-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Peeves
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 177148 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 19, 2018, 06:26:54 AM »

Are you still in touch with Emily? She made some great posts in her day...
When she visited this board. She said she's FB friends with Smiley posters, maybe they talk there.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 19, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »

guys who don't leave the seat down
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 19, 2018, 10:31:34 AM »

guys who don't leave the seat down

On the flip side of this, women (or men) who complain about men doing this because they nearly fell into the toilet. It’s like, do you not look before you go to sit down somewhere? As disgusting as leaving the seat up is, for the love of it when it comes to a toilet it’s in your best interest to look at where you’re about to sit, regardless of the seat issue.

That being said, you’re totally right. I think some university did a study and found that when you flush and leave the seat up, tiny particles and liquid from the toilet shoot out all over the bathroom. Makes me cringe when those automatic flushers in public restrooms go off.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:32:08 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 19, 2018, 10:38:05 AM »

Public restrooms.... Tongue

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 19, 2018, 10:42:29 AM »

Public restrooms.... Tongue

When I use the men's restroom I don't care. When I use the women's restroom I care a lot!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2018, 11:35:16 AM »

I've been seeing a lot of people mixing up the words "ever" and "every". It's quickly becoming a pet peeve.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2018, 12:28:27 PM »

I don't even understand how someone could every do that. But I guess you learn something new ever day...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2018, 01:19:21 PM »

Are you still in touch with Emily? She made some great posts in her day...
When she visited this board. She said she's FB friends with Smiley posters, maybe they talk there.

Thanks, RR. That's cool if they do.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2018, 01:21:15 PM »

I don't even understand how someone could every do that. But I guess you learn something new ever day...

LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 19, 2018, 03:50:57 PM »

And the captain's wit is at it again! Grin

Speaking of, well, improper speaking, someone I know keeps referring to carbon monoxide as CO2. What happened to basic understandings of suf- and prefixes?

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 23, 2018, 06:51:39 AM »

Not a pet peeve exactly, but someone owes me over $200 in utilities, and it's pissing me off. Granted, he's in a tight financial situation because his cat just got dental surgery, but... this poor cat had a dental disease, and he was feeding him cheap dry food. He never took any preventative measures, and it wasn't until his cat was literally pawing at his face in pain until he did something (instead of doing it earlier when it would have been cheaper and they wouldn't have had to remove most of his teeth?) And now, a few days after surgery, his cat had already gone back on dry food.... Also, he never cleans his litter box.
To boot, this person also drinks on a daily basis, supposedly to help him sleep, but using alcohol to fall asleep every night just causes insomnia and dries your bank account. He's either at bars or downing a six pack (or both) every night. I'm not living with this person anymore, fortunately, but he has literally never paid me for utilities in the year we were roommates... Maybe I sound harsh, but I don't know how you can be 28 and not have any financial responsibility (or know how to take care of your cat!).

(this is not Bubbly Waves, to be clear. Bubs and I had to suffer through shitty roommates together.)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:52:28 AM by undercover-m » Logged

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 23, 2018, 07:11:17 AM »

I hear you on bad roommates.... Tongue

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 23, 2018, 07:11:51 AM »

And you've triggered me...

Circa 2002ish, mid-twentysomething me agrees with one of my roommates that his girlfriend should move in. (That would make four of us, but it was a five-bedroom house. Ought not have been an issue.) They broke up almost immediately. They both remained in the house anyway. So, awkward start.

She began using her depression as an excuse for everything. Now, I'm not insensitive to depression: several members of my immediate family have been diagnosed and treated (and frankly I could quite easily go get formally diagnosed and treated as well, but I feel like I get by OK), to say nothing of assorted friends in similar boats. So believe me, I get it. But that doesn't mean you're absolved of responsibility to, you know, pay rent. Or utilities. Or cable. Or whatever. Yes, yes, you're poor because you didn't go to work this week because of your depression. But I noticed the stack of CDs and the stack of DVDs you bought on new release day. I noticed your nights at the bar. And so on.

There are so many stories that go beyond the scope of this conversation, but I'll spare you. Suffice to say, she inspired me to get my sh*t together, save money, rent my own place, and just more or less accept that I'll never see the thousand-plus dollars she never did bother paying.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 23, 2018, 08:16:45 AM »

Mine was kinda along those lines....

Anyway, my roommate had his crazy GF move in and they had intercourse 5-6 times a day. How do I know, the house's paper thin walls and the guy later seeing a doctor....

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 04, 2018, 12:08:51 AM »

People working in food shops don't check expiration dates - if it runs out, the prices stay the same. Which is big cheat. It's big consumer rule - here at least - that when the food's date expires, the shops must diminish the price. It's really maddening. Sure, food doesn't get stale just few days past expiration date, it can be edible, depending which food it is, but it's violating the rule.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 04, 2018, 04:29:01 AM »

People working in food shops don't check expiration dates - if it runs out, the prices stay the same. Which is big cheat. It's big consumer rule - here at least - that when the food's date expires, the shops must diminish the price. It's really maddening. Sure, food doesn't get stale just few days past expiration date, it can be edible, depending which food it is, but it's violating the rule.

Sometimes my local supermarket sticks a label over the best-by date on milk cartons and the like that says "There's nothing wrong with this product. Buy it and help save the environment". Grin

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2018, 06:28:43 AM »

Markets here in the US might have items, mainly vegetables and meats, with a tag saying "reduced for quick sale" if their time for expiration was approaching.
At bakeries, day old pastries are sold at a discount. Steaming or microwaving for a few seconds usually make them taste just fine.

But I am noticing more and more that stores aren't checking the expiration dates for items. Yes, a lot of products can be eaten past the expiry date but I don't want to take a chance with meat, fish or milk. My Mother drinks milk and it's frustrating to open the container and it's already gone bad.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
KDS
« Reply #292 on: June 04, 2018, 07:26:02 AM »

Markets here in the US might have items, mainly vegetables and meats, with a tag saying "reduced for quick sale" if their time for expiration was approaching.
At bakeries, day old pastries are sold at a discount. Steaming or microwaving for a few seconds usually make them taste just fine.

But I am noticing more and more that stores aren't checking the expiration dates for items. Yes, a lot of products can be eaten past the expiry date but I don't want to take a chance with meat, fish or milk. My Mother drinks milk and it's frustrating to open the container and it's already gone bad.

Yep, that happened to me on a fairly recent trip to the grocery store.   I took some a container of milk without looking, and the expiration date had already come and gone.   
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 04, 2018, 08:01:17 AM »

Decided to delete post. Just frustrated at how my country is going downhill.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:04:34 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 04, 2018, 05:55:11 PM »

That's too bad. I was about to comment on it.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 05, 2018, 02:28:49 AM »

I've got into trouble in the past for deleting stuff too hastily. These days I save anything I delete just in case someone like Choc has already decided to pitch in.

What you consider to be over the top may make perfect sense to others. ;=)

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 05, 2018, 04:49:56 AM »

It's a big pet peeve of mine - how so many in the U.S. are satisfied with our country being "mediocre" in regards to health care, education , etc. 

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 13, 2018, 07:35:42 AM »

Anyway, my roommate had his crazy GF move in and they had intercourse 5-6 times a day. How do I know, the house's paper thin walls and the guy later seeing a doctor....

LOL

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 26, 2018, 04:36:28 PM »

Mobile phone operators = clueless stupid fakedly polite
slowpokes' club.
Frankly lotta things & people annoy - about 85%.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 07:55:53 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 02, 2018, 08:22:52 AM »

When invited to people's house, the hosts say "Pics disallowed". Yep, big crime to steal cool creative interior design ideas to use in house you live.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: