gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680879 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 03:02:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds "Deluxe" Blu-Ray Audio  (Read 9143 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2013, 12:17:12 AM »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00GXQEJ9I/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1387613463&sr=1-1

For those fans who haven't heard this reasonably good album yet, and have a Blu-Ray player… I recommend the singles Wouldn't It Be Nice, and God Only Knows, which was Paul McCartney's favourite song, in fact.

“We live in divisive times.”
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 12:32:49 AM »

Those were on Endless Summer! Wow, must be a sunny album.

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »

Those were on Endless Summer! Wow, must be a sunny album.
I understand your sarcasm, I would make that same joke...but I'm pretty sure those two tunes weren't on Endless Summer....only pre-Pet Sounds items were on the album.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 10:27:01 PM »

I meant Sounds of Summer  Sad

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 01:04:15 PM »

This release seems to have disappeared off the radar…

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 03:16:42 PM »

This release seems to have disappeared off the radar…

Unless you go...
  here: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Beach-Boys-Pet-Sounds-Blu-ray/93431/
  here: http://www.play.com/stores/MediaGiant/listing/921949946
  here:   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEACH-BOYS-PET-SOUNDS-HI-FIDELITY-PURE-AUDIO-BLU-RAY-2014-/360828366766
  here:  http://movies-blu-ray.nl/index.php?item=beach-boys---pet-sounds--bluray-audio&action=article&aid=4180&lang=EN 
  here: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/75742/The_Beach_Boys-Pet_Sounds-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD 
( I'm getting tired...) 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 03:20:44 PM »

Ah…

Amazon UK was suggesting I cancel my order…

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »

Might be a price thing… my Amazon order's locked in at a price that's around 20-25% lower than any of those other traders are offering … amazon have done this before…

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 05:24:16 PM »

Might be a price thing… my Amazon order's locked in at a price that's around 20-25% lower than any of those other traders are offering … amazon have done this before…

Force them to sell it to you!!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 12:36:19 AM »

Did anyone ever mange to pick up a copy of this Blu-Ray? Any opinions?

PhilCohen
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »

Did anyone ever mange to pick up a copy of this Blu-Ray? Any opinions?

Does the disc actually exist?
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 02:25:18 AM »

I don't think it's "out" yet - and with little news or other heraldry on the horizon; have you seen it about?

Discussion at the Hoff-board indirectly suggests we PS enthusiasts may have dodged a sonic bullet, as it seems the lion's share of the Blu-ee releases have been a bit average and the general release program a little iffy. 

Hear good things about the Quadrophenia release though (5.1 + original & naughties stereo mixes), might pick that up at some stage.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 03:06:35 AM »

I still have it on order with SpinCDs in Newscastle (UK) but they've told me the release was postponed. As Chris pointed out above it was being sold by someone in Ireland on eBay but that listing has sold out - five copies went, according to the listing, but I suspect no-one received copies.

Still think the files used would have been the same as those on the SACD/CD hybrid that came out fairly recently.

ToneBender631
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 04:24:31 AM »

I still have it on order with SpinCDs in Newscastle (UK) but they've told me the release was postponed. As Chris pointed out above it was being sold by someone in Ireland on eBay but that listing has sold out - five copies went, according to the listing, but I suspect no-one received copies.

Still think the files used would have been the same as those on the SACD/CD hybrid that came out fairly recently.

To my knowledge, MFSL doesn't do Blu-Ray releases of any sort so I doubt it would be the same source.
Vega-Table Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 04:30:51 AM »

To my knowledge, MFSL doesn't do Blu-Ray releases of any sort so I doubt it would be the same source.

Correct; it's almost 100% unlikely this would be the same mastering at the Mobile Fidelity SACD. There's no way MoFi would pay for the licensing rights and then just allow another company to issue their mastering on another format.
ToneBender631
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 04:44:59 AM »

Correct; it's almost 100% unlikely this would be the same mastering at the Mobile Fidelity SACD. There's no way MoFi would pay for the licensing rights and then just allow another company to issue their mastering on another format.

It seems everything in BB land is about licenses, doesn't it?  Grin
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 05:13:03 AM »

It seems everything in BB land is about licenses, doesn't it?  Grin
Do you have the license to suspect that?
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 05:14:42 AM »

Agree they will be the same files (stereo mixes prepared by Mark L); thus nothing new in terms of content/revelations.

However, the MoFi version was SACD mastered by a MoFi man (Rob LoVerde) using MoFi propriety mastering technology things (the Gain 2 system); thus producing a very specific (but grrreat) MoFi sonic product.

It's all dog's ears stuff (and rather academic at this juncture), but I would be suprised if a Pure Audio release matched or bettered the MoFi - but it would still be a nifty grab for those who can't afford or access the SACD layer.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 06:53:25 AM »

I don't think it's "out" yet - and with little news or other heraldry on the horizon; have you seen it about?

Discussion at the Hoff-board indirectly suggests we PS enthusiasts may have dodged a sonic bullet, as it seems the lion's share of the Blu-ee releases have been a bit average and the general release program a little iffy. 

Hear good things about the Quadrophenia release though (5.1 + original & naughties stereo mixes), might pick that up at some stage.

You just reminded me why i purchased an Emovita UMC-1...(prices fells when company announced the newer XMC-1)

Quadrophenia in Quad sound is something I would like to hear!

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 02:54:18 AM »

From UME store, for those who may be interested in a generic update:
----------------------------------------------------------
Customer email address:  alanmsmith@xxxxxxxx.com.au Customer name:  Al Order number : 
Customer message:  Hey there - is Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys coming out in Pure Audio Blu ray format - cheers - Al
----------------------------------------------------------

Hello Alan,

Thank you for your email.

I've been advised by the label that there were plans to release this, but it's currently been put on hold. We do not have any more information on this at the moment, so can only advise that you check the web store for any future updates.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards

XXXXXX  XXXXX
Customer Services Support

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 02:03:53 PM »

Thanks Alan, that confirms suspicions.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 04:02:13 PM »

Looks like this might be back on the cards:  what sh*t timing, what with the Japanese SHM-CD, Platinum SHM-CD, Analogue Productions mono/stereo SACD, and separate stereo and mono vinyl pressings. Wonder if they can squeeze out a titanium-plated merino wool version as well…

http://theseconddisc.com/2015/02/18/lets-go-away-for-awhile-the-beach-boys-pet-sounds-comes-to-blu-ray-audio/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P11J888/

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 01:29:17 PM »

Looks like this might be back on the cards:  what sh*t timing, what with the Japanese SHM-CD, Platinum SHM-CD, Analogue Productions mono/stereo SACD, and separate stereo and mono vinyl pressings. Wonder if they can squeeze out a titanium-plated merino wool version as well…

http://theseconddisc.com/2015/02/18/lets-go-away-for-awhile-the-beach-boys-pet-sounds-comes-to-blu-ray-audio/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P11J888/

Merino wool CDs are regarded highly by audiophiles for their dampening qualities, although some find the overall sound a bit soft & light in colour.

Whilst a bit of a PS glut approaches, not a bad, probably inexpensive and quick (in my experience these Blu's are in major stores) way to get a HD cut - depending on how it sounds (who'n'what mastered, etc).

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 02:21:45 PM »

Man OH man!!!  Thank goodness they're putting this on HOLD.  Talk about IRONY!!!  Brian releases his  BEST ever Beach Boys album 'Pet Sounds' in 1966 and it gets sabotaged by HIS OWN record company who race to, instead, release a Best Of album while 'Pet Sounds' is trying to make its mark...thus dividing the fan-base who have but X-number of dollars to spend on a Beach Boys album.  Some obviously chose Best Of...complete with Louie Louie.  THEN the record company lied about sales figures and dollars and The Beach Boys wondered wtf is going on. Shocked

And now that Brian is about to release what will turn out to be his MOST successful solo album yet...at least potentially and deservedly...Pet Sounds of all things gets re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-released YET AGAIN thus sabotaging the NEW solo album No Pier Pressure Huh ?? ?? ?? ?? Shocked

Puleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse. Roll Eyes

Only in Beach Boysville could THIS be even remotely possible.  It's FUCKING unbelievable.

And sad.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 02:30:15 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 02:33:38 PM »

Man OH man!!!  Thank goodness they're putting this on HOLD.  Talk about IRONY!!!  Brian releases his  BEST ever Beach Boys album 'Pet Sounds' in 1966 and it gets sabotaged by HIS OWN record company who race to, instead, release a Best Of album while 'Pet Sounds' is trying to make its mark...thus dividing the fan-base who have but X-number of dollars to spend on a Beach Boys album.  Some obviously chose Best Of...complete with Louie Louie.  THEN the record company lied about sales figures and dollars and The Beach Boys wondered wtf is going on. Shocked

And now that Brian is about to release what will turn out to be his MOST successful solo album yet...at least potentially and deservedly...Pet Sounds of all things gets re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-released YET AGAIN thus sabotaging the NEW solo album No Pier Pressure Huh ?? ?? ?? ?? Shocked

Puleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse. Roll Eyes

Only in Beach Boysville could THIS be even remotely possible.  It's FUCKING unbelievable.

And sad.

Not sure if serious...
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx