gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:28:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reminder: Brian Wilson and Jeff Beck are on Jimmy Fallon's Show Tonight  (Read 31101 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 10:14:31 PM »

I like Katy, I think a few songs got overplayed but that tune "Firework" was pretty catchy, good pop radio tune.

You'll see the interview on the replays, but she seemed really excited to meet Brian, the quote may not be exact as she mentioned something about the melodies, and Fallon mentioned and asked her about the Pet Sounds Sessions box set.

If thousands of Katy's fans heard her mention Pet Sounds and seek out a copy as a result, I'm all for it!  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 10:18:04 PM »

Note in the photos, some changes: David and Al are guitar-less, Brian is not behind a keyboard, Darian is not behind a keyboard...

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 10:19:42 PM »

I'm thinking they could have axed this Mr. and Mrs. Seinfeld cooking demo for some additional Brian/Beck tunes...

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 10:30:51 PM »

Our Prayer and Danny Boy!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 10:36:05 PM »

Our Prayer and Danny Boy!

That was pretty awesome.  I'm seeing them on Saturday, I'm pumped.

Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2013, 10:39:12 PM »

I like Katy, I think a few songs got overplayed but that tune "Firework" was pretty catchy, good pop radio tune.

You'll see the interview on the replays, but she seemed really excited to meet Brian, the quote may not be exact as she mentioned something about the melodies, and Fallon mentioned and asked her about the Pet Sounds Sessions box set.

If thousands of Katy's fans heard her mention Pet Sounds and seek out a copy as a result, I'm all for it!  Smiley

She commented that Pet Sounds had influenced her songwriting in the way she makes melodic choices. Then Fallon asked her if she had heard the Pet Sounds box set where the vocals and music are separated, or something like that. Then it got into a discussion of age and he said he'd get her one for Christmas.

I think it's great that so many current musicians are talking about Pet Sounds as an influence on them. When I went to the C50, there was a whole row of  young indy hipster types behind me who were  obviously there because of Brian's reputation in those circles.

Loved "My Prayer". Brian seemed fairly relaxed and I think he's really enjoying this tour. I would have loved to hear something more rockin', but the "Prayer" to "Danny Boy" combination did demonstrate that the two styles could be compatible.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 10:39:40 PM »

Did you see Melinda Wilson sitting about three rows up in the audience, aisle seat, as Fallon walked up the stairs?  Smiley

That was cool. I'd be lying if I didn't say I wish they had arranged it so Brian, Al, and David would have sung a few lyrics from Danny Boy along with Beck's guitar, but that was a neat arrangement, kind of like a Floyd Cramer-Roy Buchanan vibe with those Brian-style backing harmonies.

I'd be pumped to see the live show after that!  

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2013, 10:41:21 PM »

Glad that was good, I get pretty worried when Brian goes on TV

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2013, 10:44:55 PM »

It sounded great.  I don't remember ever seeing Brian smile like that on TV.  He really seemed to be enjoying Beck's playing. 
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2013, 10:49:57 PM »

It sounded great.  I don't remember ever seeing Brian smile like that on TV.  He really seemed to be enjoying Beck's playing. 

You're right! Brian and even the other band members seemed to be enjoying hearing Beck play, even though that song has been in their setlist the whole time. He has such a unique sound and style, I guess it's hard not to say "damn!" as you're on stage with the guy and he plays that way.  Grin 

KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2013, 10:50:56 PM »

Hm, so I guess zap2it, one of the major online TV listings sites, was wrong about Brian being on tomorrow night's show. As for Katy, she really doesn't write much of her own material. She's one of those songwriting factory type acts, even though she gets credits on some of her songs. It's amazing how many writers it takes to write bad songs these days.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2013, 11:38:50 PM »

Perhaps she had to plug PS to settle up for the following (lifted from RLollin' Stone, 2010):

"She's also in a terrible mood. The­cotton-candy scent that's supposed to go in the Teenage Dream packaging isn't quite right, and she's just been informed that the Beach Boys have served notice that Snoop Dogg's line about wishing that all the girls could be California girls violates their copyright. She takes a seat on a red-velvet couch in the studio and waves a hand. "As much as I want a Beach Boys credit on my album, we have to take it out," she says. "You want a Brian Wilson credit, not a Mike Love credit," says one of her managers. "Well, you said it, not me," she says."

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:39:31 AM by Alan Smith » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
rogerlancelot
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2013, 12:24:09 AM »

I'm in Pacific time so still waiting for this to air. Thank you all for the heads up!
rogerlancelot
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2013, 01:35:11 AM »

That was heart achingly beautiful. One of the best live appearances I have ever seen on any late night show.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2013, 02:39:26 AM »

Here it is.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/brian-wilson-and-jeff-beck-our-prayer-and-danny-boy/n41836/
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2013, 03:26:48 AM »

Thank you!

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2013, 03:54:30 AM »

SO COOL. 3D

2:30 ! Smiley

I've got a real good feeling about that album . .
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2013, 03:54:49 AM »

I still can't believe some of my Facebook "buddies" are calling this tour a waste of Jeff Beck, this is absolutely beautiful.
Moz from Oz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2013, 04:32:34 AM »

Noooo !! Can't play it on my iPhone in Australia. Says it's only available in the U.S and it's territories
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2013, 04:36:39 AM »

I find Katy Perry to be one of, if not the most tolerable musician in her field (if not her, then Lady Gaga, but I think they're both on pretty different trips). I don't love her or anything, but y'know, she strikes me as someone who's sincere about what she's doing and a few of her songs are very... okay. So yeah, the endorsement doesn't bug me at all. If anything, it's really good to hear someone in her position praise the Beach Boys and spread the word.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2013, 04:45:55 AM »

I don't love (Katy Perry) or anything, but y'know, she strikes me as someone who's sincere about what she's doing and a few of her songs are very... okay. So yeah, the endorsement doesn't bug me at all. If anything, it's really good to hear someone in her position praise the Beach Boys and spread the word.

Don't be so bashful, young man.  Sounds like you're head over heels, gone daddy gone, hook-line'n'sinker in love with this gal.

@ Moz, get off the iphone and on a PC, dude - you will be a happy man.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2013, 05:23:19 AM »

I can't see the pics... Sad

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Nicko1234
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2013, 06:14:39 AM »

This is a pleasant and inoffensive performance. It would have sounded pretty much identical if Brian, Al and David had stayed at home though.
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2013, 06:16:01 AM »

Wow! No continuation of the Beach Boys 50 tour? Brian and group (and Jeff Beck) take a lemon and make lemonade.  Grin

Classic!
G.C
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2013, 06:21:04 AM »

Thanks!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx