-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:56:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Australian Smilers - Community Radio under threat!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Australian Smilers - Community Radio under threat!  (Read 8285 times)
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2014, 05:27:37 PM »

Howdy - for those of you Australians who appreciate the diversity of music (local and overseas) and opinion offered by community radio (3rrr - who've had Van Dyke Parks in when in town, pbs, mbs, 4ZZZ in Brisbane); there's trouble a'brewin'!!! with the government threatening to cut funding to the community broadcasting sector.

Please consider using the below link which provides the ability to send an email to Joe Hockey, letting him and his entourage know it's an important issue.  Be Quick!  It's coming to a head on Monday  Shocked

http://committocommunityradio.org.au/hockey

"Community radio provides vital content for so many different communities, especially Indigenous, ethnic, seniors, youth, the vision impaired, religious, and the arts. We can't afford to lose any of the stations who provide the local content that commercial and public broadcasters can't or won't cater for"

Thanks,

Alan Smith

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
bluesno1fann
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 05:30:41 PM »

Will do immediately. Fuckin' Liberals ruining this country, they're not touching our community radio!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 05:37:17 PM »

when did you turn into an 80 year old man
bluesno1fann
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 05:41:16 PM »

when did you turn into an 80 year old man

The Liberal Party ARE ruining this country! If you lived here you'd understand. Wish Labor was still in power, I'd rather have small leadership problems than large problems with this country!

Some of the brilliant stuff Liberal has done is increase the retirement age to 70, planning to get rid of Medicare, and more and more taxes, etc. And now they're going to screw up Community Radio!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »

Well, yes, I agree the Liberal party is steering a direct course down the s-bend (suprise, suprise) but Labor are equally out of touch with the voting community and it's likely the similar threats and rabid incompetence would equally ooze from their offices.

Both major parties continue to wallowing in explicit or implicit corrupt bubble-world behaviour that serves only to benefit their post-political careers and personal gain.

Anyways, thanks for your interest re the OT - let yer buddies know!!!

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

bluesno1fann
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 06:28:44 PM »

Well, yes, I agree the Liberal party is steering a direct course down the s-bend (suprise, suprise) but Labor are equally out of touch with the voting community and it's likely the similar threats and rabid incompetence would equally ooze from their offices.

Both major parties continue to wallowing in explicit or implicit corrupt bubble-world behaviour that serves only to benefit their post-political careers and personal gain.

Anyways, thanks for your interest re the OT - let yer buddies know!!!

You're right. At the end, it's all picking your opinion on the lesser of the two evils.

And glad to help with the Community Radio Email!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 03:42:53 PM »

Pirate Pirate Pirate

Yay, we did it!

The powers that be have maintained the Community radio funding.  For now.

Cheers,

A

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 07:31:08 PM »

If I`m not mistaken, the term "liberal" has different connotations in Australia than in the US. Please correct me if I`m wrong, but an Australian liberal would probably be labeled a conservative in the States.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 07:38:31 PM »

all in all.........

the world is f***ed!

governments and religion(s) have f***ed this planet.....

god really f***ed up when he made man... he blames satin and all that crap, but he is the so called creator....... damn dumb ass!

so enjoy what he have left........ we live and die, simple as that.

so play more BB/BW tunes while you can

Rb

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 09:12:59 PM »

Your on some serious chemicals if you think the ALP under Shorten are good for this Country..

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 10:41:27 PM »

all in all.........

the world is f***ed!

god really f***ed up when he made man... he blames satin and all that crap, but he is the so called creator....... damn dumb ass!

Rb

Yup, satin has a lot to answer for (Daryl Braithwaite) LOL

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 04:41:11 AM »

If I`m not mistaken, the term "liberal" has different connotations in Australia than in the US. Please correct me if I`m wrong, but an Australian liberal would probably be labeled a conservative in the States.

Yes, it's got a different meaning in Australia. Here, the two main political parties are Labor and Liberal.

At the moment, Liberal is in power, and contrary to what they promised in the election last year, they've been putting out new taxes, trying to increase the retirement age to 70, failing to stop the asylum seeker boats from landing, etc.
They mainly care for the rich, not the Working Class. It's ridiculous, and I can't wait until 2017 (by then I'll be old enough) to vote them out of office!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 03:05:21 AM »

all in all.........

the world is f***ed!

Rb

Yup, satin has a lot to answer for (Daryl Braithwaite) LOL

LOL yeah, and add Mike Love's Pet Sounds costume as per his appearance in Deadman's Curve to the list

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 09:10:47 PM »

Yes, it's got a different meaning in Australia. Here, the two main political parties are Labor and Liberal.

At the moment, Liberal is in power, and contrary to what they promised in the election last year, they've been putting out new taxes, trying to increase the retirement age to 70, failing to stop the asylum seeker boats from landing, etc.
They mainly care for the rich, not the Working Class. It's ridiculous, and I can't wait until 2017 (by then I'll be old enough) to vote them out of office!

Did you just make all  that up? Seriously do some research before you vote incorrectly

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 01:46:23 AM »

Did you just make all  that up? Seriously do some research before you vote incorrectly
Don't sweat it, man - dude's some way off the legal voting age from what I understand

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

bluesno1fann
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 02:58:10 AM »

Don't sweat it, man - dude's some way off the legal voting age from what I understand

Since when has two years been "way off"?!

And if you disagree and think I'm wrong, how about explaining why you think it's wrong. You just blurted your opinion without explanation...
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 03:03:39 AM »

I can't wait until 2017 (by then I'll be old enough) to vote them out of office!

You could be 13 to anyone reading this...don't get grumpy with Alan Smith who was backing you up - you can only get away with that when you're actually 80

bluesno1fann
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 03:17:10 AM »

I can't wait until 2017 (by then I'll be old enough) to vote them out of office!

You could be 13 to anyone reading this...don't get grumpy with Alan Smith who was backing you up - you can only get away with that when you're actually 80

I was mainly fine with Alan, most of the comment went to 18thOfMay.

And if I was 13 (or 14), I wouldn't be old enough to vote in what is at the moment, a January 2017 election.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 07:31:47 PM »

Well the boats have stopped and the levy they are introducing is on the "rich". If you earn over $180,000 you pay an extra 2%. The retirement age was tabled to be raise to 67 in 2023 by the previous Govt. And is inline with their projections from as far back as 2009.

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 09:40:27 PM »

Well the boats have stopped and the levy they are introducing is on the "rich". If you earn over $180,000 you pay an extra 2%. The retirement age was tabled to be raise to 67 in 2023 by the previous Govt. And is inline with their projections from as far back as 2009.

Fair enough, good point. Thanks for the explanation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: