-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:12:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Brian Wilson...Pro-Choice Activist?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson...Pro-Choice Activist?  (Read 36662 times)
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 07:48:50 AM »

If you feed Brian a steady diet of steak & birthday cake served by a pretty young girl, and keep the jukebox stocked with Spector songs, he'll be anything you want for as long as you like. Fact.  Grin
Ka-ching!  Which sums up the bulk of "pro-choicers."  Go with the flow?   LOL  I would assume its the pro-life people who've put thought into it.

Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 08:08:05 AM »

If you feed Brian a steady diet of steak & birthday cake served by a pretty young girl, and keep the jukebox stocked with Spector songs, he'll be anything you want for as long as you like. Fact.  Grin
Ka-ching!  Which sums up the bulk of "pro-choicers."  Go with the flow?   LOL  I would assume its the pro-life people who've put thought into it.

I think I'm going to throw up.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
rattfink
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 08:34:38 AM »

If you feed Brian a steady diet of steak & birthday cake served by a pretty young girl, and keep the jukebox stocked with Spector songs, he'll be anything you want for as long as you like. Fact.  Grin
Ka-ching!  Which sums up the bulk of "pro-choicers."  Go with the flow?   LOL  I would assume its the pro-life people who've put thought into it.

This sounds like Sandbox talk. Just sayin'...
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 10:50:13 AM »

This sounds like Sandbox talk. Just sayin'...

Or FreeRepublic to be more accurate.

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 10:58:45 AM »

The most repugnant thing I've read on this board (which is saying a lot).

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 12:05:39 PM »

Oh lighten up!  It's nothing. Right?

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2014, 03:05:38 PM »

Can you please just keep your bullheaded opinions in the sandbox?
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2014, 04:30:40 PM »

Maybe i could run everything by you first -- since your opinions on mine are apparently not bullheaded.   Wink

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »

Yeah, sure, that'll work.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2014, 05:29:19 PM »

Oh Jesus.
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2014, 05:30:53 PM »

Pro-Choice:  Onions, pickles, lettuce, ketchup, mayo.....

oh, and bacon!  Definitely bacon!

Ok, what else?
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2014, 05:54:25 PM »

LOL  Typically pro-choicer.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2014, 06:12:12 PM »

Ooh, you really burned me with that one. Someone pass the Neosporin cuz this one stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings.
Seriously, this is hardly the place for this.
ThyRavenAscend
Smiley Smile Associate

It is nice.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2014, 06:32:16 PM »

I don't understand the "bullheaded" joke...someone explain, plz?

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2014, 06:57:43 PM »

Ooh, you really burned me with that one. Someone pass the Neosporin cuz this one stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings.
Seriously, this is hardly the place for this.
And... so... why do you think you got a Neosporin-caliber reply?

I mean, c'mon!  I would expect this from the others... but I expect more out of you, Bubbly.   LOL

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2014, 04:07:41 PM »

Bean Bag, why don't women deserve the right to choose what happens with their bodies?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2014, 08:55:06 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w15OS2PdCKo

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2014, 05:04:35 AM »

Bean Bag, why don't women deserve the right to choose what happens with their bodies?

LOL

That's my question!

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 04:40:54 PM »

LOL

That's my question!

You are a misogynist ass.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2014, 06:53:24 AM »

LOL

That's my question!

You are a misogynist ass.

And you're an idiot, I presume, is how you like it?   Smokin

You see "Hypey" the "misogynist" cue (a big word for an idiot) is your intolerant "that's what everybody else thinks -- so I should do it too" reaction.  A reaction that demonstrates you lack the intelligence to sort out on your own how you just got sunk by my response -- and in doing so you've chosen to demonstrate only your ability to flex your fascist salute.

Bravo.  Now... why do YOU think women don't deserve the right to choose what happens with their bodies?  Remember... I'm talking about women of all ages, all-star -- not just the ones you're trying so desperately to impress. 

Wink

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 07:05:30 AM »

So, the only reason someone would defend women is because they're trying to impress them?
There is something deeply flawed about that line of thinking.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 07:51:16 AM »

So, the only reason someone would defend women is because they're trying to impress them?
There is something deeply flawed about that line of thinking.

There's tons o' deeply flawed thinking on display here, Bubbly.  We'll call'em "assumptions."  

For example, your assumptions are 1) that I don't have any more arrows in the quiver, by somehow assuming that my witty assumption offered the only reason one would defend women (i.e.; trying to "impress" them)...  2) that I'm not defending women, and 3) that Hypehat is defending women.  We haven't proven that yet.

To fast-forward this a bit ... What I'm trying to prove is that fascism is alive in our discourse.  Those who don't march along must be ostracized from society, by any means necessary.  I.E.; "I disagree with X.  I must hate Y."  I challenge abortion (I do) EQUALS I'm a misogynist (I'm not).  Right?  The whole "war on women" thing?

This is the fascism I'm trying to illustrate, Bubbly.  A very strict, quick and extremely intolerant trend.  It's persuasion is simply fear.  Fear of stigmatization.  I'd like to discredit the thugs hiding behind the language of "pro-choice."

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 07:53:12 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2014, 07:56:44 AM »

I never really agree with any of Bean Bags opinions (nor do I really want to get sucked into this debate), but I thought his response:

That's my question!

was pretty spot on. From my point of view, life (consciousness) is sacred - no matter what "age".

That being said, I'm neither pro-life or pro-choice....I'm really on the fence at the moment. I think abortion is as equally cruel as "raising" a child in a poverty/drug-heavy environment by a parent who doesn't really give a sh*t about the kid. It's a very turbulent discussion worth having without calling someone a "misogynist" or an "idiot".

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »

"... parent who doesn't really give a sh*t about the kid"

Keep the kid and shoot the parent. Easy.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2014, 09:56:48 AM »

Honestly, I could not care less what any male thinks about abortion. 
The proposotion that men could in any conceivable way understand the choice and nuances of abortion is ludicrous and  the subject should be left to women to decide, whether as a whole or as an individual.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: