gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:26:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boxsets We Would Like To See Within The Next 5 Years  (Read 15301 times)
ThyRavenAscend
Smiley Smile Associate

It is nice.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2014, 06:37:43 PM »

A box-set, or even a single CD, of demos would be wonderful.
Doesn't unreleased material (like demos) fall into the public domain after a certain period of time if it doesn't get an official release?

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2014, 06:42:19 PM »

Yup - I think after 50 years it falls into the public domain if not officially released, hence Big Beat. I suppose that means we can expect a few more releases in the next two decades...

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Adult Child
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2014, 07:16:22 PM »

I was reading Keith Badman's definitive diary book on the Beach Boys today and apparently Brian recorded a solo piano version of In The Back of My Mind with a newly written bridge during the Love You sessions. That'd be cool to hear.

"In my opinion it makes Pet Sounds stink - that's how good it is!" - Dennis Wilson

"Our records were really very good. We're very talented and we know how to do what we do." - Carl Wilson

"The thing is, I'm just pooping along. Some people buzz along. I poop along. I just can't help it; that's the way I am. I'm just a pooper." - Brian Wilson
Tricycle Rider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2014, 08:59:40 AM »

All of their catalog, presented chronologically, in the highest bit rate possible, in multitrack form, NO noise reduction, NO additional compression, and downloadable with some kind of multitrack mixer you can use if you don't already have your own.

Oh, and all the artwork in high resolution including all unused photos from the cover/back cover photo sessions, and ALL the studio session photos relating to the recorded work.

AND last but not least...a "60 Years of Fun in the Sun" Tee shirt.  Smiley

Some of our forum members suffer from an acute form of cynicism resulting in a complete lack of patience and manners in the face of anything joyful or optimistic. Try to humor them as best you can for the time being, and one day, with your help, we will find a cure for this devastating disease. This has been a public service announcement.
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2014, 11:43:13 AM »

The Beach Boys Oddities (with the emphasis on odd)

The home for My Solution (and all the session talk), Lazy Lizzie, Drip Drop, Calendar Girls, a medley of renditions of Shortenin' Bread, the Brian bedroom tapes, the original Hey Little Tomboy, some Adult/Child tracks and the first official release of the 39-minute Murry Wilson/Help Me Rhonda session.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2014, 01:13:05 PM »

Sunflower Sessions deluxe set - stereo/matrix mixes plus outtakes and vocal/instrmental tracks

Yeah, that's my number 1 pretty much.
LdC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2014, 06:23:47 AM »

All this stuff should have been released over their 50th...... Lips Sealed

A comprehensive 2012 concert DVD should have come out by now. A complete show or best-of comp from the Wembley, ROH, Japan, and/or U.S. show(s). A 2-CD set at minimum.
I would love this.
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2014, 07:28:14 AM »

Unplugged at the Paramount!

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2014, 07:49:44 AM »

A live box covering their entire career with DVD of the central park concert that was on HBO and footage of the July 4th Washington DC concerts.  6 CD's should do it, including Chicago, Lei'd in Hawaii, Wild Honey 67 tour, Big Sur, Carnegie, outtakes from Live in London and In Concert, Paramount box set tour, etc.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2014, 02:13:35 PM »

A live box covering their entire career with DVD of the central park concert that was on HBO and footage of the July 4th Washington DC concerts.  6 CD's should do it, including Chicago, Lei'd in Hawaii, Wild Honey 67 tour, Big Sur, Carnegie, outtakes from Live in London and In Concert, Paramount box set tour, etc.

Love this idea but would like to see that selection expanded; we have a lot of it as reasonable soundboard boots already so let's have all that in the highest quality, augmented by, say six or seven discs (minimum, though the max ought to be somewhere in the low hundreds… cos we're not greedy or lusting or anything…) of live stuff that ISN'T already out there.  Gotta be stacks tucked away somewhere…

“We live in divisive times.”
slippingonthrough
Smiley Smile Associate

Male eagle walking down the street....

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2014, 10:48:28 PM »

Don't forget the 1978 Australian tour! Carl's vocals sounded very honest on that tour.
pmugghc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2014, 07:33:58 AM »

The Beach Boys In Concert Super Deluxe box set
Original In Concert 2LP on 1 CD + 4 CD Live selected shows 1971-75 + Carnegie Hall live DVD + Original Rough Mix single-LP
All packed in a Tour Road Case with the Brother Records logo.

My lifelong dream...

Yes! With more Dennis tracks, like River Song and I've got a Friend!
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2014, 05:41:10 PM »

Don't forget the 1978 Australian tour! Carl's vocals sounded very honest on that tour.

yea, even when Carl was drunk he still didn't sound half bad  Smiley.  all of those live tracks especially from 1970-75 would be awesome to release all together.

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2014, 05:44:26 PM »

yea, even when Carl was drunk he still didn't sound half bad  Smiley.  all of those live tracks especially from 1970-75 would be awesome to release all together.

Agreed. A funny comment I found on YouTube was "I'll take a drunken Carl over a sober Mike". The guy's not along in his opinion  LOL
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2014, 05:46:02 PM »

Agreed. A funny comment I found on YouTube was "I'll take a drunken Carl over a sober Mike". The guy's not along in his opinion  LOL

I remember seeing that too  LOL

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
chrs_mrgn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2014, 10:54:52 AM »

The Definitive Beach Boys Box Set.... Summer

Containing every snippet any of the members ever recorded.
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2014, 01:23:04 PM »

Like many have said already, I wanna see a DVD-boxset with the best live shows from early 70's to early 80's. There's got to be full shows on film somewhere, I've had enough of the small pieces seen in some documentaries and crappy VHS-copies in youtube. Put that out, include at least 3 complete full shows + other snippets and I'll buy it, don't care how much it costs. And please, don't put on the cover art images of sun, surfboards, beach, girls in bikinis, cars or write the word "good vibrations" to it. It's a crime that they haven't released in good quality, or in the matter of fact in any kind of quality, a single show including Blondie and Ricky, a show from the Brian's back-era, or a show from Dennis' last year. That stuff exists somewhere and I need to see it  Evil

edit: I forgot completely the 2012 RAH and Wembley shows, those should be finally released too, in that same boxset.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:25:29 PM by RiC » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx