gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681530 Posts in 27641 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 11, 2024, 06:14:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Survivor #16 WINNER: TIME TO GET ALONE!!!  (Read 67892 times)
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2014, 08:25:11 AM »

Be with Me

As a relative newbie to the 1968-73 material, I actually like All I Want To Do. There are better songs in the world, but I dig the "OMG this is the BBs?" shock of it, and Mike's vocals are pretty cool.

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2014, 10:37:51 AM »

Cotton Fields

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2014, 01:09:59 PM »

All I Want To Do.
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2014, 01:18:14 PM »

Never Learn Not to Love--nothing to do with Manson, just not my fave tune
bluesno1fann
« Reply #204 on: January 06, 2014, 02:52:48 PM »

retro/messofhelp

I am going to have to politely ask you guys to accept that people have different opinions and by their very nature as opinions they are neither right nor wrong. Others like different stuff than you. Deal with it.

It's a huge drag to count votes and have to wade through your excessive back and forth. Discussion of the tracks is ok, but not to the point where you are monopolizing the thread.

I know you are both new here and your exuberance is o.k. Just rein it in a bit, ok?

I'm not new...
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »

Hate to vote for it but "cotton fields"

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2014, 03:14:36 PM »

retro/messofhelp

I am going to have to politely ask you guys to accept that people have different opinions and by their very nature as opinions they are neither right nor wrong. Others like different stuff than you. Deal with it.

It's a huge drag to count votes and have to wade through your excessive back and forth. Discussion of the tracks is ok, but not to the point where you are monopolizing the thread.

I know you are both new here and your exuberance is o.k. Just rein it in a bit, ok?

I understand you and I can respect other people's opinions but when they start attacking him using Brian songs as weapons like Gabo did (the guy that started this whole thing) that's the kind of stuff I was talking about.  Denny looked up to Brian and stood by his side and when Brian took a downward spiral it was Denny who really stepped up musically and some people on this board seems to have forgotten that  Undecided

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2014, 03:17:36 PM »

retro/messofhelp

I'm not new...

July 2013 is new. Not December 2013 new.

You are new.

Now... the length of your membership isn't at issue here. The issue is spamming my thread. So just apologize for helping to make this last update a HUMONGOUS PAIN IN THE NECK for me and be on your way.  Grin
bluesno1fann
« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »

retro/messofhelp

I understand you and I can respect other people's opinions but when they start attacking him using Brian songs as weapons like Gabo did (the guy that started this whole thing) that's the kind of stuff I was talking about.  Denny looked up to Brian and stood by his side and when Brian took a downward spiral it was Denny who really stepped up musically and some people on this board seems to have forgotten that  Undecided

Exactly! I say blame Gabo.
Virtually everywhere I see him, he trashes Denny's work!
Rarely I see him say something good about his songs
Little Bird, NLNTL and possibly Forever aside, he generally takes pleasure in what he's doing.
Yet we're the ones people complain about....
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2014, 03:19:44 PM »

retro/messofhelp

You don't know Gabo in real life. He is an anonymous guy on the internet who is entitled to his opinion, so long as he isn't breaking any rules. If you are going to spend much time here your skin needs to get a helluva lot thicker. Again, deal with it somewhere else. Don't clog up my thread with useless smilies and argumentative banter. Keep it constructive. Don't feed the trolls. etc....
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2014, 03:20:27 PM »

Exactly! I say blame Gabo.
Virtually everywhere I see him, he trashes Denny's work!
Rarely I see him say something good about his songs
Little Bird, NLNTL and possibly Forever aside, he generally takes pleasure in what he's doing.
Yet we're the ones people complain about....

Gabo's opinions don't clog my thread with spam. Move on.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2014, 03:21:12 PM »

retro/messofhelp

I'm not new...

You are new.

Now... the length of your membership isn't at issue here. The issue is spamming my thread. So just apologize for helping to make this last update a HUMONGOUS PAIN IN THE NECK for me and be on your way.  Grin

6 months isn't that new in my book.
But in this case people have a difference of opinions.
I apologize for "spamming" on this thread.

P.S. At least we were having a discussion directly related to this thread, instead of starting a new topic or talk about/spam completely unrelated stuff.
In no way Retrokid and Myself are trolls. If you do think that I apologize, and please don't be misunderstood.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 03:26:32 PM by MessOfHelp101 » Logged
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2014, 03:21:55 PM »

Look, you don't have to defend Dennis - that's not your job.

Just let it go.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2014, 03:23:21 PM »

retro/messofhelp

I'm not new...

You are new.

6 months isn't that new in my book.
But in this case people have a difference of opinions.
I apologize for "spamming" on this thread

Me too....... Undecided

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2014, 03:27:06 PM »

Tip of the hat to pixletwin for keeping these survivors going, must be a pain in the neck tallying the votes

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2014, 03:27:37 PM »

Just let it go.

We know we don't "have to" I felt the need to because he gets the short end of the stick quite a lot regarding his music.  and I'll be ready to do it again if I need to, but I don't want to ruin this guy's thread because he's right it wasn't intended for this  Undecided

-Dennis Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 06, 2014, 03:31:20 PM »

Quit posting about it then. This spamming is pissing me off.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2014, 03:32:18 PM »

Just let it go.

We know we don't "have to" I felt the need to because he gets the short end of the stick quite a lot regarding his music.  and I'll be ready to do it again if I need to, but I don't want to ruin this guy's thread because he's right it wasn't intended for this  Undecided

You don't need to respond.

Vote,  say your peace, and go off somewhere else. Come back for the next round. That is how this works.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2014, 03:32:36 PM »

Quit posting about it then. This spamming is pissing me off.

I'm surprised you would even care about what goes on in the Survivor threads.
You never even participate lol

Just let it go.

Just about to say that.
Plus Dennis is dead. Someone has to defend him, he can't defend himself anymore.

Anyway enough with the discussion. Let's just go back to how Pixletwin wants the Survivor threads to be, which was frankly far more peaceful

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 03:35:55 PM by MessOfHelp101 » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 06, 2014, 04:42:26 PM »

Let's face it, when Dennis first started writing, some of his stuff was very much in the 'oh look Ringo has wrote a song, how cute' vein. It's obvious that his Friends/20/20 songs are not going to outlast the best of what Brian was still producing during this period. Dennis upped his game considerably from Sunflower onwards and I expect once the 70s album threads start the voting will reflect this.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2014, 04:53:57 PM »

Let's face it, when Dennis first started writing, some of his stuff was very much in the 'oh look Ringo has wrote a song, how cute' vein. It's obvious that his Friends/20/20 songs are not going to outlast the best of what Brian was still producing during this period. Dennis upped his game considerably from Sunflower onwards and I expect once the 70s album threads start the voting will reflect this.

I can understand where you're coming from but when Gabo made that comment on the Friends thread, he wasn't so much attacking the song "Be Still" he was attacking Dennis himself which is what started this whole thing.  But we said we would leave this alone, I don't wanna cause anymore problems for Pixletwin  Undecided

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #221 on: January 06, 2014, 04:58:24 PM »

I can understand where you're coming from but when Gabo made that comment on the Friends thread, he wasn't so much attacking the song "Be Still" he was attacking Dennis himself which is what started this whole thing.  But we said we would leave this alone, I don't wanna cause anymore problems for Pixletwin  Undecided

Yeah, Gabo started this whole mess. He does this all the time, in fact there's a whole list of threads where he's said similar stuff

I dunno about that. I for one love his songs from the Friends/20/20 era. Be With Me is a masterpiece, All I Want To Do is such a great song to dance to, Never Learn Not To Love is interesting and unique, Little Bird and Be Still are both beautiful and amazing considering they are his first compositions.
The only Denny tracks I don't care for much during that period is Mona Kana, and Celebrate The News.
I feel bad for Dennis that the band treated him like that and was always under-appreciated in his own band.

Now I'm going to shut my mouth. No doubt Pixletwin is already sick of this discussion, and I have no intention of pissing him off further
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 06, 2014, 05:01:45 PM »

Are you two going to vote your least faves or what?
bluesno1fann
« Reply #223 on: January 06, 2014, 05:04:27 PM »

We already did...
Retrokid voted for Cottonfields.
I voted for Do It Again, then changed my vote to Cottonfields in an attempt to save All I Want To Do
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 06, 2014, 05:04:52 PM »

We already voted for Cotton Fields

-Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx