hours, something revelatory like this must really get heads rolling.

Why do I imagine men in black suits showing up at OPs house with a brief case and an offer he "can't refuse"?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2014, 07:27:31 PM »

I can't go into details, track descriptions, blah blah blah. But I will say that after having heard a few samples IMO Klay has access to some unbooted and uncirculated material, at least from my perspective he does.

I hope all the negativity posters will now be eating they're words with a fork and spoon....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2014, 07:42:25 PM »

Cool!  As I said in my initial post expressing skepticism, starting off by saying the whole thing sounded like a crock of BS, I asked Klay a number of questions, then added "I'd absolutely love to discover that this is genuine, either as a bootleg, or less likely, an actual working CD intended for Capitol Records."  

So Klay, please check in here and let us know - does what you have look like a one-of-a-kind article, or does it appear to be a bootleg designed to look like a one-of-a-kind article?

Addressing DonnyL's concern about the lack of civility in this thread and on the board in general, in some cases I've gotta agree with him completely, especially with endless arguments and insults.  In rereading my initial post on this tread, I can see how some might take it as rude, but the intent of my post, expressing skepticism and asking Klay for numerous details, was to get him back here with more info.  If I were in possession of Klay's new find and a number of people expressed doubt, those posts would actually prompt me to come back with more posts to prove the legitimacy of my find.  

Back to DonnyL, please keep posting, because your posts, which make clear your expertise in and knowledge of recording media and equipment, have been some of the most interesting on this board.  And, for the record, I've never been in a back and forth argument with anyone on this board!  But I do see how my initial post in this thread could be interpreted as overly confrontational, and I do have a tendency at times to react skeptically this way in person, with a big smile on my face.  In those situations most people know to throw it right back to me, also with a big smile on their face, but in some cases this approach has backfired on me, and I end up apologizing.  So Klay and DonnyL and please keep on posting.  My apologizes if my posts upset either one of you.  And please stop being so damn sensitive!  Oops, sorry, lost my head!   Smiley

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2014, 07:46:03 PM »

I hope all the negativity posters will now be eating they're words with a fork and spoon....

.... You gotta catch a bootleg and you'll be sitting on top of the world!
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2014, 07:59:31 PM »

Donny, quit cryin'. What gets me the most is the ultra sensitive posters here. Get thicker skins, people! Geez, this board is no different now than it's always been. You wouldn't have lasted two shits on the Male Ego board.

The ability to keep hanging round in an environment filled with pointless bitchiness is not actually a badge of honor.

Or to put it another way:  Get social skiills, people!  Geez.

Cheers,
Jon Blum
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2014, 08:04:04 PM »

It's unfortunate that if this were to strangely and mysteriously leak now, we'd all know who might've strangely and mysteriously leaked it.

Oh well, maybe Klay can give us some nice descriptions of the tracks?

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2014, 08:09:07 PM »

.... You gotta catch a bootleg and you'll be sitting on top of the world!
LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2014, 08:22:02 PM »

I'm on the fence leaning to the negativity side. I'm with the "I'll believe it when I see it" contingent. I'm wondering what I'd do if I had this bootleg (if there really is one). Would I post on this board telling everyone I had it or would I e-mail/PM a select few? One way or the other, I would definitely have the gonads to answer questions about it after my initial posts. You gotta share the fun with other fans, that's all there is to it. That's what this board's about. Don't want people asking for more information or bugging you for copies? Then don't post about it in the first place.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2014, 08:23:41 PM »

Donny, quit cryin'. What gets me the most is the ultra sensitive posters here. Get thicker skins, people! Geez, this board is no different now than it's always been. You wouldn't have lasted two shits on the Male Ego board.

The ability to keep hanging round in an environment filled with pointless bitchiness is not actually a badge of honor.

Or to put it another way:  Get social skiills, people!  Geez.

Cheers,
Jon Blum

Well said, Jon. I coulda said it better myself!  Smiley

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2014, 08:31:41 PM »

Mikie, you know I love ya, but...

Klay DID post descriptions of the "'Til I Die" piano demo, the "This Whole World" long version, the Al version of "Love is a Woman," and a couple others.

If Jon Stebbins says that he's heard some of the material, and in his opinion it's legit, then I believe him.

I do have a theory though:
- Record shop gets printed up Capitol in-house CD-R set, stamped with all kind of legal warnings all over it.
- Instead of selling the original, which would in the words of Yngwie Malmsteem, "unleash the f**kin' fury" on the record store, employee burns copy, creates handwritten inserts (including a few ad libs here and there), and puts it out in the bins.

Which means that the original would be out there somewhere...

Lee

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2014, 08:38:18 PM »

If that's the case, more copies will be burned - someone should check out that store  Smiley

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2014, 08:50:53 PM »

I was thinking that, too. If it's a copy, it's bound to get replenished at some point. I would go check the store out myself, but it's about an hour and a half drive to get there.

Anybody else willing to go down and look? Maybe someone who works there will have some answers.
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2014, 08:53:41 PM »

If that's the case, more copies will be burned - someone should check out that store  Smiley

I already called them and offered to buy whatever they had, sight unseen. The guy on the phone, while really pleasant, had no memory of ever having those titles in stock. He even went and checked the stacks for me.

I think if there was some sort of shenanigans going on he would have reacted differently-- just the impression I received.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:54:56 PM by Jason Penick » Logged

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2014, 08:56:51 PM »

I'm on the fence leaning to the negativity side. I'm with the "I'll believe it when I see it" contingent. I'm wondering what I'd do if I had this bootleg (if there really is one). Would I post on this board telling everyone I had it or would I e-mail/PM a select few? One way or the other, I would definitely have the gonads to answer questions about it after my initial posts. You gotta share the fun with other fans, that's all there is to it. That's what this board's about. Don't want people asking for more information or bugging you for copies? Then don't post about it in the first place.

Personally I would have kept it on the down low, but I also don't go to zoos to dangle sirloin steaks in front of the lion cage either.

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2014, 08:58:12 PM »

I know there's been cases during Record Store Day that rare and/or limited edition records have been put out there on the shelf. And when they're gone, they're gone, and very quickly unless there's one or two behind the counter unclaimed. I witnessed it first hand (on the same day) with the Good Vibrations 78 album and the autographed Jardine "Don't Fight The Sea" single on white vinyl. And I've been told that I just missed out on a Dennis Wilson POB on blue vinyl by one day and another Beach Boys boot from this store that I haven't heard about or seen since. So I know a one-of-a-kind boot in a record store is not out of the question. I don't get out to record stores much anymore, but I do know that legit record stores usually don't put boots out on the racks very often anymore. I know of at least four record stores that I use to get stuff from have since shut down. Why? Because they were selling bootlegs and got popped. I'm hoping that Klay's find has the origins of another "Get The Boot" release.  Grin  OK, OK, I'm suppose to be pessimistic here...

Lee, I love you too man, but........you're married.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:01:57 PM by Mikie » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »

I hereby declare myself officially confussed.  Old Man

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2014, 11:00:30 PM »

Not everyone spends their life on the internet.

What a daft reply. The guy takes the time and effort to join up on Smiley Smile, photograph the CD's, post them on here for all to see, but, oh, then he's not overly concerned with whatever reaction they inspire...? That's just plain odd. And I notice he's had the time to start up another thread, so hey, the guys online. It's a hoax, for whatever reason (just wanting to get noticed/a wind-up/etc.) and he ain't responding because he's been caught out and he just plain can't answer the questions that're being asked i.e. 'Oh, cool find! So what does (insert song here) sound like?'
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2014, 02:44:38 AM »

Not everyone spends their life on the internet.

What a daft reply. The guy takes the time and effort to join up on Smiley Smile, photograph the CD's, post them on here for all to see, but, oh, then he's not overly concerned with whatever reaction they inspire...? That's just plain odd. And I notice he's had the time to start up another thread, so hey, the guys online. It's a hoax, for whatever reason (just wanting to get noticed/a wind-up/etc.) and he ain't responding because he's been caught out and he just plain can't answer the questions that're being asked i.e. 'Oh, cool find! So what does (insert song here) sound like?'
His profile says he joined the Board in 2011. He is an infrequent poster if you have a look. Whatever the source of these songs, I sure was enjoying all the posts until it went a bit negative and Klay stopped posting. If it's a hoax, what a fun one. TID demo? Let's hoax it up some more.  Grin   I believe him myself but then again I seem to be wrong about something every day.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
bryand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2014, 04:07:58 AM »

I am very much in agreement that Klay does not have the only copy outside of official sources. I think that it is not a question of "if" it gets leaked but rather "when" (and I do not mean by Klay). I personally hope that this material gets an official release and beats the bootlegers but with MIC just coming out last year, I have a feeling the we have gotten all that we are going to get for a little while (though I hope that I am proven wrong!).
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2014, 06:50:15 AM »

Well then, I'm a believer.

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2014, 08:23:54 AM »

Didya see her face ?

Is there a trace...

Of doubt in your mind ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2014, 11:32:04 AM »

Pretty cool find aye.

Surprised no one has asked about alternate Til I Die lyrics, or is it just cause they're the 'positive' interpretation "it lifts me up...I'll find my way..." Etc etc?

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx