gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:48:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would you consider to be the worst song of all-time?  (Read 45118 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2014, 02:09:35 AM »

I think someone should get back on topic. Enough with the sidetrack or else I have no choice but to lock this thread.

I'd post another music video of a horrible song, but I can't think of one at the moment lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcSlcNfThUA

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2014, 04:26:51 AM »

I think someone should get back on topic. Enough with the sidetrack or else I have no choice but to lock this thread.
You should have given this advice to yourself & retrokid, as YOU both arranged the "Team Dennis!" flood. Also, locking a thread without no actual reason behind it is, mildly speaking, weird.

Ok, here's a bunch of other travesties: Scott Fitzgerald & Yvonne Keeley - If I Had Words
Too slow & the vocals are terrible, esp. boy's. I more liked the Countdown v-n.

America - A Horse with No Name
As it was with every smash, I was ready to be amazed but it didn't work again. The melody, guitar intro & finally Dewey's (godawful) voice don't do anything for me at all. So there's no excuse I can make up for this song.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2014, 04:34:51 AM »

I'd post another music video of a horrible song, but I can't think of one at the moment lol
I agree with rangerover, "team Dennis!" needs to stop clogging the board.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2014, 09:00:48 AM »

Not necessarily the worst ever, but it sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_SRJHsjHhk

"Jeff, you care." --BW
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2014, 10:48:03 AM »

Perhaps this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7tMy1eA9DQ

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2014, 02:39:41 PM »

You should have given this advice to yourself & retrokid, as YOU both arranged the "Team Dennis!" flood. Also, locking a thread without no actual reason behind it is, mildly speaking, weird.

I meant to everyone in general, not just me and Retrokid.

Also, I threatened to lock this thread if the Dennis debate continued on a thread which is supposed to be about what you consider to be the worst song of all-time. It's just lucky that I didn't have to and we're going back to the original topic

I agree with rangerover, "team Dennis!" needs to stop clogging the board.

Bit of a redundant comment considering we stopped on our own already...
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2014, 02:49:58 PM »

There have been thousands of songs dumber than and worse than "A Horse with No Name"....Neil Young's father Scott thought it was his son when he heard it on the radio.

Dullest good song I've ever heard: "Wrapped Around Your Finger" by The Police.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:51:59 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
The Dumb Angel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2014, 03:20:22 PM »

Beep, beep, beep, beep...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x47NYUbtYb0
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »

Wow, a song that's actually more annoying than alarm clock.  That's quite an accomplishment!

"Jeff, you care." --BW
bluesno1fann
« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2014, 07:38:14 PM »

Surprised at the lack of love for Horse With No Name.

That song is excellent, I've loved it since I first heard it!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2014, 10:01:29 PM »

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse... Anyone heard "It's Christmas In America"?  It gives Christmas Shoes a rum for its money as "the worst".
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2014, 03:59:35 AM »

Me too. Best thing America ever did.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2014, 09:23:29 PM »

I heard a really good explanation once that the worst song of all time must be "We Built this City on Rock & Roll".... because it's from the band that was once the Jefferson Airplane. 

So think about it.  First they're Jefferson Airplane, and they're fucking awesome.  I mean like OH sh*t THIS IS AMAZING awesome.  Grace Slick and all that sh*t.  Probably one of the coolest rock bands ever, from everything from their talent to their unique sound, to their great songwriting, rocking tracks, hell they even LOOKED cool.

Then they became Jefferson Starship.  They were still pretty cool, although obviously nowhere near as great as the awesome Airplane.  So they did some great stuff and made some great music.  Grace Slick quit.  Eventually, Jefferson Starship got pretty shitty... and got to the point that almost all their greatness was gone.

THEN they became Starship.  By this time, there's only 1 original member, and legally can't use Jefferson, OR airplane in the name.  So he just calls the band Starship.   Now I don't know much about this guy, but it seeems to me like if he's the last member of the original 6 or whatever, he must have been the shittiest member of the band because the song he came up with, with the help of Bernie Taupin, "We Built this City on Rock & Roll" has got to be some of the most horrible sh*t ever recorded.   

So, it's a sh*t song... there are lots of sh*t songs, but what makes this one especially bad is

1. It proclaims to rock when it most certainly does not rock
2. Since the conception of the song can ultimately be traced all the way back to such an incredible band like Jefferson Airplane, just the general contrast in quality makes this one look especially horrible. 
bluesno1fann
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2014, 09:27:33 PM »

I heard a really good explanation once that the worst song of all time must be "We Built this City on Rock & Roll".... because it's from the band that was once the Jefferson Airplane. 

So think about it.  First they're Jefferson Airplane, and they're fucking awesome.  I mean like OH sh*t THIS IS AMAZING awesome.  Grace Slick and all that sh*t.  Probably one of the coolest rock bands ever, from everything from their talent to their unique sound, to their great songwriting, rocking tracks, hell they even LOOKED cool.

Then they became Jefferson Starship.  They were still pretty cool, although obviously nowhere near as great as the awesome Airplane.  So they did some great stuff and made some great music.  Grace Slick quit.  Eventually, Jefferson Starship got pretty shitty... and got to the point that almost all their greatness was gone.

THEN they became Starship.  By this time, there's only 1 original member, and legally can't use Jefferson, OR airplane in the name.  So he just calls the band Starship.   Now I don't know much about this guy, but it seeems to me like if he's the last member of the original 6 or whatever, he must have been the shittiest member of the band because the song he came up with, with the help of Bernie Taupin, "We Built this City on Rock & Roll" has got to be some of the most horrible sh*t ever recorded.   

So, it's a sh*t song... there are lots of sh*t songs, but what makes this one especially bad is

1. It proclaims to rock when it most certainly does not rock
2. Since the conception of the song can ultimately be traced all the way back to such an incredible band like Jefferson Airplane, just the general contrast in quality makes this one look especially horrible. 

You make some great points, but I've always considered "We Built This City" to be a guilty pleasure song LOL
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2014, 09:51:09 PM »

LOL  I can get into Boston or Journey or any of that other kind of p*ssy music but "We Built this City" man that just takes it a little too far for me Smiley
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2014, 07:36:52 PM »

Santa's Goin to Kokomo .. Wrinkles...   Anything to do with RAP music.. Trans lp Neil Young.. Winchester Cathedral   TV show  HE HAW {C+W}  Spirit in the Sky  Norman Greenbaum  Anything by Tim Buckley  Tip toe thru the tulips 

TRANS isn't so bad. "Like An Inca" is my favorite Neil Young song of the 80's.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2014, 07:38:18 PM »

Surprised no one mentioned Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed. Now that truly sucked!
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2014, 07:39:16 PM »

Me too. Best thing America ever did.

If anyone needs to hear a truly bad America song...I submit "Muskrat Love."  The Captain & Tennille version is a nightmare.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2014, 07:44:03 PM »

Santa's Goin to Kokomo .. Wrinkles...   Anything to do with RAP music.. Trans lp Neil Young.. Winchester Cathedral   TV show  HE HAW {C+W}  Spirit in the Sky  Norman Greenbaum  Anything by Tim Buckley  Tip toe thru the tulips 

Laugh if you want but damn near everyone of note in 1970's-80's country music appeared on HEE-HAW at one time or another. You know not what you speak.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2014, 07:45:03 PM »

Dennis is a rock star, not an idol.

Do the two have to be mutually exclusive? One can say Dennis was both.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #195 on: January 15, 2014, 07:48:43 PM »

SMiLE Brian is right, Dennis is not an idol. But I did mean Dennis was my idol, and that's a bit different and SMiLE Brian obviously misunderstood.
But I'm sure he feels the same way about Brian that I do for Dennis  Grin
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 15, 2014, 07:50:53 PM »

If anyone needs to hear a truly bad America song...I submit "Muskrat Love."  The Captain & Tennille version is a nightmare.

Just out of curiosity, I searched Wikipedia....In 1976, The Captain & Tennille's "Muskrat Love" peaked at #4 and also spent four weeks at No. 1 on the Easy Listening chart. Can you believe it? Shocked
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2014, 07:54:32 PM »

Just out of curiosity, I searched Wikipedia....In 1976, The Captain & Tennille's "Muskrat Love" peaked at #4 and also spent four weeks at No. 1 on the Easy Listening chart. Can you believe it? Shocked

No.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #198 on: January 15, 2014, 07:55:32 PM »

Just checked out Muskrat Love. The music is great, the lyrics are rubbish.
And America's version is a lot better than the Captain & Tennille's version!
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 15, 2014, 07:56:13 PM »

SMiLE Brian is right, Dennis is not an idol. But I did mean Dennis was my idol, and that's a bit different and SMiLE Brian obviously misunderstood.
But I'm sure he feels the same way about Brian that I do for Dennis  Grin

Hell yes he was an idol. A pop idol. As was Elvis Presley, who like Dennis was also a rock star.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx