gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680724 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 09:36:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: -Mike LeRoy- Untitled Next Project  (Read 2275 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2014, 07:31:53 PM »

Hello everyone, it's been a while hasn't it!?

I've been very surprised by how many people are awaiting my next album, and I'd love to say it's finally here, but unfortunately it's going pretty slowly :/

But, I'm finally ready to talk about it! My next album is going to be by far my most ambitious.

This currently untitled album is a rock opera. It will have 2 halves, but be essentially continuous with no breaks.

It will also be a bit shorter than past albums, think Friends length, to allow a nice little listening session.

So, what's it sound like? Well you've heard "It's You", but the album will feature a lot of different styles, like my past works...

What's that? You... want to hear something and I'm really slow? Well then... here's a sneak peak at a track called...
"On My Own"

It introduces the plight of the opening half, and really kicks off the album well Smiley

Please, enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/mikeleroymusic/on-my-own-album-teaser

Oh, and remember, this isn't even like, CLOSE to finished. So listen with casual ears Wink

THANKS!
 Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 06:59:36 PM »

FOTM: it's been some time since I've listened to this track, and I meant to comment sooner, so my apologies.  Have you finished up anymore of the album?

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:49:44 PM »

Hey, not much man, I've been working on a very interesting project you guys may love that I can't yet talk about Wink

What did you think of this clip? :D

Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 05:15:46 PM »

I think you should spend more time performing than recording... that's still the way people find an audience.

I would also sing in a higher register. It's more suited to The Beach Boysque music you want to make.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:34:15 PM by Gabo » Logged
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 06:17:37 AM »

I like the song, has a nice vibe, and I really like the instrumentation.  However, I am not into the "growling" vocals and the background vocals sound off (but it is a demo, so perhaps you plan to tighten them up).  From a song writing standpoint I really like it.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 10:37:13 AM »

Hey guys!

About preforming, easier said then done. I'm a junior right now, and if you know anything about that, it's considered the hardest year for a reason :/

This song is interesting, because I was going more for CSNY then the Beach Boys...

About the growling, that'll most likely be cleaned up, I may actually end up re-recording all of this :/

The backing vocals didn't sound too off to me... maybe they just need a remix :/

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 06:28:44 PM »

FOTM, you're a talented dude, and this does sound lovely but what you're gonna have to do is get out and find collaborators. I've been in your boat and neglected the musicians around me because I thought I could do it by myself, but you've gotta listen son, you've gotta get a rhythm section and play some gigs. It's all well and nice making songs on the computer but you've gotta reach out.

I mean, that's my problem too, but get on it before you end up in my situation - No-one's gonna sign me offa my soundcloud!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:29:41 PM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 07:12:05 PM »

Kinda agree with you Hypehat...but...I think these early albums of FOTMs will prove to be a great learning experience for him...and, though he could rush into making a band right now to start gigging, it's probably better for him to continue refining/evolving his style until he can work with proper musicians (perhaps starting a band at college where he's more likely to find collaborators and musicians more in tune with his style).

FOTM, love the clip you posted...that instrumental track (and the chords) are flippin great. I agree with empire of love about the growling vocals. But, I love that you're experimenting with new things! (Too many of us musicians take the safe way and thus we'll never be able to find that "new" sound).

Definitely think about Hypehat's advice though - record labels aren't looking for the next Mozart, Wilson, or Beethoven, they're looking for a group of individuals who can sell their product. You'll go far if you find the right bandmates, no doubt in my mind.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 07:29:52 PM »

Kinda agree with you Hypehat...but...I think these early albums of FOTMs will prove to be a great learning experience for him...and, though he could rush into making a band right now to start gigging, it's probably better for him to continue refining/evolving his style until he can work with proper musicians (perhaps starting a band at college where he's more likely to find collaborators and musicians more in tune with his style).

Yr right, Rab - I forgot Mike's a bit younger than I was when I started paying attention to music. You get to college and you get yourself some likeminded bandmates!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 03:17:10 PM »

That's the plan!:)

I've recently been hit by the "life" train and realized I'll need a group
to sell my music, so consider that in motion, there's a few plans on how to go about that set for this summer Smiley

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »

Oh, and forget about that demo.

The song is really good now, it sounded much worse than I thought and I've touched up the F*** out of it in the past few days, mostly due to not being happy with it....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:41:59 PM by FatherOfTheMan (Vito Salutation) » Logged

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx