gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681486 Posts in 27638 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 07, 2024, 09:04:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Dennis  (Read 10164 times)
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2013, 05:23:32 PM »

look mike ive impreganted ur doughter lol

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2013, 05:29:56 PM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2013, 05:34:23 PM »

look mike ive impreganted ur doughter lol

The BBs saga is unfortunately a soap opera with no parallel in rock history that I can think of. It's literally like watching the original series of Dallas, with wheeling, dealing, backstabbing, cheating, tragedy, mindgames, facepalms, etc. etc. to a degree that you only thought The Ewing/Barnes families could actually achieve.  Sometimes, you gotta wonder if soap operas like Dallas actually looked to the BBs for story inspiration.  Roll Eyes

But... we have the music, and we love The BBs.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 05:39:06 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2013, 05:50:18 PM »

There really should be a TV series following the Beach Boys. It can start really happy and positively, but as the first season goes on, things would get darker. The season finale would be David dramatically taking his leave, with the rest of the BBs wondering what to do, ending with giving 'that guy with the teeth' a call. Season 2 would start with them playing with him on stage in Britain.
By the time we get to the weird incest stuff, there would have been atleast 5 seasons of insanity to prepare us.

retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2013, 05:53:18 PM »

There really should be a TV series following the Beach Boys. It can start really happy and positively, but as the first season goes on, things would get darker. The season finale would be David dramatically taking his leave, with the rest of the BBs wondering what to do, ending with giving 'that guy with the teeth' a call. Season 2 would start with them playing with him on stage in Britain.
By the time we get to the weird incest stuff, there would have been atleast 5 seasons of insanity to prepare us.

That. Would. Be. AWESOME!!!!!  Grin that could make up for them not having their own cartoon back in the day and now that the Drummer Movie is on hold Sad

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2013, 06:11:58 PM »

Which one is laudable a) I knocked up my underage second cousin b) I knocked up my underage  supposed second cousin c) I knocked up an underage non-cousin?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2013, 09:19:27 PM »

Which one is laudable a) I knocked up my underage second cousin b) I knocked up my underage  supposed second cousin c) I knocked up an underage non-cousin?

that's a tough one LOL as much as I love Denny that was really low down.  but like some have said, how come all of a sudden Mike took an interest?  he can take an interest with that but I heard he wasn't there for her when he found out she had been sick...that was low down too.  here's another thing, I haven't read the original "The Real Beach Boy" book yet (still waiting for the rerelease) and I'm not even done with the one I just got (so far so great). I'm on 1974 and haven't really gotten to the Denny vs. Mike stuff yet but I don't understand how Denny could have no problem beating up mike love but he couldn't beat up mike's little brothers.  did he ever get revenge for them kicking him in the throat, because they ruined some stellar vocal chords there (tics me off  Angry)  or is there more to that story than I already think I know?

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Bill Ed
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2013, 11:48:41 PM »

Dennis became dysfunctional at some point, and a drag on the show.  I attended a show where he came out on stage drunk and acted like a buffoon. 

Fair enough. Now what is Mike's excuse?
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2013, 12:12:22 AM »

Dennis became dysfunctional at some point, and a drag on the show.  I attended a show where he came out on stage drunk and acted like a buffoon. 

Yea who's bright idea was it to have Mike  Old Man and Bruce Johnston  Geek go on nation wide t.v. (well Full House) and give Dennis' best "released" song  dennis to John Stamos  Wall (I love Uncle Jesse and his admiration for the band but...) and then try to turn him into the "cousin he never had with Dennis"?  the new version of "Forever" is so over the top.  the wedding version was nice but the music video...don't get me started. Angry

-Dennis Wilson
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2013, 10:01:44 AM »

that's a tough one LOL as much as I love Denny that was really low down.  but like some have said, how come all of a sudden Mike took an interest?  he can take an interest with that but I heard he wasn't there for her when he found out she had been sick...that was low down too.  here's another thing, I haven't read the original "The Real Beach Boy" book yet (still waiting for the rerelease) and I'm not even done with the one I just got (so far so great). I'm on 1974 and haven't really gotten to the Denny vs. Mike stuff yet but I don't understand how Denny could have no problem beating up mike love but he couldn't beat up mike's little brothers. 

BB fandom doesn't generally like complexity but it could be a complex situation, it might even be outside the fan based stereotypes.

As far as I know there is no evidence proving Mike was Shawn's father. I believe Mike has always denied it but also I'm told he allowed Shawn to use his name and paid support for her. One could speculate that Mike had reason to think he was not the father but saavy enough to know he might be, so held by his belief but did the right thing just in case in the face of uncertainty.

Can't really come up with a speculative justification for Denny's behavior, anyone?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2013, 11:50:12 AM »

One would think that if there was an issue about this girl's paternity, it would have come up when she was a small child and would have been resolved by a blood test.  Why so much uncertainty about something that the courts deal with all the time.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2013, 12:22:44 PM »

There was a court case, and the outcome was paternity was probable but not proven.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2013, 12:50:16 PM »

There you go, there must have been some evidence to indicate that Mike was her father. most importantly, a relationship between Mike and the girl's mother.  And then there's the question almost everyone asks, did she look like Mike Love?

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »

Yea who's bright idea was it to have Mike  Old Man and Bruce Johnston  Geek go on nation wide t.v. (well Full House) and give Dennis' best "released" song  dennis to John Stamos  Wall (I love Uncle Jesse and his admiration for the band but...) and then try to turn him into the "cousin he never had with Dennis"?  the new version of "Forever" is so over the top.  the wedding version was nice but the music video...don't get me started. Angry
Dennis did struggle.  I, too, saw him "compromised." There is greater knowledge, information, treatment and tolerance for those who are challenged in this way, now. 

As far as "Forever" being promoted and marketed by someone who had over a million YouTube hits for Forever, I'm not arguing with success. It was sort of a side B song for many years until Stamos made it explode in the mainstream.  It is a nice song, but I love the passion he sang, "You are so Beautiful" with.   

Taking a b-side (my take) and getting it popularized is fantastic, and decades after-the-fact.   I like Stamos' approach to getting the BB music to another generation, and never argue with success.  He took a risk, professionally, to do it, as well.  And the song won.  And the resurgence of popularity with a younger audience happened.  All good, in my book.   Wink
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2013, 01:16:37 PM »

There was a court case, and the outcome was paternity was probable but not proven.

Which I assume basically means that Mike didn't submit a DNA sample so they had to compare it to a relatives DNA sample.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2013, 01:19:15 PM »

Dennis did struggle.  I, too, saw him "compromised." There is greater knowledge, information, treatment and tolerance for those who are challenged in this way, now. 

As far as "Forever" being promoted and marketed by someone who had over a million YouTube hits for Forever, I'm not arguing with success. It was sort of a side B song for many years until Stamos made it explode in the mainstream.  It is a nice song, but I love the passion he sang, "You are so Beautiful" with.   

Taking a b-side (my take) and getting it popularized is fantastic, and decades after-the-fact.   I like Stamos' approach to getting the BB music to another generation, and never argue with success.  He took a risk, professionally, to do it, as well.  And the song won.  And the resurgence of popularity with a younger audience happened.  All good, in my book.   Wink

yea you have a point I just wish that it had been either Carl or Brian to give it to him instead those two morons  Old Man Geek

-Dennis Wilson
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »

ooh here's another one to think about...if Denny was the cousin and Mike was the Wilson brother, would our opinions for them change as in Denny's a jerk and Mike is awesome? or would it actually get worse, because Denny supported Brian 110% and if Mike was Brian's brother, wouldn't the jealousy be even greater?  Undecided

-Dennis Wilson
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »

yea you have a point I just wish that it had been either Carl or Brian to give it to him instead those two morons  Old Man Geek
IIRC, Carl and Brian both appeared on Full House.  It was on Sunflower. And, as a single, flip side of Cool, Cool Water.  Maybe it should have been the A-side.  Carl did it live a lot after Dennis died.  If I had to guess, Carl and Brian might have been delighted to have anyone promote it, keeping a spark of their brother alive, especially with a new generation, but it was a BRI release (Reprise) and of course on the C50 setlist.  Mike and Bruce are no morons.  I have no idea who "gave it" but looks like it is under the BRI umbrella.  Andrew might know more about this.  Otherwise it is just conjecture.
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2013, 02:15:04 PM »

Plus... Dennis married Mike's illegitimate daughter.

Was it ever shown she was Mike's child beyond having sympathetic blood type?

Shawn Love certainly looked a hell of a lot like Mike. Not that looking like someone means for sure they are related, but it would be very surprising to me if they weren't father/daughter. Kind of like the young lady who in recent years emerged as Denny's youngest daughter. Strong family resemblance with the Wilsons (and their kids) and the Loves (and their kids). Modern DNA tests would certainly have answered the question.

Did the Mike-Shawn paternity issue just get swept under the rug and never acknowledged/dealt with after she married Dennis? Not that it's exactly the public's business... but we are curious BB superfans.

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2013, 02:17:25 PM »

[/quote]
Kind of like the young lady who in recent years emerged as Denny's youngest daughter. Strong family resemblance with the Wilsons (and their kids) and the Loves (and their kids).
[/quote]

LOL ! Couldn't be too long before THAT subject reared its head again !

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2013, 02:26:04 PM »

There you go, there must have been some evidence to indicate that Mike was her father. most importantly, a relationship between Mike and the girl's mother.  And then there's the question almost everyone asks, did she look like Mike Love?

Not sure I see Mike in her face?

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2013, 04:55:43 PM »

Not sure I see Mike in her face?

If anything, I'd say it's in the eyes.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2013, 05:12:42 PM »

They're cold. Like a dolls eyes.

urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »

The girl in that photo looks like a child.

I'm not sure a DNA test for paternity was available in the early 1980's when this issue came up.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »

The girl in that photo looks like a child.

I'm not sure a DNA test for paternity was available in the early 1980's when this issue came up.

did Denny do this more out of spite than love or the other way around?  Undecided

-Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx