gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:58:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would you consider to be the worst song of all-time?  (Read 45106 times)
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 15, 2014, 07:57:33 PM »

Just checked out Muskrat Love. The music is great, the lyrics are rubbish.
And America's version is a lot better than the Captain & Tennille's version!

Both awful. And I like America. In fact, God Bless America.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 15, 2014, 08:40:53 PM »

Surprised at the lack of love for Horse With No Name.

That song is excellent, I've loved it since I first heard it!
Me too. Best thing America ever did.

If anyone needs to hear a truly bad America song...I submit "Muskrat Love."  The Captain & Tennille version is a nightmare.

They keep playing it on the radio at work lately.  I've got to admit I like it.  It's god awful but there's something ridiculously sweet about it. 
bluesno1fann
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2014, 01:45:12 AM »

Barbie Girl.

f*** the people who made this, f*** this song, and f*** Disney Boy for reminding me of a absolutely horrible song which I was perfectly happy to forget about for a long, long time...
clinikillz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2014, 05:55:40 AM »

The Crazy Frog version of Axel F is pretty horrid.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2014, 08:05:32 PM »

The entire catalogs of Tool, Alice in Chains, Metallica, Godsmack, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen...

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2014, 10:29:08 PM »

How can anybody tell me that THIS is a bad song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0FAosDi4XA  Shocked

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2014, 06:35:22 AM »

Barbie Girl.

F the people who made this, F this song, and F Disney Boy for reminding me of an absolutely horrible song which I was perfectly happy to forget about for a long, long time...
It's not a good song, yes, but you can always listen to your best-of playlist & the trash will be forgotten. Why react so strongly about being reminded of 1 cheesy kids song & let it eat you inside, so to speak? That f-word angst was totally unnecessary, least in this unbiggie deal.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2014, 03:38:48 PM »

Barbie Girl.

F the people who made this, F this song, and F Disney Boy for reminding me of an absolutely horrible song which I was perfectly happy to forget about for a long, long time...
It's not a good song, yes, but you can always listen to your best-of playlist & the trash will be forgotten. Why react so strongly about being reminded of 1 cheesy kids song & let it eat you inside, so to speak? That f-word angst was totally unnecessary, least in this unbiggie deal.

I suppose it isn't a big deal  LOL
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »

With the release of the dreadfully gag inducing "Chinese Food" by Alison Gold (View here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWLhrHVySgA) a few days ago, discussions of what may be the worst song ever started yet again, with many saying this is the worst ever.
In my opinion, I'm sure I've heard worse, but I can understand the people's views. 
I have yet to decide what I personally believe to be the worst song of all-time, but I would be very interesting in seeing your opinion on the worst
Has to be:

MacArthur Park sung by Richard Harris.

(shudder)

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2014, 06:17:42 PM »

As far as musical atrocities go, I'd have to say "Smart Girls" is one of the greatest awful misfires any established musician could have made. It fails as a pop song, it fails as a hip-hop song, Brian Wilson's rhymes are beyond terrible and the samples were obviously handled by someone (Landy?) who had no idea how to use them to actually make a hip-hop beat. It's funny, yeah, but in the way that schadenfreude is funny.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2014, 05:25:07 AM »

(shudder)
Remove the last 3 words & we agree to agree. Incredible boredom - that's what that song is, full stop.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2014, 07:24:12 AM »

(shudder)
Remove the last 3 words & we agree to agree. Incredible boredom - that's what that song is, full stop.
That's Jimmy Webb's finest hour!! I bought it as soon as it came out in '68. A quite extraordinary record. It prompted an equally good suite of songs by Barry Ryan called "Eloise". Written by Paul Ryan. Those were the days.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Jason
« Reply #212 on: April 07, 2014, 10:59:22 AM »

MacArthur Park will make more sense to you when you sing it in the shower.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 07, 2014, 12:14:55 PM »

MacArthur Park will make more sense to you when you sing it in the shower.
You mean that "Someone left a cake out in the rain" will make more sense?

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Jason
« Reply #214 on: April 08, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »

It was clearly written from a female perspective and Harris is singing it specifically from the female perspective. Imagine being Richard Harris AND being caught in the rain on top of it. THAT is why the song is a classic. Only Richard Harris could bring that kind of power to a song. I mean hey, can you imagine what the song would have been if The Association didn't reject it? It wouldn't have been a blip on the radar. The song was so bad that it needed the overproduction and Harris' theatrics in order to work!

Actually, I can't really justify why it will make more sense to you when you sing it in the shower. You gotta try it.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 08, 2014, 07:14:06 PM »

This IS! the worst song by far!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixtCjzeqXmE

and they keep playing it here on the radio!

arrrrrrh!!!!! 

RickB
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2014, 09:40:39 PM »

It was clearly written from a female perspective and Harris is singing it specifically from the female perspective. Imagine being Richard Harris AND being caught in the rain on top of it. THAT is why the song is a classic. Only Richard Harris could bring that kind of power to a song. I mean hey, can you imagine what the song would have been if The Association didn't reject it? It wouldn't have been a blip on the radar. The song was so bad that it needed the overproduction and Harris' theatrics in order to work!
Don't know about all this & quite frankly, not interested in one bit. You say song is a classic? I'd say it's your subjective opinion, nothing more. I'm glad Association have nothing to do with this song. Ain't they smart? And finally, quoting someone on this board, bad song is a bad song.

Nice story, john.

mickbrown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2014, 12:23:36 AM »

Surrounded by Silence by Design the Skyline

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2014, 03:18:51 PM »

Don't know about all this & quite frankly, not interested in one bit. You say song is a classic? I'd say it's your subjective opinion, nothing more. I'm glad Association have nothing to do with this song. Ain't they smart? And finally, quoting someone on this board, bad song is a bad song.

Nice story, john.
If you mean mine, RRA1, there's more to it. I hope my memory serves me correctly:

I only heard "MacArthur's Park" (Harris insisted on singing the apostrophe s) once on BBC radio and they made a complete mockery of it.  The trouble began when the DJ quite early on said something to the effect of "This is boring, let's leave it going but broadcast something else instead."  Then when the other, much shorter record finished he switched back to "MP", by which time Harris had moved on to part two ("There will be another song from me").  And then he did the same thing again with a short 45, gave another quick listen to "MP", dissed it again and turned it off!! I had to go to my local record shop to hear the whole thing. I loved it and bought it on the spot.   

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2014, 07:20:38 PM »

This version actually makes more sense than the original:  LOL LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4zvQfDhi0

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 21, 2014, 12:06:28 PM »

This version actually makes more sense than the original:  LOL LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4zvQfDhi0

Really?! I reckon there's only one way to follow that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10W2hr1n9VU

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2017, 05:29:16 PM »

Radio announced song by some band & this garbage played: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk1ALEYfi54

undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2017, 08:08:06 PM »

maybe I'm just bitter because the Sasquatch lineup is so terrible, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRviuL6vMY

they're headlining, and they're so annoying. how.

(I don't think this is the worst song ever, though. No idea what that would be.)

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 24, 2017, 02:57:29 AM »

Radio announced song by some band & this garbage played: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk1ALEYfi54

Hahaha. I accompanied Maywood on several occasions in the late '80s, early '90s when I was in that Dutch semo-pro functions band. The last time I even managed to learn their part of the programme off by heart. It's much easier if you can play without having to stare at lots of notes. So I have good memories of that concert. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maywood_(duo)

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 24, 2017, 05:12:53 AM »

I assume there are lots at terrible songs I've never heard, and I'm exempting songs that I've only heard because I'm a particular fan of the artist (no obscure BB songs for instance)
Sussudio
Call me maybe
Everything I do (I do it for you)
We built this city
Don't worry, be happy
The "ooo ooo ooo no baby please don't go" Chicago song

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx