-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:34:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Opening the Gates of Hell: Petition to Unban Everyone
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Opening the Gates of Hell: Petition to Unban Everyone  (Read 14760 times)
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »

For one day, set either on April 1st or the 4th of July, I want the mods to open the floodgates and unban everybody. Just think of the fun we would have.

This is a good idea. Agreed?

Your idea has a small amount of merit, but I don't want to debate who deserved/didn't deserve to be banned, so here's what I think: 

April 1st, any past members ever banned, will be unbanned, FOR 24 HOURS ONLY. For that same time span, all current members will be banned, so as not to be forced into any interaction with the first group.

I kinda like this idea more than mine...it would be similar to a gladiator event, with all of us being the spectators. We could make charts and tally points for who trolls the hardest.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2014, 04:09:54 PM »

This sounds exciting. Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2014, 04:12:49 PM »

Who do you think would win?

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2014, 04:14:32 PM »

1. newguy562
2. ghost
3. vintagemusic

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jason
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2014, 04:21:51 PM »

I wouldn't say he was too unstable, after the gore pictures incident, he proved to be a great member of this board for over a year, and was a great contributor. It's also worth noting that he really made an effort to change, and in a way I think he succeeded. Pixletwin and Stephen (and earlier, I.Spaceman) were pushing and attacking Ethan on that last thread. Ethan shouldn't have made that hypocritical comment, and I can understand why the two were angry, but I do feel for Ethan. He has Autism, and people with Autism can't really cope with pressure, and they can get hurt easily. Perhaps the two (and Jason) could have been more understanding. He made the last two comments because he didn't know what else to say, he was freaking out. And while that is abnormal behaviour for normal people, it was most likely how Ethan coped with the attacks on him, and he was obviously very upset.
Ethan did not fully deserve the treatment he got that day, and with his condition, he couldn't really help it, which is something the others didn't realize. Jason in particular should have handled that a lot better as he is a mod.
I still say Ethan should be unbanned!

Every member who has been banned has been banned for a reason. Said members will not be reinstated. And no, Ethan was not "unfairly" banned. He played the suicide card as a last-ditch attempt to gain favor with people. He got off light as far as I'm concerned. Mental illness does not equal a free pass. And to say that I should handle situations better because I'm a mod...don't go there. Really. Don't. It won't end well for you. I take more personal attacks on here than probably any other member (save perhaps Andrew Doe) and don't ban anyone for it. I'm willing to take what I give out. I'm VERY levelheaded on here.

But when a member deliberately tries to bully others with threats of offing himself because he suddenly develops a conscience over "OMG THE CHILDREN!"...that's really not going to end well. I had to nip that in the bud before it got worse.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:24:43 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2014, 05:59:38 PM »

I wouldn't say he was too unstable, after the gore pictures incident, he proved to be a great member of this board for over a year, and was a great contributor. It's also worth noting that he really made an effort to change, and in a way I think he succeeded. Pixletwin and Stephen (and earlier, I.Spaceman) were pushing and attacking Ethan on that last thread. Ethan shouldn't have made that hypocritical comment, and I can understand why the two were angry, but I do feel for Ethan. He has Autism, and people with Autism can't really cope with pressure, and they can get hurt easily. Perhaps the two (and Jason) could have been more understanding. He made the last two comments because he didn't know what else to say, he was freaking out. And while that is abnormal behaviour for normal people, it was most likely how Ethan coped with the attacks on him, and he was obviously very upset.
Ethan did not fully deserve the treatment he got that day, and with his condition, he couldn't really help it, which is something the others didn't realize. Jason in particular should have handled that a lot better as he is a mod.

Every member who has been banned has been banned for a reason. Said members will not be reinstated. And no, Ethan was not "unfairly" banned. He played the suicide card as a last-ditch attempt to gain favor with people. He got off light as far as I'm concerned. Mental illness does not equal a free pass. And to say that I should handle situations better because I'm a mod...don't go there. Really. Don't. It won't end well for you. I take more personal attacks on here than probably any other member (save perhaps Andrew Doe) and don't ban anyone for it. I'm willing to take what I give out. I'm VERY levelheaded on here.

But when a member deliberately tries to bully others with threats of offing himself because he suddenly develops a conscience over "OMG THE CHILDREN!"...that's really not going to end well. I had to nip that in the bud before it got worse.
Anyone know whether he went ahead and offed himself to spite everyone?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2014, 06:27:25 PM »

He didn't. As mentioned, I talk to him a bit on Facebook. He has problems, sure (and really, who doesn't) but he's an ace cat.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2014, 08:25:55 PM »

1. newguy562
2. ghost
3. vintagemusic

You forgot:

4. I. Spaceman
5. Whitemustache
6. Bgas

Wait.  Bgas is still here.  DAMN it.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2014, 09:17:58 PM »

Who is/was 'Whitemustache'?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2014, 09:23:40 PM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,16208.msg397382.html#msg397382

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »

Wow...I completely forgot about that!

bluesno1fann
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2014, 09:56:56 PM »

Okay, I'll leave it at that. Let's just move on, even Ethan has according to Billy.

Also, I was totally unaware of all the personal attacks on you LOL You don't deserve it, you seem like a great person!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:08:55 PM by Maybe I DON'T Know?! » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2014, 07:19:19 AM »

I've been on this board, and its direct ancestors for, oh, probably longer than some of you have been alive - and, I think, banned from all of them at one time or another: should I be mildly proud of that ? - and fact is, very, very few posters have ever been banned, and of those even fewer have been permanently banned. To achieve that takes applied stupidity on several fronts, not just being obnoxious re: Mike or posting vile images. In short, these people deserve to be banned, and (the basic joke premise of this thread aside) if they were unbanned then, well, what's the point of having mods in the first place ? Right now, this place - Smiley Smile, not the Sandbox - is a pretty nice place to be. I'd like it to stay that way.

As regards Ethan, he should never, ever be allowed back - playing the autism card doesn't work, as I've yet to encounter anyone thus inflicted who would do something so utterly disgusting. When I read his "I'll-just-go-kill-myself" post (while banned) my immediate reaction was... eh, you can probably guess.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:47:11 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2014, 04:14:46 PM »

We want ghost back!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
bluesno1fann
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2014, 02:30:19 AM »

"pop"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 05:16:49 PM by Submission is a Gift, Given to Another » Logged
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2014, 03:11:17 AM »

Please unban ghost or at least direct me to a wordpress or something for his Love You deconstructions
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2014, 10:35:09 AM »

I honestly think ghost/nobody is dead. People seem to forget that he made several posts where he indicated that he was desperately unhappy and thinking about suicide.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: