gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:19:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Touring BB Bands of 2014  (Read 17965 times)
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2014, 06:06:13 PM »

Mike Love does something right!!!

But seriously...Mike and Bruce have cancelled their concert at Busch Gardens (owned by Sea World)...I can only assume this is because of the overwhelming amount of negative responses Mike's facebook has received about The Beach Boys performing there.

Thank you Mike!!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »

Don't know about Facebook, but here's a link to a local news story about concert cancellations, both M&B and Pat Benatar:
http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/353102/250/Busch-Gardens-concerts-canceled-over-Blackfish
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2014, 08:53:09 AM »

Unrelated to the above, this weekend's Mike & Bruce Houston show has also been canceled... apparently, by the venue, due to their own problems.

http://www.arenahouston.com/events/011814-sat-the-beach-boys-arenatheatre-houston-ticket/
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:31:03 AM by SonoraDick » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2014, 09:55:47 AM »

The Houston M&B show has been rescheduled to Oct. 9.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2014, 10:59:50 AM »

But seriously...Mike and Bruce have cancelled their concert at Busch Gardens (owned by Sea World)...I can only assume this is because of the overwhelming amount of negative responses Mike's facebook has received about The Beach Boys performing there.

Thank you Mike!!
Can we Smiley Smilers who were annoyed about the Seaworld show last year get some recognition?  Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »

Thank you Mike!!
Can we Smiley Smilers who were annoyed about the Seaworld show last year get some recognition?  Grin

Thumbs Up
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2014, 02:34:47 PM »

Thank you Mike!!

The power... the power...  Old Man

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2014, 12:24:10 PM »

I got an email from the Arcada Theater in St. Charles, IL with a show listing for the Surf City All Stars:

Sat., April 26 at 8PM
Surf City All Stars
The SURF CITY ALLSTARS are the only band on the planet endorsed by these Original Beach Boys: Mike Love, who hired each of the Allstars, Brian Wilson, who taught the Allstars' their vocals, and both Al Jardine and David Marks, who still tour with the Allstars.

Does anyone know if Al, Dave or Dean will be playing this show? The description makes it sound like Al and Dave are currently touring with them, but they are not in the picture. I might go to this show anyway, but I'll definitely go if Al and/or Dave are playing.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2014, 10:04:01 PM »

http://www.surfcityallstars.com/tourdates.html

According to their website, this show features Dean Torrence, but no Al or David.

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2014, 10:21:57 PM »

According to their website, this show features Dean Torrence, but no Al or David.

They've got a lot of shows! I was surprised to see that many bookings...and especially that many free bookings with Al and/or David.

Wish there was one closer!
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2014, 01:34:02 PM »

Thanks, Eric. There's a high probability I'll still go -- should still be a fun show.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2014, 09:24:33 AM »

Mike + Bruce on Austin city limits Jan 19th.. To be shown on cable at a later date  ??  With a forthcoming DVD release..?  Sounds interesting..

ONLY 4 days left on this Ebay listing to buy 3 seats for $70:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-19-2014-Austin-City-Limits-3-x-Beach-Boys-Tickets-/191047180874?hash=item2c7b4ca24a

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2014, 11:30:26 AM »

I saw Dean Torrence with the Surf City Allstars a few years back at a charity even for my local firefighters.  I was given the tickets by a friend that donated but couldn't go to the show.  If it's not insanely expensive, I'd say go.  It was a fun time.  The band plays well and does the songs justice.  Though Al nor David were there, the set was very heavy on Beach Boys tunes.  They played the 4 or 5 obvious Jan and Dean cuts, but other than that, it was mostly BB's stuff. 

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2014, 12:03:37 PM »

I saw Dean Torrence with the Surf City Allstars a few years back at a charity even for my local firefighters.  I was given the tickets by a friend that donated but couldn't go to the show.  If it's not insanely expensive, I'd say go.  It was a fun time.  The band plays well and does the songs justice.  Though Al nor David were there, the set was very heavy on Beach Boys tunes.  They played the 4 or 5 obvious Jan and Dean cuts, but other than that, it was mostly BB's stuff. 
Ditto! Saw them last summer.  The lineup varies a little but seeing the legendary Dean is great, and it will be fun.

They do justice to the work.

Go, it's fun!   Wink
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2014, 02:55:38 PM »

"The surf-pop hero, who co-wrote more than two dozen Top 40 hits for the Beach Boys, will perform his only UK performance of 2014 at the Kent event"

I find it really weird that they would say that. It could be just for fans to think this is the only chance to see BW in the UK, when really there has just been no planning towards more UK shows.
Brow

Ok Cork may not be in the UK but Brian's heading to Ireland in July.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0221/505799-beach-boy-brian-wilson-to-play-irish-concerts/
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2014, 06:41:14 AM »

I'm hoping he stops by the west coast this summer. I'd love to be able to see him again with my family.

MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2014, 06:03:21 AM »

Quite a few UK dates this year for the BB, very impressed even if the June dates are very expensive and/or highly-formal events and/or a pain to get to;

June 24 & 25 — London, England, UK (Hampton Court Palace Festival)
June 26 — Londonderry (Derry), Northern Ireland, UK
June 28 — Chichester, England, UK (Goodwood Festival of Speed) [can't find this advertised anywhere though]
July 17 — Epsom Downs, Epsom, UK

The latter only just announced, I think, and it's the one I'll be going to. Great gig there last time, sure it will be this time.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:04:58 AM by MaxL » Logged
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2014, 09:42:22 AM »

Maybe I'm wrong but Darian's Facebook (according to his "About" section) says he's not in the BW band as of 2013.
I wonder if he's out  Embarrassed

Any confirmation on this?

And according to BW.com

"[Brian] will be back in the fall to debut material from his new album and celebrate the release of his upcoming feature film."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:44:33 AM by RONDEMON » Logged
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2014, 10:53:47 AM »

If Brian isn't touring again until fall, he may want to keep his options open. He has left Brian's band in the past, including touring with Heart.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2014, 11:42:41 AM »

Looking at the BB UK schedule I noticed how it coincides with Brian's appearance at Cork 7/4. Hmmmm.

"ladies and gentlemen...please welcome my cousin, Mike Love"

Crowd goes wild
Smiley Smiley Message Board melts down

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2014, 01:08:25 PM »

June 28 — Goodwood UK - Festival Of Speed
June 29 — Joliet, IL - Festival

According to the BB Band site they play back in the US June 29.

Looks like they are going to be collecting those air-miles this summer.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:16:16 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »

Do we have confirmation from Mike that July 17th is happening? I haven't been able to find that anywhere but this board.

I REALLY doubt Mike and Brian will play together or even be in the same room together in 2014.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2014, 01:41:38 PM »

Newmarket July 18

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cambridge/Surfin-legends-The-Beach-Boys-to-play-at-Newmarket-Nights-minus-Brian-Wilson-20140227090812.htm
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2014, 03:52:10 PM »

Got my tickets for Brian today, I'll pass on whatever "The Beach Boys" are doing this summer

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2014, 04:27:20 PM »

Do we have confirmation from Mike that July 17th is happening? I haven't been able to find that anywhere but this board.

https://www.facebook.com/EpsomDownsRacecourse?fref=ts or (for the non-Facebook inclined) http://www.epsomdowns.co.uk
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx