gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:06:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are you ever embarrassed to be a Beach Boys fan?  (Read 37591 times)
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2014, 07:42:38 AM »

Duplicate post
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:45:21 AM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2014, 08:40:08 AM »

Many years ago I met this girl who I really fell for, and, yes, when the topic of favorite music/artists came up, I was defensive about my Beach Boys' fandom. So, it wasn't long before I made her a mixtape. I'll show her!!!!

I spent hours and hours compiling and sequencing the tape. I was gonna really impress her. In addition to some surf & turf hits, I was going to blow her mind with Brian's "genius music", too. So, on went a good dose of Pet Sounds, "This Whole World", "Til I Die", "Surf's Up", and "Sail On Sailor". I think I also included "Disney Girls", "Forever" and "Cuddle Up".

I couldn't wait for her reaction, thinking she'd say something like, "I never heard those Beach Boys' songs before..." or "Wow, I didn't know the Beach Boys sang songs like those..." After giving her a week to listen to the tape, I asked her what were her favorite songs. Without hesitation she said, "Barbara Ann" and "Catch A Wave". Go figure...

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:43:00 AM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2014, 08:46:47 AM »

Hi all,

I have NEVER been embarrassed to be a Beach Boys fan.  To like any band you want to like is always cool and great.  To like someone simply because the crowd does or because she or he is a current singer means one cannot think for themselves.  If one tires to impress others once or twice they might spend the rest of their liveds doing that with no gain for themselves. 
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2014, 11:43:15 AM »

My Beach Boys fandom is like a martyrdom
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2014, 12:18:26 AM »

Many years ago I met this girl who I really fell for, and, yes, when the topic of favorite music/artists came up, I was defensive about my Beach Boys' fandom. So, it wasn't long before I made her a mixtape. I'll show her!!!!

I spent hours and hours compiling and sequencing the tape. I was gonna really impress her. In addition to some surf & turf hits, I was going to blow her mind with Brian's "genius music", too. So, on went a good dose of Pet Sounds, "This Whole World", "Til I Die", "Surf's Up", and "Sail On Sailor". I think I also included "Disney Girls", "Forever" and "Cuddle Up".

I couldn't wait for her reaction, thinking she'd say something like, "I never heard those Beach Boys' songs before..." or "Wow, I didn't know the Beach Boys sang songs like those..." After giving her a week to listen to the tape, I asked her what were her favorite songs. Without hesitation she said, "Barbara Ann" and "Catch A Wave". Go figure...

Easy: of all songs you mentioned, those are the two that are the most fun to listen to. The other songs have their qualities in other aspects. Girls just wanna have fun, you know?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx