-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:53:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD's comments
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD's comments  (Read 44949 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2013, 12:22:28 PM »

Well said.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2013, 12:37:23 PM »

5 pages already.... isn't it about time for this to morph into an anti-Mike thread???

Evil

LOL

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2013, 12:39:10 PM »

I think the TM teachings picked up by AGD from Mike Love have been working.... LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2013, 01:15:48 PM »

OK. I gotta weight in here.

I think AGD's comments in regards to Muslims and gays are deplorable. But he did apologize about the gays. However, why is it that we are still allowing him to continue on this board while he willingly posts hate about a certain religion (on a topic he really doesn't understand...he might know The Beach Boys well, but I don't think he understands government policy very much, sounds like he buys into what the right-wing hate groups in his country tell him to think). But anyways Mods, will have be held to task for posting hate about one religion in particular? I hope he doesn't get banned, but I think posting things like that are in very poor taste and extremely hurtful and uniformed.

And while I do think ORR went a bit overboard in criticizing AGD's use of that Native American photo, I think a lot of people on here are jumping all over him here, because they wanna make him look foolish while making sure that we don't lose Andrew and all his knowledge.

I think more people are jumping on ORR because he wouldn't let it go. And then kept going off on more tangents from there.  
I also don't think AGD is constantly spouting about any particular religion, but he did mention those damn muslims this time. Many people post about many things, now and then, tied to to what they're posting on the BBs and very few get called out for it.
I presume you're saying that anyone that posts once about something you find in poor taste should be beaten?  Then banned the next time?  Going to be a mighty small board...  Maybe the constant influx of new 10 year old fans who know everything about everything, will make up for it

Who ever said AGD was 'constantly' saying offensive things about religion, 'damn muslims' or otherwise? Once was enough.

I'm an atheist - as with 99% of the worlds scientists, I think all religion is basically nonsense - but that doesn't mean I approve of people using Muslims as scapegoats. Tell you what, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a Muslim in Britain today with the amount of venom they have poured on them from certain sections of the press/public. I don't care what benefits were (supposedly) being offered...  

Exactly. Wherever anybody stands, and I think this whole thing should cool down, Andrew still is typing up stuff about how minorities and Muslims are abusing the system. And while, yes, there are surely Muslims doing exactly what he says, I'm sure there are many, many more white people doing this same damn thing or even worse. Yet you don't see Andrew going on about white people on the board, or going into a public office, and making off-color remarks about people of a certain religion. In fact, I find it kinda sad that he would go in there saying that thing about "waving the Qur'an", because to me (as a person who deals with the public) it would seem like this person had some irrational hatred for a group. Honestly, that kinda reminds me of people like Michele Bachmann. There are crappy people of all shapes, sizes and colors. Especially people abusing government programs. It ain't just Muslims.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:19:25 PM by sweetdudejim » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2013, 01:38:11 PM »

After reading all the crap in this thread, it does my heart good, that there appears to be so many infallible people in this Beach Boys forum. That they never had a bad thought about anything or anyone. Truly amazing, and should be commended for attaining such utter perfection. WOW!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2013, 01:45:21 PM »

Wherever anybody stands, and I think this whole thing should cool down, Andrew still is typing up stuff about how minorities and Muslims are abusing the system. And while, yes, there are surely Muslims doing exactly what he says, I'm sure there are many, many more white people doing this same damn thing or even worse. Yet you don't see Andrew going on about white people on the board, or going into a public office, and making off-color remarks about people of a certain religion.

I used to manage a c-store in one of the two worst council estates in my town. Of a Thursday, the workshy scum and lowlife who infested the area (all white, and who treated my store like it was a food/alcohol bank - shoplifting skills were passed down from father to son, and I'm not making that up, I caught one doing it) would waddle in, get their benefits and then come up to the counter and buy scratchcards, cigarettes and booze. I had to be polite to these sorry excuses for humans. My mother, who worked all her life, up to 70, and paid all her taxes and contributions had to exist on the lowest basic pension and income support. If you like, I can rant about them too, but frankly, I've had a gutful of them. Just because I don't mention someone doesn't mean I don't despise them.  Grin

In no particular order (except for the first) I detest:

Morrissey
The English Defence League
The Westboro Baptists
The likes of Abu Hamza
The Daily Mail
Benefit scroungers al all religions, creeds and colors
Robert Mugabe
Anyone who confuses Roma and gypsies with tinkers and travellers
Tinkers and travellers
Most of the punters in my shop
Bigots
Zealots
Fundamentalists of any persuasion
Sacha Baron Cohen
The NRA

That'll do for now, I think.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2013, 01:47:09 PM »

Oh, and the shitweasel who wrote "Barbara-f******-Ann" !  Grin

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2013, 01:55:52 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2013, 02:01:27 PM »

Sacha Baron Cohen
Really? Of all people, why him?
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2013, 02:02:07 PM »

AGD , You really do crack me up at times  LOL
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2013, 02:04:42 PM »

Oh, and the shitweasel who wrote "Barbara-f******-Ann" !  Grin

Some twat called Fred Farter   Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Ann
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2013, 02:06:37 PM »

Oh there's plenty of white trash scum in the UK. The Jeremy Kyle show would be comedy gold if it wasn't for the simple fact that these are real people living amongst us.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2013, 02:16:52 PM »

Sacha Baron Cohen
Really? Of all people, why him?

Ali G was superb because he was taking the royal piss out of white yoof pretending to be black street kids (if they'd realised at the time, he might not be here now). With Borat, it was all downhill faster than a greased piglet on ice. He's of a kind with Russell Brand - not nearly as clever or edgy as he thinks he is.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:18:38 PM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

D Cunningham
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2013, 02:59:17 PM »

Whoa...just got wind of this discussion from MSNBC.  I'd like to stand up for my dear (and old) friend, AGD.
We were just pups when he visited the new land some 30 years ago and bunked with me for a month.
Took time out from his investigations to advise me on a teeth-cutting political-community project--making
the Irish in Minneapolis attend to a dress code.  For the record, it was AGD who convinced me
it should be not only the Catholics but also the Protestants.  So what I'm saying is, AGD takes the broader
view.  He taught me something about meta-ideology.  Which is also wisdom.  He has my thanks.
Jason
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2013, 04:03:44 PM »

Doing us all a favor and locking this one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: