-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:07:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  U.S. federal government "shuts down"
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: U.S. federal government "shuts down"  (Read 10064 times)
Jason
« on: October 01, 2013, 12:14:31 AM »

Yup, the assholes in Washington are gridlocked again and "non-essential" (LOL) federal services are shut down. How about we shut the whole damned thing down and replace it with nothing?

l wonder if the roads are still outside...
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 12:44:17 AM »

Oh god...
"The impasse means 800,000 federal workers will be furloughed Tuesday. National parks, monuments and museums, as well as most federal offices, will close. Tens of thousands of air-traffic controllers, prison guards and Border Patrol agents will be required to serve without pay. And many congressional hearings — including one scheduled for Tuesday on last month’s Washington Navy Yard shootings — will be postponed."
Gross.

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 04:58:58 AM »

Dont worry the Obamedia is howling 24/7 how unfair it is, etc so it wont last long.  Grin

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 12:08:15 PM »

What I enjoy most about Obama, the Democrat party (and their media) is how good they are at blaming other people.  They're really good at it.  Just watch.

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 10:52:40 AM »

Good article about the media's timid treatment of the government shutdown.
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2013/10/1/reporting-governmentshutdowndemocracy.html

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 11:41:39 AM »

Rocky, thanks for sharing that.  I found that article so demented and in total denial of reality, that I actually had to use my brain -- my brain Rocky!! -- rather than relying on my instincts and common sense.  And using one's own brain is hard work!

The author's view of "the media" existed in some weird, removed, purgatorial dimension.  It was if his view of the media was the result of viewing them through a warped fun-house mirror --- but not before projecting that onto another warped, fun-house mirror -- and from there, twice removed -- the author chose to view and judge the original image.  Why?  That seems overly complicated, requiring extra mental processing.  I assume he's insane.

QUOTE:  "But the political media's aversion to doing anything that might be seen as taking sides".   Kiss  Don't tell the FoxNews haters, but the media DOESN'T take sides no more.  Tee-hee.

In reality, without all the silly funhouse mirrors -- the mainstream media is actually Obama's lotion boy.  Trying their best to blame Conservatives, Tea-Party "extremists."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:43:12 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 01:37:20 PM »

What I enjoy most about Obama, the Democrat party (and their media) is how good they are at blaming other people.  They're really good at it.  Just watch.

And, the Republitards (and their media) seem equally good at the Blame Game.

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 01:40:20 PM »

QUOTE:  "But the political media's aversion to doing anything that might be seen as taking sides".   Kiss  Don't tell the FoxNews haters, but the media DOESN'T take sides no more.  Tee-hee.

In reality, without all the silly funhouse mirrors -- the mainstream media is actually Obama's lotion boy.  Trying their best to blame Conservatives, Tea-Party "extremists."

Oh boo hoo hoo "you lost the election last year.. just go away and come back in four years" --- isn't that what Rush said in 2005?   Evil

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 03:24:54 PM »

Sigh... The Republicans are trying to slow the Democrats down a bit and take one last look before we roll out this new budget... What's so terrifying?

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »

Is Mitch McConnell supposed to mean something to me?  Is that who you think you're up against?  Classic.  Cuz I'm pretty sure this softball was willing to fundalize Blow-BamaCare to the max.

I'll say this about your boy Mitch McConnell... Obama's willing to negotiate with Iran but not him.  Cuz he's "too extreme."

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 01:08:04 PM »

G.O.P. Elders See Liabilities in Shutdown
WASHINGTON — The hard-line stance of Republican House members on the government shutdown is generating increasing anger among senior Republican officials, who say the small bloc of conservatives is undermining the party and helping President Obama just as the American people appeared to be losing confidence in him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/04/us/politics/gop-elders-see-liabilities-in-shutdown.html?exprod=myyahoo&_r=0

Heh heh heh It seems that no matter what the Republitards do, they can’t help shooting themselves in the foot, hardee har har har. Remember “dressage horses”, “car elevators”, “Cayman island accounts are people” and the dog on the roof of Mitt’s car LOL.  We have a front row seat while the Republitards dismantle the country.  Now that’s real Entertainment Tonight!  LOL

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 01:12:47 PM »

Is Mitch McConnell supposed to mean something to me?  Is that who you think you're up against?  Classic.  Cuz I'm pretty sure this softball was willing to fundalize Blow-BamaCare to the max.
I'll say this about your boy Mitch McConnell... Obama's willing to negotiate with Iran but not him.  Cuz he's "too extreme."

For you BB I have updated my pic of Mitch McConnell.

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 03:25:09 PM »

The headline, today and 50 years from now, will be the same: Republicans closed the government to keep millions of their fellow Americans from getting affordable health care.

And one more till I visit my bartender:  Evil

Jason
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 04:21:23 PM »

Let's be fair. Iran is no threat to anyone.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 04:22:43 PM »

Unreal, actually it's beyond baffling. After everything in the other thread there is still a notion of this creating "affordable" health care.

Here's the breakdown: Higher monthly premiums, less coverage, higher deductibles. Everyone will see it, everyone will eventually be personally affected by these changes in their own health plans whether it's now or a year later after the extension runs out for large companies.  Again, though, I've only been in direct contact and receiving all the paperwork as the "benefits manager" for the past few months, I don't know near as much as the political hacks spewing out the information in the media.

It won't sink in until it hits you personally. Until then, don't take it from people directly affected, though, it's better to read talking points from DC. It's more fun and convenient to believe a myth rather than accept the truth.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 09:05:00 PM »

The headline, today and 50 years from now, will be the same: Republicans closed the government to keep millions of their fellow Americans from getting affordable health care.

Are you serious??
GFool addressed the disaster of the "affordable" healthcare suicide mission your Leader and his gang of Nitwits are on... so I'll address the politics of the shut down...

You're so wrong -- again.  The GOP's winning this sick little Shutdown fight -- and you don't even know it!  How isolated is your media??  OBAMA and THE 'RATS shut down the government.  The House just proved it -- they've been sending all these funding bills up to Dirty Harry -- to keep things running -- and he, Dirty Harry, himself said "NO!"  THE DEMS WANT THE SHUTDOWN for some twisted little political game they play by themselves -- in the bathroom, with gerbils and rope, I assume.  Cheesy

It's abundantly clear what's going on and it's totally backfiring in the 'Crats faces.  Obama's polls are falling into the toilet.  Why??  Hmm?  Is he winning? 

The Vets not being admitted into the WWII Memorial??  If you've been following the news... barricades and such were put up to keep people from visiting -- when these were previously open 24/7/365, with no security.  The barricades were put there ON PURPOSE to create your precious "headlines."  It's so over-the-top and ham-fisted.  And it's all blowing up in the Dems faces.

Chucky Schumer was flipping out.  Cursing Ted Cruz.  Does that sound like "victory?"

What about Harry Reid being asked (by a reporter! no less) if he would cut the sht, and allow whatever funding bill to go thru, if it could save a kid's life or something -- and this dark little soul said -- "why would I do that."

WAKE UP.  Rome is burning.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:10:27 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 10:19:23 PM »

I think this is just the new normal.  Nothing's going to get solved or changed for the better, it's just slowly going to get even worse until we're living in a world that's like all the science fiction movies.  Big dark towers full of who knows what, curfews, government running everything and nothing makes sense, Big Brother, etc.

With that said, though... I'm making the best of it.  When I wake up in the morning, I have a great day no matter what the fools in washington are doing.  I had a great day today, and i'm going to have a great day tommorow.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 08:35:29 AM »

I think this is just the new normal.  Nothing's going to get solved or changed for the better, it's just slowly going to get even worse until we're living in a world that's like all the science fiction movies.  Big dark towers full of who knows what, curfews, government running everything and nothing makes sense, Big Brother, etc.

With that said, though... I'm making the best of it.  When I wake up in the morning, I have a great day no matter what the fools in washington are doing.  I had a great day today, and i'm going to have a great day tommorow.

You having a "great day," without the help of Washington, pisses the Progressive Left off.  Please report all "great day" activities directly to your local IRS bureau -- immediately.  Bring your papers -- aka, checkbook or bank routing number.  

Who knows, you might be given a refund! -- but most certainly, be prepared to pay.  Do you vote?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:36:58 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 01:11:30 PM »

John McCain Blames Tea Party For Government Shutdown

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/10/john-mccain-tea-party_n_4075052.html?ncid=txtlnkushpmg00000037

hardee hardee har har har

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 01:28:47 PM »

I love my country, but I'd really really like to see the GOP play chicken with Obama and see who cracks.

Honestly, I'm glad they did this. Everyone hates Republicans these days, I hate it. Just because they aren't agreeing with everything people believe in.

Listen. We SHOULD help each other out. I know even people on this very forum who have had rough times and need some help. The thing is, they bounce back.

We can't just raise the debt ceiling to pay for healthcare for those who seem to think they don't need it. Cause guess what? That's going to be my generations problem, so thanks.

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »

What kind of a CRAP country is the US anyway it can’t even manage to keep Yosemite open LOSERS

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 02:49:01 PM »

I love this!  Grin

A Thursday NBC News/Wall Street Journal national poll found the GOP’s approval rating down to (gulp) 24 percent!

http://news.yahoo.com/why-republicans-should-be-very--very-afraid-192943188.html

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »

I love this!  Grin

A Thursday NBC News/Wall Street Journal national poll found the GOP’s approval rating down to (gulp) 24 percent!

http://news.yahoo.com/why-republicans-should-be-very--very-afraid-192943188.html

I don't know exactly how Obamacare will play out - some of it likely good, bad and/or ugly - but the Republican Party has truly jumped the shark. A govt shutdown is NOT the way to stop Obamacare, which was indeed passed into law then upheld by the Supreme Court. (Note they have backed off their demands for defunding/dismantling Obamacare since all polls show the majority of Americans - even those with grave doubts about Obamacare-are opposed to shutting down the govt for such a purpose.)

The GOP has been hijacked by a small band of nihilistic extremists, many of whom are in safe seats thanks to gerrymandering. The Speaker of the House could end this RIGHT NOW but he is a coward.

Some are attempting to to sell this sad tale as a standard partisan equivalency but the real story is that the 2013 shutdown marks the moment when the majority of Americans perceived the GOP as the gross and disgusting object it has truly become.

I have no love for the Democrats, and one party democracy is a scary thing. But the only solution for me (at present) is stop voting for Republicans. Perhaps the GOP will evolve into something better, or maybe this gang will say "hi" to the Whigs as they enter the dustbin of history. Time will tell.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:02:42 AM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »

Agree with ya about the Rethuglicans, Centrist Steve.

Reagan speech writer Peggy Noonan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uW9Ld6bHYk&feature=youtu.be

And good ol' John McCain hisself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dQfV-0R4ZY&feature=share
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:08:03 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 11:08:39 AM »

John McCain: The Last Republican?

Bean Bag-

What is wrong with you? Yes, the polls show there are no heroes in this, including Obama,  but they just as surely show the GOP is taking a far greater hit. If Obama caves to the demands of the Pee Party, as the GOP at large seems to have done, a dangerous precedent will have been set.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: