gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:07:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Charles Manson - Lie (1970)
5 - 4 (40%)
4 - 3 (30%)
3 - 1 (10%)
2 - 1 (10%)
1 - 1 (10%)
0 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Charles Manson - Lie: The Love and Terror Cult  (Read 5854 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2014, 01:49:04 AM »

Discuss, review and rate Charles Manson - Lie: The Love and Terror Cult, originally released on March 6th 1970.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 02:44:38 AM »

It's a very spooky album, and I always feel strange listening to it.

Objectively though, it is very good. Manson had a nice voice and some interesting songs.
Look At Your Game Girl is the best song in here. Its suits his voice perfectly, and has a really interesting sentimental quality to it.

I'd imagine a copy of this on vinyl would be worth something nowadays, since few copies were ever printed. It would be a pretty strange addition to any collection.

Going on numbers, its a 4/5. If you can get past the fact its Manson the killer and look at it as just the work of a regular artist, its a good piece of work.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:17:30 AM »

A great album, a nice mix of folk, beatnik, hippie freakout and lo-fi. A well produced version of Look At Your Game Girl could have been a fairly big hit methinks. With his music, Manson was somehow completely removed from his time while also being very much of his time. Just close your eyes and imagine hearing this out in the desert on a peyote high. I would LOVE to hear the Desper engineered stuff from around the same time.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 02:20:23 AM by Mike's Beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 04:43:25 PM »

Dead Horse
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 08:37:30 AM »

It's actually a pretty good record - the guy did have musical ability.

I do have to try quite hard not to think of a pregnant Sharon Tate, surrounded by dead and dying friends, begging Manson's clan to spare the life of her unborn baby. That tends to put something of a downer on things...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx