gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:13:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will we get Deluxe versions of the albums not reissued a couple years ago?  (Read 5563 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2014, 05:07:52 PM »

I was thinking, there must have been a reason why a lot of their albums weren't included when they were re-released a couple years ago, one speculation was they had no stereo mixes of "Surfin' Safari" and "Wild Honey" but that doesn't explain the reason why the other albums weren't re-issued, now I'm wondering if we'll get deluxe 2 disc versions of the other albums with bonus tracks... if not I think that it would be a good idea..it could be something like this.
1. "Surfin' Safari"- featuring the original mixes and the demos and stack o tracks from the sessions, as well as the Hite Morgan tapes, home recordings and sessions Brian produced with other people.
2. Wild Honey- Original mix, any stereo mixes they could place on it, Lei'd in Hawaii, alt takes, live version of some of the songs, stack o tracks etc.
3. Friends- original mix, Demos, unreleased rare songs, stack o track, alt takes, live performances.
4. 20/20- original mix, Dennis' singles, Sound of free, Lady, 4th of july, old man sunshine, loop de loop, stack o tracks, single mixes, unreleased songs from "landlocked", live performances, demos... etc
5. CATP- Unreleased songs, live performances, Demos, alt takes, stack o tracks, single mixes etc.
6. Holland- unreleased songs, demos , live performances, stack o tracks, out takes, alt takes etc
7. 15 big ones- all the songs recorded for the album but left off, live performances, demos, stack o tracks, single mixes, alt takes etc
8. Love you- demo's, Adult Child, live performances, alt takes, stack o tracks etc
9. MIU- alt takes, demo's (if they exist) unreleased songs, complete Christmas album on disc 2, stack o tracks etc
10. La Light- unreleased songs, demos (if they exist) stack o tracks, single mixes/edits etc..
11.KTSA- Demo's (if they exist) the soundtrack songs from the 70's, almost summer and other "Celebration" songs, unreleased songs, stack o tracks, alt takes,live performances.
12.Beach Boys- a complete remix to bring the sound up to date, Demo's (if they exist) stack o tracks, Rock n roll to the rescue, California dreamin, and some duets and soundtrack songs.
13. Still Cruisin- other duets and soundtrack recordings, demo's (if they exist), stack o tracks, single mixes, Spanish version on Kokomo, etc
14. summer in paradise- both US and UK, songs from soundtracks, duets, stack o tracks, live performances ....etc
other possibilities
15. beach boys Christmas- both Christmas albums, complete (if not on MIU) , original in stereo and mono, stack o tracks, alt takes, single mixes
16. Concert- Mono and stereo (if possible), live highlights from the early years
17. Live in London- live highlights from the late 60's
18. in concert- live highlights from the early 70's
19. The complete Andy Paley sessions (just for the heck of it)
20. Stars and stripes- with sail on sailor (assuming they recorded it) and In my room and any other song left off, a couple stack o tracks (warmth of the sun and caroline no) and live performances disc 2 can be a dvd re-release of Nashville sounds,,,
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:44:17 PM by joshferrell » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:12:53 PM »

Seems to me that the one's that got reissued did so because they had both a mono and a stereo mix.
Like you say, Surfin Safari and Wild Honey only have mono mixes and albums like Friends and Surf's Up only have the stereo mix.

I would love to get deluxe reissues of these albums, though. Definitely high-up on the wish list.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 07:02:28 PM »

Seems to me that the one's that got reissued did so because they had both a mono and a stereo mix.

Except for Sunflower and Surf's Up, that is.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 07:03:07 PM »

Endless Summer deluxe including bonus tracks: 409, Little Honda, Dance Dance Dance, When I Grow Up, Barbara Ann, Wouldn't it Be Nice, Do It Again and Kokomo.  Razz
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:06:52 PM by Magic Transistor Radio » Logged

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:42:35 PM »

Endless Summer deluxe including bonus tracks: 409, Little Honda, Dance Dance Dance, When I Grow Up, Barbara Ann, Wouldn't it Be Nice, Do It Again and Kokomo.  Razz
In stereo...lol...
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 07:51:51 PM »

Endless Summer deluxe including bonus tracks: 409, Little Honda, Dance Dance Dance, When I Grow Up, Barbara Ann, Wouldn't it Be Nice, Do It Again and Kokomo.  Razz
In stereo...lol...

Liner notes by Mike Love discussing his concept album  LOL

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 12:45:44 AM »

I  feel some of the albums weren't reissued because they wouldn't sell... no one's gonna pay for CAPT
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:00:01 AM by Gabo » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 01:13:45 AM »

I  feel some of the albums weren't reissued because they wouldn't sell... no one's gonna pay for CAPT

I'd pay for CATP  LOL

Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 01:36:51 AM »

I'd pay for CATP  LOL

You wanna buy mine for $500  Grin
bluesno1fann
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 01:50:09 AM »

I'd pay for CATP  LOL

You wanna buy mine for $500  Grin

If signed, maybe :D

Seriously though, I was mainly talking about retail
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 02:35:01 AM »

Never get tired of asking for this (just in case):

The Beach Boys In Concert Super Deluxe box set.
- Original In Concert 2LP on 1 CD
- Live selected shows 1971-75 (4CD)
- Carnegie Hall 1972 live film DVD
- Original Rough Mix single-LP
- 40 page booklet
All packed in a Tour Road Case with the Brother Records logo.

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 05:59:03 AM »

CATP is my 3rd Favourite Beach Boys album.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 06:06:30 AM »

Who outside of the hardcore fan base knows about that album? I agree, it wouldn't sell.

Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »

it took me a few years to like CATPT. I was something completly different when i heart iit for the first time.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 02:10:44 PM »

People would pay for Holland, Love You and perhaps even LA Light.
All these should be reissued with bonus tracks. Anything after LA Light is probably not worth the trouble and I cannot really see why 15BO and MIU should be reissued. I don't believe many would want CATP either.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 05:41:23 PM »

Who outside of the hardcore fan base knows about that album? I agree, it wouldn't sell.

Nobody knows about Smiley Smile, Sunflower, and Surf's Up, but at least they are critically acclaimed. CATP has only eight songs, most of which aren't great. It's a middling release and probably wouldn't fare well on its own. It's very telling they paired it with Pet Sounds for its initial release.

Anyway, the twofers are really the way to go. It's just a much better deal for fans.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:45:32 PM by Gabo » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 05:47:34 PM »

Nobody knows about Smiley Smile, Sunflower, and Surf's Up, but at least they are critically acclaimed. CATP has only eight songs, most of which aren't great. It's a middling release and probably wouldn't fare well on its own. It's very telling they paired it with Pet Sounds for its initial release.

Anyway, the twofers are really the way to go. It's just a much better deal for fans.

You may not like it, but Holland is critically acclaimed as well.

And just because you don't like it, doesn't mean CATP is a particularly bad album. I'm fairly sure that many people here (at least) would pay for it by itself.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 06:04:04 PM »

People would pay for Holland, Love You and perhaps even LA Light.
Who in their right mind would spend money on the tragic boredom that is L.A. (Light Album)?

You may not like it, but Holland is critically acclaimed as well.
Kinda.

I'm fairly sure that many people here (at least) would pay for it by itself.
Well, this is a Beach Boys board, so...
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »

If a Stereo Wild Honey never get's released I'll die a very unhappy man

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 06:35:24 PM »

damn straight bubbly. who gives a sh*t about baby blue, good timin, and love surrounds me? its 'the tragic boredom'.  Roll Eyes

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 07:01:49 PM »

who gives a sh*t about baby blue, good timin, and love surrounds me?

Other than the scant few who reside on this forum, pretty much no one.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:03:08 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 07:11:58 PM »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:59:33 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 08:33:20 PM »

If a Stereo Wild Honey never gets released I'll die a very unhappy man
"Wild_Honey_in_Stereo" - that was your old nick, if I recall. Sounded cool.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »

Pretty sure she was sarcastic. But seriously, it seems like those who are familiar with those 3 songs hold it with pretty high regard. All 3 are brilliant songs, and I'd say a lot of people who don't care are those who don't know the songs.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »

Pretty sure she was sarcastic. But seriously, it seems like those who are familiar with those 3 songs hold it with pretty high regard. All 3 are brilliant songs, and I'd say a lot of people who don't care are those who don't know the songs.

She was indeed being sarcastic.
Honestly, I think if you showed those songs to an any average music listener, they would be completely indifferent to them. They're just not that great.
However, we here on the Smiley Smile board appreciate the songs on a deeper level than a casual music fan could. Our knowledge of the band, love for the members, and desire to find something worthy in every song colo(u)rs our impressions - we're a tad skewed.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx