-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:29:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Petition for a Day to Remember the Contributions of those who are Perma-Banned
Poll
Question: Petition for a Day to Remember the Contributions of those who are Perma-Banned
Those in Favour - 9 (39.1%)
Those Opposed - 13 (56.5%)
Undecided - 1 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Petition for a Day to Remember the Contributions of those who are Perma-Banned  (Read 10544 times)
bluesno1fann
« on: January 30, 2014, 05:16:20 PM »

Clearly it's obvious that no one who is banned permanently will be unbanned, whether we like it or not. For one reason or another, these people do deserve to be banned.

But all those who were banned also contributed positively on the board, and those positive contributions should not be forgotten either. I say for one day a year, we remember those who are forever gone from this forum and are never to return and remember them for the good times and not the bad times that led to their permanent bans. People like Oldsurferdude, I.Spaceman, EthanJames, Ghost/Nobody/SocoldIgoburr, Newguy562, Vintagemusic, BergenWhitesMoustache, Thomasogg, Rob McCabe, etc.

With the bannings and the occasional negativity on this board by virtually everyone every once in a while, it's important to remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMEiggGt9hg
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 12:13:07 AM by Love Surrounds Me » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:23:52 PM »

On a whole, pleasant people indeed. They were nice additions to this place, all of them.

There's no autotune on WIBNTLA. You're just reveling in saying you're disappointed and looking for things to moan about.

Go f*** yourself you pissy little bitch.

I don't give a bollock what some internet c*** thinks.

Oh, um...he was just...different.

Well lately the thought of my girlfriend cheating on me with another guy ..kinda turns me on..
is this normal or strange?

Right, Newguy...what enthusiasm...

No Hypehat, it is not much ado about nothing. These people are a part of the mafia, and the Beach Boys are choosing to use
a song, (the single) or perhaps multiple songs, from these people.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 07:36:01 PM »

On a whole, pleasant people indeed. They were nice additions to this place, all of them.

There's no autotune on WIBNTLA. You're just reveling in saying you're disappointed and looking for things to moan about.

Go f*** yourself you pissy little bitch.

I don't give a bollock what some internet c*** thinks.

Oh, um...he was just...different.

Well lately the thought of my girlfriend cheating on me with another guy ..kinda turns me on..
is this normal or strange?

Right, Newguy...what enthusiasm...

No Hypehat, it is not much ado about nothing. These people are a part of the mafia, and the Beach Boys are choosing to use
a song, (the single) or perhaps multiple songs, from these people.

Well obviously those are the reasons why these people are permanently banned. And virtually none of them deserves to return.
But all of them one way or another surely contributed positively to the forum as well, and I was thinking just one day a year we remember those who will never return for the good times, the positive contributions, instead of the negatives which ultimately got them banned. It's certainly better than petitions for permanently banned members to return. There are a few perma-banned people remembered fondly, best example being Oldsurferdude.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:37:23 PM by Submission is a Gift, Given to Another » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 07:44:46 PM »

You know, you can remember these people in your own mind, in your own way without having to post about them in a thread. I haven't thought about or missed a one of them. You must be totally bored with this place to bring this up again.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bluesno1fann
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 07:47:55 PM »

You know, you can remember these people in your own mind, in your own way without having to post about them in a thread. I haven't thought about or missed a one of them. You must be totally bored with this place to bring this up again.

Not really. I just think it's a good idea.
There are plenty of people who want certain banned members back, but they have to realize that's never going to happen.
So instead, one day a year to remember the positive contributions of those banned seems appropriate. Something like April 1st would be a good idea  LOL

Also, just because you don't miss any of them doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 07:56:25 PM »

Most of these people were annoying as hell and don't need to be honored.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jason
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 08:08:02 PM »

I'm opposed. The less said about these not-soon-enough-departed former members, the better.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 08:23:46 PM »

I'm not really sure I understand what the goal of this is.

We're supposed to get together once a year and talk about people who were banned?
Is that the goal? Cuz we're already doing that.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »

I'm not really sure I understand what the goal of this is.

We're supposed to get together once a year and talk about people who were banned?
Is that the goal? Cuz we're already doing that.

It's really meant for one day a year we remember good times and positive contributions of all those who are no longer with us on this forum.
You can talk about them if you want, but you don't have to if you don't want to
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 08:56:30 PM »

That makes no sense.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 09:02:21 PM »

That makes no sense.

I mean like One Day A Year to remember those who are no longer members, which are the permanently banned ones. None of them are obviously coming back, and a few of them are remembered fondly, so I thought it would be a good idea to petition for one day a year to remember and/or even talk about those banned about their positive contributions instead of the negative which got them banned. It can be any day of they year, and that day can be an official day to remember on this forum.

I'm sorry if you don't understand, I'm trying to explain the best way I can
Blue2013
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 09:28:40 PM »

I don't know these people or what they did - undecided
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 11:42:01 PM »

I don't think Summerinparadise.flac is banned, just doesn't come here anymore. So we could still get another "Does Mike Love believe in Ghosts?", "Mike Love stole my bike" thread.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 03:47:13 PM »

I'm opposed. The less said about these not-soon-enough-departed former members, the better.

Rock!

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 06:05:47 PM »

Why was Ghost actually banned? it was originally his posts that made me love and join this bored.

Yup.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
zachrwolfe
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »

I can't think of very many positive contributions from any of those listed other than Ethan with his photos, to be honest. Sure, some were humorous (like OSD), but I agree with most here.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »

Why was Ghost actually banned? it was originally his posts that made me love and join this bored.

Yup.

I'm not entirely sure either, but that's mainly because he was long gone, long long gone before I joined this forum.
One things for sure, he's never coming back.

I can't think of very many positive contributions from any of those listed other than Ethan with his photos, to be honest. Sure, some were humorous (like OSD), but I agree with most here.

Both OSD and I.Spaceman contributed positively throughout their time here, with their informative posts, and the occasional humour. Which is mainly why so many people remember them fondly, especially the former.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:37:52 PM by Submission is a Gift, Given to Another » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 06:36:32 PM »

Ghost/Nobody/SoColdIGoBurr had a lot of great contributions, and many humorous ones...I remember many nights where it felt like my ribs were broken because I was laughing so hard at his posts LOL

Good times were had. But obviously the bad outweighed the good. I hope he comes back someday.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 06:45:48 PM »

Yup.

I'm not entirely sure either, but that's mainly because he was long gone, long long gone before I joined this forum.

Both OSD and I.Spaceman contributed positively throughout their time here, with their informative posts, and the occasional humour. Which is mainly why so many people remember them fondly, especially the former.
OSD when on topic had great things to say, but otherwise couldn't hold his tongue when necessary. I. spaceman seemed like a ticking time bomb. While he had some great things to contribute, he could go off the rails at the drop of a hat. He was one scary dude.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bluesno1fann
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 06:52:05 PM »

Yup.

OSD when on topic had great things to say, but otherwise couldn't hold his tongue when necessary. I. spaceman seemed like a ticking time bomb. While he had some great things to contribute, he could go off the rails at the drop of a hat. He was one scary dude.

Agreed with I.Spaceman. He turned out to be a complete psychopath at the end, and he wasn't very nice to people he disliked, and that's an understatement!
But I guess since he did have great things to contribute, some of the members around here have given some of the things he did the benefit of the doubt.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 07:09:28 PM »

Was it Spaceman who had the feud with Bubbly Waves, calling him an asshat? That was entertaining. Definitely glad he's gone though.

Sounds like I really missed out with ghost. I guess I just missed him, since I started posting early 2013.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:11:47 PM by zachrwolfe » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 07:18:02 PM »

Was it Spaceman who had the feud with Bubbly Waves, calling him an asshat? That was entertaining. Definitely glad he's gone though.

Sounds like I really missed out with ghost. I guess I just missed him, since I started posting early 2013.

Same.
I'm not sure if I.Spaceman had a feud with Bubbly Waves. I know he had a feud with quite a few people though, including Newguy562 and to an extent, EthanJames.
I say probably ask Bubbly if he had a feud with I.Spaceman, It would be interesting to find out!  Grin
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 07:37:14 PM »

No, it wasn't I.Spaceman who I had the fight with. We were never on the board at the same time, for better or worse.

I had a fight about David Bowie with Jason, who then changed his name to Convenient Target for Asshats.  Tongue
I think he's still sorta around.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:39:26 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 08:07:31 PM »

I don't get this thread at all. If something like this were to happen why not make it a day to remember those members (and other fans who are familiar to many here) who are no longer with us and have made nothing but positive contributions. Guys like Les Chan, Greg Larson, Bob Hanes, Derek Bill, Jeffrey Glenn and I'm sure there are many more.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 08:43:38 PM »

I don't get this thread at all. If something like this were to happen why not make it a day to remember those members (and other fans who are familiar to many here) who are no longer with us and have made nothing but positive contributions. Guys like Les Chan, Greg Larson, Bob Hanes, Derek Bill, Jeffrey Glenn and I'm sure there are many more.

Good point. But I think that should be an entirely separate day.
I still think my idea's a good idea because it's a day where you remember the positive contributions of all those who are permanently banned, instead of the negative that got them banned. Granted the negative outweigh the positive in most cases, but still their positive contributions certainly don't deserve to be forgotten
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: