-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:08:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Health Care
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Health Care  (Read 132153 times)
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2013, 02:05:49 PM »

Thomas Sowell on the concept of "diversity".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVuLyE8ZvdI

Yup.  I know we're way off topic (and for a reason, since liberals are always unable to communicate, articulate and defend their positions through to the end, and arrive at a cogent conclusion -- thus leading the conversation off-topic at any chance they get to avoid their obvious defeat)... but, I just gotta say -- that's totally awesome.  "Diversity" is a scam.  It's a manufactured front in the Marxist war on Capitalism.  Divide and Concur.

Everybody's different for a reason.  People are individuals.  "Diversity" -- the industry we know today -- puts us into groups and tribes.  Just the opposite (as usual) from what Leftists claim it is.

Says the biggest and most blustering proud-to-be-a-hardcore-tribe member on this board....

Most of your crap is just motivated by attacking your childish concept of "other" "them" "liberals" lefties" because YOUR idea of what those words mean insults your self image as a big-bad Republican swinging dick..... Try walking it like you talk it for once.

Translation please

Try reading the damn thing, blowhard. However, you know damn well what it means.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2013, 02:11:45 PM »

Funny that nobody else considered me a racist- just you. Why was it that Jason got the gist of what I was saying on the first post and Pinder agreed with me to a point after I clarified my stance?

And please stop trying with the sarcastic humour, because frankly, you suck at it.

You still haven't told me how equating people from a certain place and select few nationalities to vermin, based on nothing but where they're from, isn't racist, but that's fine. Keep on being a terrible person. I can't stop you.

I can't speak for Pinder, but on the other hand I can say with confidence that it's because TRBB is a terrible moderator and a troll who does nothing of worth in these threads. Who didn't, btw, respond to my reaction to that idiot 'academic' and his anecdotal evidence.

The other mods are right. If you really want to keep slanging this back and forth, drop me a PM. This has got to be very boring for everyone else by now.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2013, 02:22:51 PM »

No thanks, I'm completely bored with talking to you now.

But, one last thing - was this you walking your dog earlier today? The similarities are uncanny.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2013, 02:30:39 PM »

So I'm a "terrible moderator and a troll" because I don't agree with your analysis of the situation? Man, if I had a dime for every time I've been told I'm a "terrible moderator and a troll" for having the "wrong" opinion I'd be a rich man! As far as your comment on the Sowell video, I saw nothing much worth responding to. For someone who accuses me of trolling you sure love engaging in the practice.

But let me ask you...is this really about my issue with the concept of a "right to health care" or is it something else? Because, if so, I'd love to know.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »

So I'm a "terrible moderator and a troll" because I don't agree with your analysis of the situation? Man, if I had a dime for every time I've been told I'm a "terrible moderator and a troll" for having the "wrong" opinion I'd be a rich man! As far as your comment on the Sowell video, I saw nothing much worth responding to. For someone who accuses me of trolling you sure love engaging in the practice.

But let me ask you...is this really about my issue with the concept of a "right to health care" or is it something else? Because, if so, I'd love to know.

I hear the Troll Union calling! They're coming out from under all the bridges of American and demanding the public pay for their hunchback removal surgery!!!

Hey you all, I dunno about anyone else, but I happen to have quite a bit of affection and admiration for each one of you no matter how much we might disagree.... Even Beanboy Baggins! ..... I really wish these arguments could take place over beers. The reactions would be quite different
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:39:47 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2013, 02:43:21 PM »

So I'm a "terrible moderator and a troll" because I don't agree with your analysis of the situation? Man, if I had a dime for every time I've been told I'm a "terrible moderator and a troll" for having the "wrong" opinion I'd be a rich man!

Hey, I seem to disagree with TRBB 66.67% of the time (only agreeing w/ his opinions on The Doors) but overall I find him to be an excellent Mod!

A glass of Merlot all around!

Afro

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2013, 02:58:11 PM »

So I'm a "terrible moderator and a troll" because I don't agree with your analysis of the situation? Man, if I had a dime for every time I've been told I'm a "terrible moderator and a troll" for having the "wrong" opinion I'd be a rich man!

Hey, I seem to disagree with TRBB 66.67% of the time (only agreeing w/ his opinions on The Doors) but overall I find him to be an excellent Mod!

A glass of Merlot all around!

Afro

Moderating the insanity of this board cannot be a simple task! ... I'd be in pieces after a single day of it.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2013, 03:37:44 PM »

It's because when he bleats the word 'racist' he expects the word to have a hold or power on people. Because you didn't jump all over the big. bad ol' racist and thwack him with the banhammer, this makes you a terrible person and moderator.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2013, 03:52:53 PM »

It's because when he bleats the word 'racist' he expects the word to have a hold or power on people. Because you didn't jump all over the big. bad ol' racist and thwack him with the banhammer, this makes you a terrible person and moderator.

Racism is a real/serious issue for many people in this country and it does not need to be made light of.... Not taking any sides here, but it's something to keep in mind.
Jason
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »

Well, if statistics say that Eastern Europeans are the ones who most take advantage of the system, that's not "racism" - those who think it is are in a neverending quest for some illusory "social justice" that doesn't exist.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »

Well, if statistics say that Eastern Europeans are the ones who most take advantage of the system, that's not "racism" - those who think it is are in a neverending quest for some illusory "social justice" that doesn't exist.

Once again, a whole lot of people went to great lengths and great risk to achieve some level of social justice in this country. You can have no opinion on this fact or an ill opinion on it, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen..... Just one more heartwarming quality of too many Americans: if it didn't/doesn't affect me, I couldn't give a f*** less.
Jason
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2013, 04:13:49 PM »

Talk to my very Italian grandmother; she'll tell you stories about how Italians in this country were treated worse than black Africans and Irish. So yes, it actually does affect me. I am not exactly warmly welcomed by some people simply because I'm Italian. But at the end of the day I don't give a sh*t. The people who go on about "social justice" are the ones who think the world owes them something.
Jason
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2013, 04:18:54 PM »

And in today's lexicon, calling someone a racist has become as nonsensical and ridiculous as telling someone to "go to hell". I take it as such and laugh about people who think they're so immune to any kind of discriminatory or prejudiced thinking - these people are the types who are so deluded, so ignorant, and so obsessed with the notion of social justice that they are in essence the most diabolical racists of all.

From personal experience, I have gay friends. We joke all the time about it. I once used the word "faggy" in general joking conversation. The first (and only) person who was offended was straight. You do the math.

Straight, white, p*ssy boy/girl liberals who have taken it upon themselves to be everyone's keepers.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:20:57 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2013, 04:23:07 PM »

Talk to my very Italian grandmother; she'll tell you stories about how Italians in this country were treated worse than black Africans and Irish. So yes, it actually does affect me. I am not exactly warmly welcomed by some people simply because I'm Italian. But at the end of the day I don't give a sh*t. The people who go on about "social justice" are the ones who think the world owes them something.

Sure, but YOU have a problem with the concept of being owed something. This is a personal thing with you but you want it to apply to everyone else.... So, black people should still be sitting at the back of the bus because to change that policy would be giving in to someone being owed something? Enough folks disagreed with you and won, deal with it... I'm Mexican/Italian/German/Irish but look Middle Eastern enough that I get stopped frequently and taken back to rooms at airports while flying, fair enough, I let that one slide..... But when driving to see my folks in Idaho and getting surrounded by rednecks with Mullets at some roadside gas station demanding I tell them "what kind of an Arab I am" ..... That, I take issue with..... Sometimes man you really come off like a guy who lives in and stays in a cave where it's easy to let your negative and selfish assumptions rule you..... I don't give two shits if someone thinks racist thoughts about me, but when they interfere with my RIGHT to take a fucking leak at a gas station and live to tell about it: there stands the difference. Ignore it all you want.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:25:28 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Jason
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2013, 04:31:51 PM »

Actually, the history of segregation is one where people had to pass a law to enable those policies because the privately run bus fleets didn't care where people sat as long as they wanted the service and wanted to pay. People had to get laws passed in order to make such behavior illegal. Again...segregation was LAW. I need not remind you of how many tyrannies have been enabled by people who felt that so many useless and ridiculous policies needed to be legislated.

People can think what they want about you however stupid it may be (and it is stupid); it's called freedom of conscience. You also have the freedom to tell them to f*** off and defend yourself if necessary. You can't change that type of behavior in those people. Ignorance of that behavior on YOUR part is what will destroy their type of thinking because they will realize it won't get the desired response.

As I've said before, an armed society is a safe society is a respectful society.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:32:45 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »

Actually, the history of segregation is one where people had to pass a law to enable those policies because the privately run bus fleets didn't care where people sat as long as they wanted the service and wanted to pay. People had to get laws passed in order to make such behavior illegal. Again...segregation was LAW. I need not remind you of how many tyrannies have been enabled by people who felt that so many useless and ridiculous policies needed to be legislated.

People can think what they want about you however stupid it may be (and it is stupid); it's called freedom of conscience. You also have the freedom to tell them to f*** off and defend yourself if necessary. You can't change that type of behavior in those people. Ignorance of that behavior on YOUR part is what will destroy their type of thinking because they will realize it won't get the desired response.

As I've said before, an armed society is a safe society is a respectful society.

Then back yourself into your cave with your guns pal ..... It's all self image and negativity on your part. No use trying to discuss anything. You really are a hateful bastard and need to go back to the caveman days and find the biggest club..... Evolution really just doesn't suit some people.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:46:01 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Jason
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2013, 04:54:50 PM »

Ad hominem; the last refuge of the individual with a weak argument.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2013, 04:57:51 PM »

Ad hominem; the last refuge of the individual with a weak argument.

Ditto to that

I sense DEEP self hatred on your part. And it informs your worldview to the letter.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:59:02 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Jason
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2013, 05:01:49 PM »

No self-hatred here. I'm not a feminist. Tongue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2013, 05:04:49 PM »

No self-hatred here. I'm not a feminist. Tongue

of course you're not

if you don't think you deserve anything or are "owed" anything, of course you don't think anyone else does either, and when they get something you don't have, it just fuels your hatred because you don't deserve what they have so how dare they have it and on and on and on. It also makes you settle for sh*t because, well, in order to not live in sh*t, YOU would have to be worth the effort to make it so you didn't live in sh*t
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:07:45 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Jason
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »

It is pretty presumptuous to claim one "deserves" or "is owed" anything. Nine times out of ten people create their own problems - then it becomes a case of those who learn from those problems and those who would rather play the perennial victim and claim that society dealt them a bum hand. It is the latter type that I have trouble with. I own my mistakes. I was born in an era when people owned their mistakes instead of blaming society for them.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2013, 05:31:54 PM »

It is pretty presumptuous to claim one "deserves" or "is owed" anything. Nine times out of ten people create their own problems - then it becomes a case of those who learn from those problems and those who would rather play the perennial victim and claim that society dealt them a bum hand. It is the latter type that I have trouble with. I own my mistakes. I was born in an era when people owned their mistakes instead of blaming society for them.

That's a valid opinion, and you and I are from the same era, but it is a dangerous opinion ONCE it becomes forced onto each and every situation..... I hope you can try and understand where I'm coming from.... Yes, people might feel they are owed something, but people are also wronged here and there and seeking justice is NOT simply being owed something. If you want an armed society than you should completely understand some form of justice.... Those little girls blown up in the church bombing in Atlanta way back when maybe should have been armed? Maybe so! Would you trust Rosa Parks with a shotgun? .... Those are just a couple of perhaps silly examples, but still...... Your blanket opinion simply cannot be applied to each and every situation just because that's how you want it.... it is a VERY valid opinion but there comes a point where it is stretched thin..... Just like any opinion.

It is also a matter of opinion when something someone seeks/needs etc etc is determined to be something they think they are OWED! And it is easy for YOU to glibly make that determination...... Human beings are not OWED air water, food: they NEED them or they die. To seek these things (services according to you) is survival instinct, just like a bear kills and eats your ass out in the forest. If humans are in need to what is necessary to survive, they will get them in whatever way they can/have to, or they perish. You can't make this go away because YOU determine that seeking these things means being owed something.

To be honest, I feel like I'm owed a copy of MIC and tickets to the next Brian show, but I am not owed these things.... Most people know the difference.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:43:52 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2013, 07:04:32 PM »

No I pretty much hate you too, you fucktard.

That's lovely! Glad we got to the point where you threatened to shoot immigrants in the face before we finished up this chat though.

Hyphat: this sandbox is a pathetic circle of hell for smarmy little angry boys who are pissed that they missed out on the beer hall putsch.... Bile spewing little shadows of people who have settled for less than they feel entitled to and the rest of the world is supposed to pay for it  (calm down guys, I don't mean in $$$)...... Little cowards who will say racist things and then deny it. I'd rather have such discussions as these at a KKK rally because at least those folks would be honest.

As soon as Obama's out of office, they'll shut the hell up anyway and the world will go back to being perfect in their eyes.

And yet daily you come here to spew your liberal horseshit. What does that say about you?

Ha, this is much more than Obama and this started BEFORE Obama, so the straw man, while certainly disgusting, is henceforth blown away as being without merit.

The funny thing is that none of my posts that got Hypehat's vagina all crabby mentioned Obama. In fact , unless he's secretly running the NHS in England they had f*** all to do with him.

You are a sexist neanderthal, and immature to go with it. You wonder why there aren't many female posters on this board?  This kind of derogatory bullshit is why!  I read this thread hoping to get some clarity on the situation in the US re healthcare and get a whole lot of sexist crap about being on periods, feminists being self hateful and vaginas, also a lot of racist venom.  Grow up and try finding a response that doesn't resort to proving how backwards you are.   Moderators - I realise there is freedom of speech but people other than members can read these posts and it's not too encouraging for them is it?
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2013, 07:28:43 PM »

Racism is a real/serious issue for many people in this country and it does not need to be made light of.... Not taking any sides here, but it's something to keep in mind.

I am not making light of anything - just pointing out how some people like to mention the 'R' word in an argument and expect others to freeze in fear/shame and then backtrack. Sorry that doesn't work on me. Nothing I posted that sent Hypehat on his pathetic crusade was racist, it was just me stating fact in my typical blunt manner. Not politically correct? I couldn't give a f***.

The last thing the UK needs is more people adding to it's population, it's seriously messed this country up. Immigration is not the only reason why the country is overcrowded but it has played it's part. I want the floodgates closed. I don't want MORE people coming in and then helping them to breed.
And if someone is found to be in ANY country illegally they should be sent packing - no costly appeal, no offering them financial incentive to leave (an idea recently floated around over here), they just have to leave. If that means under force if necessary than so be it. You guys patrol your borders over in the US - that's not water pistols the guards are packing now is it?

If anybody reads what I just typed and equates it to a bunch of rednecks looking for a n***** or two lynch then there is no help for you.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2013, 07:33:25 PM »

You are a sexist neanderthal, and immature to go with it. You wonder why there aren't many female posters on this board?  This kind of derogatory bullshit is why!  I read this thread hoping to get some clarity on the situation in the US re healthcare and get a whole lot of sexist crap about being on periods, feminists being self hateful and vaginas, also a lot of racist venom.  Grow up and try finding a response that doesn't resort to proving how backwards you are.   Moderators - I realise there is freedom of speech but people other than members can read these posts and it's not too encouraging for them is it?

Oh no! A joke made about a guy having a vagina! Society is doomed!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: