gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 07:07:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Stones Pacific Tour  (Read 2709 times)
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2013, 06:47:05 AM »

The Rolling Stones just announed the next of their tour, stopping through "TOKYO, MACAU, ABU DHABI, AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND"

I'll be at the Macau show! I have an "in" here, so I'll hopefully be getting some backstage passes  Grin Grin Grin

Who else will be seeing one of these shows and just how excited should I be!?!?

bluesno1fann
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:01:05 PM »

I'll be either at Adelaide Oval or Rod Laver Arena
If I don't get good tickets from Rod Laver, I'll be at the Adelaide Oval.
I am totally looking forward to it! Mick Taylor with them is going to be worthwhile, but I'm quite disappointed that Bill Wyman wouldn't come.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 12:01:14 PM »

Who else will be seeing one of these shows and just how excited should I be!?!?

I saw them a handful of times when they did the US earlier this year.  They're playing very well these days which was a surprise considering how things were looking at the end of the ABB tour.  Mick and Charlie are superb, Ronnie is keeping it together and Keith is taking his role a bit more seriously than we've seen him: he's looking down, focused on the guitar.  The song selection leave a lot to be desired so if you're a fan who just knows the hits...you will not be disappointed in the least.  If you're a serious fan who would like to see a few more deeper cuts then you might be disappointed.  Either way, it should be a fun ass night.  Be sure to report back with a review!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 04:22:26 PM »

Did you see Mick Taylor sit in..?  Love The Stones..!
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 04:36:37 PM »

Either way, it should be a fun ass night.  Be sure to report back with a review!

Will do, hopefully from some good seats ^^ Pretty sure Mick Taylor will be at my show.

Its says they're doing some deep cuts as a well as a few "unexpected covers" so we'll see what they turn out to be.

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 04:37:46 PM »

Yes indeed, he was at every show on the tour and came out for "Midnight Rambler."  On the final West Coast show in LA, they brought him out for a record 4 songs:  "Sway" "Can't You Hear Me Knockin" "Midnight Rambler" and to play acoustic guitar on "Satisfaction." I'll never forget the moment they ripped into "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and there was Taylor on stage with them.  Simply euphoric.  The Taylor factor definitely added a little something to the shows...I hope everyone down under gets even more Taylor in the set.  It's very doubtful but it'd be nice.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 04:47:12 PM »

Yes indeed, he was at every show on the tour and came out for "Midnight Rambler."  On the final West Coast show in LA, they brought him out for a record 4 songs:  "Sway" "Can't You Hear Me Knockin" "Midnight Rambler" and to play acoustic guitar on "Satisfaction." I'll never forget the moment they ripped into "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and there was Taylor on stage with them.  Simply euphoric.  The Taylor factor definitely added a little something to the shows...I hope everyone down under gets even more Taylor in the set.  It's very doubtful but it'd be nice.

I was at that show, too! Mick Taylor blew me away on "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'."
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 08:43:09 PM »

I have seen some YouTube videos with Mick Taylor and he is sill outstanding..!
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 04:00:32 AM »

7 days from this moment and the show will be starting. I grow even more jittery with excitement every day. SO READY.

I'm considering recording the whole show with my iPod's audio recorder...but maybe I'll stick to just taking videos.

Anyone on this board going to the Macau show, or one of the shows in Asia?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:13:48 AM by Woodstock » Logged

bluesno1fann
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 02:34:12 PM »

Got the tickets for the Rod Laver Arena concert, so I'll be going to that. Sold the Adelaide Oval tickets.

Really looking forward to it!  Grin
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 06:24:16 AM »

Mick isn't my favorite guitarist in any line-up of the band for no reason. Listen to "Time Waits for No One", for instance. After all, he was one of the Bluesbreakers, John Mayall's scholar.

Soon is March 9th, Woodstock. Don't forget to post your short impressions of the concert, like the setlist, stage effects, sound, how was the audience etc.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 08:03:20 PM »

I'll see the Stones if I can either get my hands on a time machine or raise Brian Jones from the dead.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
bluesno1fann
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 09:59:53 PM »

I'll see the Stones if I can either get my hands on a time machine or raise Brian Jones from the dead.

If you ever obtain a Time Machine, kill Frank Thorogood before 1969  Wink Grin
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 11:56:22 PM »

Mick isn't my favorite guitarist in any line-up of the band for no reason. Listen to "Time Waits for No One", for instance. After all, he was one of the Bluesbreakers, John Mayall's scholar.

Soon is March 9th, Woodstock. Don't forget to post your short impressions of the concert, like the setlist, stage effects, sound, how was the audience etc.
I wish they'd just put Mick Taylor back in the band as a full member again and stop this two or three song nonsense.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 01:14:42 AM »

I wish they'd just put Mick Taylor back in the band as a full member again and stop this two or three song nonsense.

Sadly, that's as likely as Bill Wyman rejoining: Never gonna happen!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 05:43:02 PM »

Was going to see them, but the show's been cancelled and postponed to around October.

Very disappointed, but can totally understand due to the circumstances. Condolences to Mick Jagger, he must be going through a tough time. R.I.P. L'wren Scott
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx