-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:43:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  you should be ashamed of yourselves
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: you should be ashamed of yourselves  (Read 16849 times)
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 05:43:48 AM »

I'm not surprised it's possible to find out, I'm just surprised you're that interested!

The reason I don't log in except to post is that otherwise I would look in the "total time spent online" box and it would say something like "20 years, 8 months, 16 days and 32 minutes" and I would have to hang my head in shame.

Please delete my account
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 05:50:50 AM »

I thought I made it clear yesterday - in the "Beach Boys Survivor #27: L.A. (Light Album) thread - but I'll say it one last time:

(http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,17369.msg440398.html#msg440398)

Jarhead, retrokid and halblaineisgood: agree on not liking each other, and stop bringing up this matter on the board again and again. If you want to play kindergarten, do it outside (and as for this board: ignore or through PM)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:51:50 AM by SMiLE Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 05:59:27 AM »

I'm not surprised it's possible to find out, I'm just surprised you're that interested!

The reason I don't log in except to post is that otherwise I would look in the "total time spent online" box and it would say something like "20 years, 8 months, 16 days and 32 minutes" and I would have to hang my head in shame.
Yep, that stuff can be fun. I'm just a little bit more observant than some of you, I suppose.

Tbh, I've also taken this step to quickly log in-log out to have less total time than it would (although I do think it's a wrong/kinda secretive thing to do).

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2014, 02:51:41 PM »

Ill have to go to smileysmile hell with best friend of jarhead ethan j clarke NOOOOOOO   what if I have disease does that make this okay or if i post some dead pics AUTISM!!!!
For someone who rarely hangs about here*, you've got excellent memory. I don't recall Rei/Jarhead mentioning anywhere that he's friends with Ethan. Not even in his introductory post, typical "My friend used to be a member of this board, his name Ethan J. Clarke, & so I also decided to join in this community". Wonder in what thread you saw this info.

That's because he isn't. I don't know the guy, let alone being friends with him. halblaineisgood was just making a stupid comment during his (drunken?) rant
bluesno1fann
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2014, 06:08:20 PM »

I thought I made it clear yesterday - in the "Beach Boys Survivor #27: L.A. (Light Album) thread - but I'll say it one last time:

(http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,17369.msg440398.html#msg440398)

Jarhead, retrokid and halblaineisgood: agree on not liking each other, and stop bringing up this matter on the board again and again. If you want to play kindergarten, do it outside (and as for this board: ignore or through PM)

I guess you have a point, but I'm just not happy at all that halblaineisgood is unrepentant and instead of apologizing for making his hateful comments and his wishes of punching me, he kept going on with the hate. I find all this strange as before all this, me and halblaineisgood hadn't crossed paths.
But the saddest part is the total lack of sympathy from everyone here (except retrokid). It's like no one cares at all about what he said to me. Hell, Woodstock was even laughing about it! Had this happen to anyone else, their responses would most likely be much different. Which is why Retrokid made this thread in the first place.

I hope you understand why I feel this way. No one deserves to have been treated like that, especially unprovoked, and get away with it
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:12:13 PM by Jarhead » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 05:30:08 AM »

Yep, that stuff can be fun. I'm just a little bit more observant than some of you, I suppose.

Tbh, I've also taken this step to quickly log in-log out to have less total time than it would (although I do think it's a wrong/kinda secretive thing to do).

I've noticed some of the people who appear offline, but not those who remain logged out to just read. That takes some pretty good observational skills.

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2014, 05:31:45 AM »

I guess you have a point, but I'm just not happy at all that halblaineisgood is unrepentant and instead of apologizing for making his hateful comments and his wishes of punching me, he kept going on with the hate. I find all this strange as before all this, me and halblaineisgood hadn't crossed paths.
But the saddest part is the total lack of sympathy from everyone here (except retrokid). It's like no one cares at all about what he said to me. Hell, Woodstock was even laughing about it! Had this happen to anyone else, their responses would most likely be much different. Which is why Retrokid made this thread in the first place.

I hope you understand why I feel this way. No one deserves to have been treated like that, especially unprovoked, and get away with it

halblainisgood has only been on this forum 7 years. Cut him some slack dawg  Smiley

group hug
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 06:23:37 AM by Woodstock » Logged

retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2014, 10:07:09 AM »

I just saw in another thread how someone actually is taking pleasure reading the hate posts towards Jarhead here. so I guess tearing other people down is ok for some people to get away with and not others?  How about we all just not do it.  the majority of Jarhead's posts have to do with the BB's doesn't it? that's what this board is all about right?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:10:12 AM by retrokid67 » Logged

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2014, 10:15:54 AM »

That's it - I'm out. The quality of discussion on this board has been going downhill for some time now, I saw a spark of hope with the Big Beat thread which was excellent but it's gone back to polls and moronic Dennis threads (by 3 posters in particular). I'll check back from time to time to see if there is any actual news but for now so long, farewell, Au'voir, auf wiedersehen.
Nice to see that you've taken some German with you. Cheesy
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2014, 10:18:12 AM »

I just saw in another thread how someone actually is taking pleasure reading the hate posts towards Jarhead here. so I guess tearing other people down is ok for some people to get away with and not others?  How about we all just not do it.  the majority of Jarhead's posts have to do with the BB's doesn't it? that's what this board is all about right?
I hope you're not talking about me, because that is not what I said. What I meant was, that I just find it funny how people attack towards him without any real reason. That's not the same thing as enjoying it. I find all that pointless drama funny, even though it's actually sad how it's taken the grip over the actual subject and information. Like you said, this place is about Beach Boys, why can't we just keep it that way?
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2014, 10:21:49 AM »

I hope you're not talking about me, because that is not what I said. What I meant was, that I just find it funny how people attack towards him without any real reason. That's not the same thing as enjoying it. I find all that pointless drama funny, even though it's actually sad how it's taken the grip over the actual subject and information. Like you said, this place is about Beach Boys, why can't we just keep it that way?

ok I misunderstood your post, I'm sorry  Embarrassed and yes we should be focused on the BB's and not this other crap.  this has been goin on for months now and I don't think Jarhead deserves this much hate, it's like everyone else can have an opinion but not him and at least his posts are about the music

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2014, 10:29:05 AM »

Well I believe the best way to stop that other crap is to just ignore it. It will eventually pass.
And yeah, I know I'm easy to be misunderstood because English isn't my best language.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:30:20 AM by RiC » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2014, 10:37:34 AM »

Being drama magnets is causing the "hate".

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2014, 10:41:36 AM »

Well I believe the best way to stop that other crap is to just ignore it. It will eventually pass.

This. And this:

Also, you guys have to understand that people here don't forget things easily. I mean, Jarhead, you started that ill-conceived petition (and spammed a bunch of threads trying to get people to sign it), the Dennista garbage, and you had a hand in this: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,16986.msg431385.html#msg431385

You guys apologized, great. But don't expect people to welcome you with open arms. If people treat you harshly just ignore them (and don't post your complaints in the sandbox, as this just further irritates people). Ignore jerks and just talk about the Beach Boys. 'Nuff said.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2014, 11:23:48 AM »

"Hail SMiLE Brian, the Jughead is gone!"...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 11:30:09 AM by retrokid67 » Logged

-Dennis Wilson
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2014, 11:30:30 AM »

I think the best thing to do is let it go and move one.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2014, 01:09:32 PM »

I think the best thing to do is let it go and move one.

Pretty much, this.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2014, 04:38:17 PM »

"Hail SMiLE Brian, the Jughead is gone!"...

LOL LOL LOL

You guys have to understand that people here don't forget things easily. I mean, Jarhead, you started that ill-conceived petition (and spammed a bunch of threads trying to get people to sign it), the Dennista garbage, and you had a hand in this: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,16986.msg431385.html#msg431385

You guys apologized, great. But don't expect people to welcome you with open arms. If people treat you harshly just ignore them (and don't post your complaints in the sandbox, as this just further irritates people). Ignore jerks and just talk about the Beach Boys. 'Nuff said.

To be fair, me and Retrokid equally had a hand in the petition (and advertising/spamming a bunch of threads), the Dennista sh*t (even if it was funny to an extent), and of course Today's Mainstream Music. 50/50.

But you, musicismylife and Pixletwin is right. I was heavily reluctant to post my complaints in the Sandbox anyway, but was convinced otherwise by Retrokid. But at least I posted it in the Sandbox  LOL. Seriously though, I should just ignore jerks like halblaineisgood and SMiLE Brian and Friends, and the false troll/hypocrite accusations that come with it. I mean, hell I don't know them personally, why should I care about what they think or say?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2014, 04:57:52 PM »

SMiLE Brian and friends w00t! w00t! w00t!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2014, 07:06:20 PM »

Right!  I can see clearly now:  It's really not jugheads' fault , Retro MADE him post everything to date. And he should share 50/50 in all the blame, because, after all, why buck up and take crap when it's not your fault? it's your friend that made you do everythinig.
Probably that big gun he sent you a picture of and said if you don't post the petition, I'll blow up you AND your pretty liitle internet connection too!
Oh wait. I meant Jar not Jug.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
bluesno1fann
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2014, 07:53:17 PM »

Right!  I can see clearly now:  It's really not jugheads' fault , Retro MADE him post everything to date. And he should share 50/50 in all the blame, because, after all, why buck up and take crap when it's not your fault? it's your friend that made you do everythinig.
Probably that big gun he sent you a picture of and said if you don't post the petition, I'll blow up you AND your pretty liitle internet connection too!

You should learn to read properly, it would really do you a favour in getting along with people  Grin
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2014, 07:57:41 PM »

You should learn to read properly, it would really do you a favour in getting along with people  Grin

for everyone's own good we should let what's in the past stay in the past and if not, let's finish it in pm's. people are tired of the both sides arguing

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2014, 08:00:43 PM »

for everyone's own good we should let what's in the past stay in the past and if not, let's finish it in pm's. people are tired of the both sides arguing

Well said. Retro, do you think it's time to lock this thread?
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2014, 08:01:57 PM »

Well said. Retro, do you think it's time to lock this thread?

yup "It's About Time"  Grin

-Dennis Wilson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: